The Manchester United Thread

R91HeHYh_normal.jpg
man utd 442 @Murphyja442 @orafa2 All the best Rafa. gutted to see one of our own move on. You always gave 100% and it wont be forgotten, A United legend. Good Luck

I see Pedro is basically Young 2.0. Real workhorse of a winger, not exactly Zidane on the ball, but really efficient at what winger's job is - spreading the defense and creating opportunities.
Not exactly. If Young was in Barcelona he would not even get half the game time that Pedro is getting. And their playstyle is very different - Young is more of your traditional winger that sticks to the byline while Pedro is your typical wing forward.

That's what 2.0 means - similar player but a lot better at doing similar job.

And Young cuts in all the time.

I've been working in sports direct while I'm at uni, and it's been insane how popular the new shirt has been. One of the Manchester stores had a midnight opening and took 7 grand in an hour! Who are these people queueing at midnight for a shirt?!

I've been working in sports direct while I'm at uni, and it's been insane how popular the new shirt has been. One of the Manchester stores had a midnight opening and took 7 grand in an hour! Who are these people queueing at midnight for a shirt?!
There is a video on FTD on the day of the kit release. There filming outside that shop in Manchester and there were thousands queing up its insane! Gotta love our fans :)

Pedro has been class tonight so far. Makes such intelligent runs and has easy pace that just glides past players. Could have had 3 assists already. Missed a sitter when the ball got stuck under his feet, then had an amazing solo run dumping 3 defenders in the box making the keeper pull off a decent save.

no one likes a show off mate

Its funny some people always complain about ManUtd transfers. Most (other club fans) said Manutd have ignored defense but 3 out of 6 transfers were either defenders or defensive mid.

This season we have signed:
Attacking winger - Depay
DM/CM: Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin
Full back: Darmian
GK: Romero (back up)

And rumored to sign Pedro but someone we have ignored problematic areas.

Only complain would be lack of CB but I believe our CBs are good enough and with additions of good DMs and full backs they should be good enough. Only problem is Van Gaal using them.

No way our CBs are good enough at the moment, we've been through this endlessly. Don't get into the mentality of 'should be good enough' that is a losing mentality and won't win trophies. Need to be fully confident that our centre back options are good enough and right now they are not, we can make all the excuses in the world but if we don't sign a good CB this window won't be a success in my eyes. Regardless of what else we've done this area was one of the most crucial IMO and has not been addressed effectively for few seasons now. If we're truthful to ourselves even if our best CB partnership stayed free of big injuries Smalling and Jones, still wouldn't be confident at this time that's going to win us big trophies.

No way our CBs are good enough at the moment, we've been through this endlessly. Don't get into the mentality of 'should be good enough' that is a losing mentality and won't win trophies. Need to be fully confident that our centre back options are good enough and right now they are not, we can make all the excuses in the world but if we don't sign a good CB this window won't be a success in my eyes. Regardless of what else we've done this area was one of the most crucial IMO and has not been addressed effectively for few seasons now. If we're truthful to ourselves even if our best CB partnership stayed free of big injuries Smalling and Jones, still wouldn't be confident at this time that's going to win us big trophies.

In your opinion they aren't good enough, in My opinion they are. Smalling, Rojo, Jones are good enough.

In some ways Steverobo was correct. Lack of patience with young players is so obvious, any mistakes yeah sell them and buy new shiny toy.

Hi i'm new here and while I somewhat agree with what sunilvk7 said there I also agree that at the moment Jones, Smalling and Rojo aren't up there with where our CB's should be. If you think back to when we had Rio and Vidic, i'd go into games feeling confident that the defence would do a great job but not theres too many mistakes. I do agree in the future, Smalling and Jones would be an ideal partnership but I also think we should buy a top quality CB who could maybe give us a stronger defence in the present instead of thinking about the future.

Hi i'm new here and while I somewhat agree with what sunilvk7 said there I also agree that at the moment Jones, Smalling and Rojo aren't up there with where our CB's should be. If you think back to when we had Rio and Vidic, i'd go into games feeling confident that the defence would do a great job but not theres too many mistakes. I do agree in the future, Smalling and Jones would be an ideal partnership but I also think we should buy a top quality CB who could maybe give us a stronger defence in the present instead of thinking about the future.

But what's the point in having young players if they are not given chances to improve?

TBF Smalling and Jones never got fair chance at United to prove themselves. They were played as full backs for many games and Smalling rarely played as CB.

We can sign quality CB who will improve the defense but does that mean that's a wise decision after investing so much money and time on Smalling and Jones? It's now or never time for them.

Back