The Manchester United Thread

Barcelona and Man Utd will next week meet to close Pedro deal. Personal terms already done. Barcelona want few incentives in 30M deal. [md]

Ruud van Nistelrooy, easy.

It shocks and disappoints me how everybody forgets the one player who made modern (ie successful) UTD what it is today.

The easiest NAY THE ONLY choice should be KING ERIC!

If you think he has a better chance of winning stuff at LFC rather than at City then I ll have whatever it is you re smoking mate.

Anyways this is a UTD thread and lets not have a discussion about this here lest we get infracted hehehe

It shocks and disappoints me how everybody forgets the one player who made modern (ie successful) UTD what it is today.

The easiest NAY THE ONLY choice should be KING ERIC!

Nobody has forgotten anything, he's just not the best player ever to play for us.

van Nistelrooy would have obliterated our all-time goal record if he'd stayed at the club. 150 goals in four years is unrivalled. Probably the best finisher this club has ever seen. Not to mention he would fit into Louis van Gaal's system with relative ease too.

Not even a debate for me.

QLcqv1be_normal.jpeg
Manchester United
@ManUtd #mufc will face Club Brugge, CSKA Moscow, Lazio, Monaco or Rapid Vienna in the Champions League play-off round.

Lazio probably worst out of those.

Monaco for me. Lazio are a very average outfit. The only problem there is as a fan going to Rome. Beautiful City. But the very last place you want to be when a footie match is on.

Monaco for me. Lazio are a very average outfit..

They're not Juventus, but they've got some great players. Biglia is class and so is Marchetti, for example.

Besides, I have one rule in football and that is to always be worried when playing Italians in a knockout phase.

Lazio are better then Monaco. They have quietly gone about their business and are approaching something near their heyday. Easily the worst draw we could get

They're not Juventus, but they've got some great players. Biglia is class and so is Marchetti, for example.

Besides, I have one rule in football and that is to always be worried when playing Italians in a knockout phase.

They were nothing special at all last year in another very average Serie A. Dangerous on their day, but nothing to fear IMO (not many current Italian sides are); and they haven't added much this summer.

I'd be relatively happy playing them over two legs but everyone sees things differently.

Anderson, Parolo, Candreva, the ever lethal Klose. Average they are not right now

Monaco for me. Lazio are a very average outfit. The only problem there is as a fan going to Rome. Beautiful City. But the very last place you want to be when a footie match is on.

Monaco are solid at the back, yet a remarkably average side going foward. They are just as average as Lazio. They knocked us out of the champions league because we gifted the tie away. They only scored 4 group stage goals last year, however only conceded one. If their games against Arsenal are anything to go by, United should comfortably win the tie. Their strike force consists of a Bimitar Berbatov who was signed from Fulham.

Would rather avoid Lazio tbh. Haven't Monaco sold a lot of there good players or in the process of doing so. Traveling to CSKA would not be easy either.

Okay different question, what player that United have signed was your biggest let down?

I'm not talking the likes of Bebe etc, I mean players who you had high hopes for.

(maybe exuding Di Maria as it's so recent ;) )

Back