The Manchester United Thread

And I ****** loved Van Nistlerooy! Only recently heard he is assistant manager at Holland too, missed that somewhere!

Okay different question, what player that United have signed was your biggest let down?

I'm not talking the likes of Bebe etc, I mean players who you had high hopes for.

(maybe exuding Di Maria as it's so recent ;) )

There are many.
1. Di Maria - He was world class player and we rarely signed players at their peak. So expecting lot of big things from him.
2. Veron - World class player and signed from Serie A which at that time was by far the best league. He would have been amazing signing had we signed him now.
3. Anderson - Golden boy award winner and highly rated in all the FIFA, FM games. Just watching his Youtube videos, I thought he would be amazing player for us.
4. Hargreaves - No explanation needed. We bullied a big club like Bayern and ended up signing a player with no knees.
5. Falcao - Loan deal, arguably the best 9 in the last few years and he made Bebe look like a class player.

Okay different question, what player that United have signed was your biggest let down?

I'm not talking the likes of Bebe etc, I mean players who you had high hopes for.

I was very excited over the Zaha signing and really thought He would bring something to the team.

It's definitely Anderson.

He had no health issues, was given countless chances in the starting lineup and suffered only one serious injury (knee, back in 2010 if I am not mistaken) and was touted as the new Ronaldinho - but it turned out that the one and only link between them is the burger addiction.

I actually had high hopes for Anderson tho...I thought he would make us forget that moment when we almost signed Ronaldinho back in 2005...

ig_JAvbb_normal.jpeg
Samuel Luckhurst
@samuelluckhurst #mufc have cleared around £885,000 off weekly wage bill with sales of Di Maria, Van Persie, Nani & Falcao. Money's there for a marquee name.

Apparently Depay wants 7, I see no player more suited to that number that Depay. Full of confidence and a winger.

Apparently Depay wants 7, I see no player more suited to that number that Depay. Full of confidence and a winger.

he knows the history and the pressure that comes with it, and he still wants it. Give it to him.

Good on Depay for wanting the number although it does strike me as a bit of a rash decision considering he has achieved zilch in the game so far outside of performing well in a second-tier feeder league

The 7 shirt is about potential to be great as much as anything, and it couldn't be more typified than Ronaldo. Depay is an undeniably a great talent wanting to be the best. It's essentially the story of the number 7. Nothing rash about it.

Even Ronaldo requested No.28 instead of No.7 when he first arrived before Ferguson thrust it on him. Even he realised that you need to live up to the shirt before wearing it. That was Ronaldo and I wouldn't even think of comparing Depay to him. Ronaldo is one in a million player who lived up to it

After that, off the top of my head, the players who asked for the jersey such as Di Maria and Valencia only did so after winning major trophies and having good seasons at top leagues. Depay strikes me as a very confident player. Let's see if he does the same talking on the pitch

Even Ronaldo requested No.28 instead of No.7 when he first arrived before Ferguson thrust it on him. Even he realised that you need to live up to the shirt before wearing it. That was Ronaldo and I wouldn't even think of comparing Depay to him. Ronaldo is one in a million player who lived up to it

After that, off the top of my head, the players who asked for the jersey such as Di Maria and Valencia only did so after winning major trophies and having good seasons at top leagues. Depay strikes me as a very confident player. Let's see if he does the same talking on the pitch

Ronaldo wasn't ready the first year he arrived, he was well behind Depay in terms of development and real game exposure. He didn't have the drive or the confidence. That's when you get the shirt. Every player who has worn it has achieved or had the belief, those who dare to dream as Charlton once said. Can't think of a better fit at the club right now.

Ronaldo wasn't ready the first year he arrived, he was well behind Depay in terms of development and real game exposure. He didn't have the drive or the confidence. That's when you get the shirt. Every player who has worn it has achieved or had the belief, those who dare to dream as Charlton once said. Can't think of a better fit at the club right now.

Mike if you don't like the way I converse as you proudly espoused on the Chelsea thread, then stop quoting me. I have no intention of discussing any topic with you myself

Back