The Manchester United Thread

Mike if you don't like the way I converse as you proudly espoused on the Chelsea thread, then stop quoting me. I have no intention of discussing any topic with you myself
Then leave, if you've come to reignite a fight, I'll simply boot you from the forum.

So apparently we've had a 100m bid for bale turned down. Can we not please?

I would love Bale here tbh. But for that price and a bit more we could have Pedro,Griezmann,Otamendi,Lacazzete.

Ronaldo was unknown youngster who accomplished absolutely nothing beyond dribbling past few United players in a friendly. Deepay just ripped apart a solid european league and was important player for World Cup semi-finalists. They arrived to the club in a completely different moment of their careers, it does'nt even compare.

Good on Depay for wanting the number although it does strike me as a bit of a rash decision considering he has achieved zilch in the game so far outside of performing well in a second-tier feeder league

#7 was given for the flair players and Beckham, Ronaldo didn't achieve much before getting #7. Especially Ronaldo, he was just a 18 year old playing free style football.

Even Ronaldo requested No.28 instead of No.7 when he first arrived before Ferguson thrust it on him. Even he realised that you need to live up to the shirt before wearing it. That was Ronaldo and I wouldn't even think of comparing Depay to him. Ronaldo is one in a million player who lived up to it

After that, off the top of my head, the players who asked for the jersey such as Di Maria and Valencia only did so after winning major trophies and having good seasons at top leagues. Depay strikes me as a very confident player. Let's see if he does the same talking on the pitch

But Fergie insisted Ronaldo to take #7, you know why? Because he was player with bright future and till that time he achieved square root of **** all. #7 is not for player who achieved everything, it's usually for the players who are wingers, flair players who can excite players and someone young who grows with the club.

Ronaldo was unknown youngster who accomplished absolutely nothing beyond dribbling past few United players in a friendly. Deepay just ripped apart a solid european league and was important player for World Cup semi-finalists. They arrived to the club in a completely different moment of their careers, it does'nt even compare.
Depay is Ronaldo right before his 3rd season when he went mental. Not saying Depay will do that but that is roughly where the development is.

I don't think Griezmann is going anywhere this summer, which is a shame because he would be ace.

Apparently it's a second tier feeder league.

If anyone with bit of time can do bit of research then those feeder league have produced far better and more players than The best league in the world.

Players like Ronaldo, Robben, Ribery, RVP, Hazard, Suarez, RVN, Stam, VDS, Matic, Carvalho, Essien, Drogba, Cantona and many many more players are from those feeder leagues.

Depay is Ronaldo right before his 3rd season when he went mental. Not saying Depay will do that but that is roughly where the development is.

He is making all the right noise and his attitude is exact replica of Ronaldo. Too much fitness freak, flying winger who turned into goal scoring winger and always striving to improve himself.

May not be as good as Ronaldo but he will be a big player for us.

So apparently we've had a 100m bid for bale turned down. Can we not please?

Yeah, I've seen the rumours too that Real actually turned down the 100M bid TWICE!

Even if I'd love to see the Bale, Rooney, Depay combo in attack, I don't think these rumours are true.

Yeah, I've seen the rumours too that Real actually turned down the 100M bid TWICE!

Even if I'd love to see the Bale, Rooney, Depay combo in attack, I don't think these rumours are true.

Also It'd be hard to offer Pedro a starting slot if you have Bale in there...

Seems like Van Gaal is **** bent on adding more pace to the side.

Also It'd be hard to offer Pedro a starting slot if you have Bale in there...
Hope Pedro deal is done soon. Don't see the point in Barca wanting him for the cup. And if we have agreed terms like is reported, don't see it being long surely?

Hope Pedro deal is done soon. Don't see the point in Barca wanting him for the cup. And if we have agreed terms like is reported, don't see it being long surely?

As ever clubs will be arguing over the small fees, both sides determined to get the best deal. I'm not too fused as he will not play against Spurs anyway, but he would be great to have for Europe qualifiers

Van Gaal is mad. He says he wants pace but plays most pacey player as #10 instead of winger.

It makes sense though. Deepay is only winger by name, he really plays as inside forward. Drifts centrally and sort of just stays there. With Mata doing the same, you would be terribly exposed on the both wings. Young as wide player adds balance to the side, the team can just make corrections to nuliify the threat on right flank instead of worrying about both. If Pedro comes I'd imagine Deepay will be moved to the wing again.

It makes sense though. Deepay is only winger by name, he really plays as inside forward. Drifts centrally and sort of just stays there. With Mata doing the same, you would be terribly exposed on the both wings. Young as wide player adds balance to the side, the team can just make corrections to nuliify the threat on right flank instead of worrying about both. If Pedro comes I'd imagine Deepay will be moved to the wing again.

Yeah Pedro is as much a winger as he is an inside forward.

What about this 40m bid for Kane nonsense? I reckon it is just that. Nonsense.

What about this 40m bid for Kane nonsense? I reckon it is just that. Nonsense.
Our net spend is 15m, and We've cleared more than 750k A WEEK off our wage bill. We're about to try and be silly.

Back