The Manchester United Thread

Papers are reporting Man Untited and Arsenal maybe looking at Ibrahimovic.

Fantastic, who cant wait to see him ad LVG get into a fight!?!?!? if ever there is a player that doesnt strike me as LVG disciplined...

LVG: Right, so this is my Philosophy...
Ibra: Just give me the ball.
LVG: No, you need to follow the Philosphy. First you have to....
Ibra: Just give me the ball. This is MY Philosophy.
LVG: And these are my balls.

I literally know nothing about Brugge, is there anything to fear about them/any standout players?

They're missing half of their first squad due to injures, supposedly. Really should be locking this down after the first leg already.

I literally know nothing about Brugge, is there anything to fear about them/any standout players?

Vazquez is quality, but we should really be beating them. they are still a good side and you must always be wary of any side who plays in Europe, and never be complacent, but the bigger danger is us not playing to our level rather than their threat

Brugge are missing Refaelov (foot), Izquierdo (calf), Meunier (knee), Gedoz (groin), Engels (knee), Ibini (shin), Coopman (knee), Denswil (knee).

I'd play wilson tonight.

Brugge are missing Refaelov (foot), Izquierdo (calf), Meunier (knee), Gedoz (groin), Engels (knee), Ibini (shin), Coopman (knee), Denswil (knee).

I'd play wilson tonight.

I'd still play Rooney, Let's get this done properly. Kill it off in the first tie if we can. I don't want us pulling an Arsenal here.

Januzaj should start again in my view, can't play him for one game then drop him again, especially when you consider that he scored what turned out to be the winning goal. I actually thought he played decent against Villa and preferred him there to what I've seen out-wide. He made good runs at times and he needs a run of games to see if he can gain some consistency. Any player who comes in to the side sporadically is going to struggle to get in their game straight away.

For me it would be pretty much same line-up, but I'd start Schweinsteiger over one of the two in midfield. Just love it how when he came on we controlled the game again vs Villa.

Play the best lineup, take no risks whatsoever. This is most important game of the season.

Januzaj should start again in my view, can't play him for one game then drop him again, especially when you consider that he scored what turned out to be the winning goal. I actually thought he played decent against Villa and preferred him there to what I've seen out-wide. He made good runs at times and he needs a run of games to see if he can gain some consistency. Any player who comes in to the side sporadically is going to struggle to get in their game straight away.

For me it would be pretty much same line-up, but I'd start Schweinsteiger over one of the two in midfield. Just love it how when he came on we controlled the game again vs Villa.

Schweinsteiger over carrick for me...it should be

Romero
darmian smallings blind shaw
Schweinsteiger schniederlin
mata januzaj depay
rooney

Play the best lineup, take no risks whatsoever. This is most important game of the season.

Imagine a scenario were we challenge city to the death for the title...and say and the 37th game, we are 2 points above city...

Wouldn't the last game be considered the most important game of the season?

Imagine a scenario were we challenge city to the death for the title...and say and the 37th game, we are 2 points above city...

Wouldn't the last game be considered the most important game of the season?

Pretty sure he means most important game of the season up to this point, can only focus on what's happening now, not in the future.

This is huge monumental game, on and off the pitch for United, if we don't progress it's nothing short of a disaster. Sure Brugge may be under pressure as well but in comparison to us it's nothing.

Don't want to start slow in a game like tonight either, considering an away goal gives a big advantage.

I'd play wilson tonight.

Or Chicharito!

Btw, apart from Denswil, are they regens?

I'd even play DDG if I had no doubt he was prepared as he says. You play your strongest side in a game with such high stakes. (Personally a great believer in what Shanks always used to say. If fit, you get your best XI on the park EVERY game. And 2 games into the year nobody should be needing a rest.).

Hopefully build a big lead at home. Although 0-0 or 1-1 wouldn't be the worst result.

https://youtu.be/q7vTXBFJWy8?t=39s

Any chance of seeing Rooney back like how he played against Milan, which seems a long time ago now? Hungry, passionate, clinical.

Rooney should start this game. He looked so out of his depth but he takes time and goes on a scoring run. We need him to be back to full fitness and sharpness.

Then around 60th min maybe time for Hernandez. He didnt even play single game.

Also think we might see Fellaini today playing behind Rooney.

Back