The Manchester United Thread

Good game. Me happy. They created nothing. Yet another game where United defense were solid.

"..anywhere on his head, and he [Fellaini] is mustard"

What to expect if we progress further on regular commentary from the ever-present - unfortunately - Michael Owen.

Turning into doesn't really help at the min. I'd still prefer a leader next to him over Blind till then.

Then you can never develop a player. There is a reason he was given the armband. He's already the "3rd captain"

I was just about to say excellent result for Bruge for all their efforts which sets up a great second leg. But that third goal is probably a goal too far. I can defo see Bruge scoring at home. Just can't see Utd not.

Tie not quite over but the third should be enough.

Fellaini always seemed more like a mayonnaise to me, but I'll take the goal.

I was just about to say excellent result for Bruge for all their efforts which sets up a great second leg. But that third goal is probably a goal too far. I can defo see Bruge scoring at home. Just can't see Utd not.

Tie not quite over but the third should be enough.

Brugge have to get forwards, saw the damage United did on the counter. If Pedro arrives for the 2nd leg they will get burned horribly

finally united have come out of there shell playing vibrant attacking football good performance but romero i dont feel comfortable if he is de geas replacement even as a number 2 he just seems to be 1 of them goalkeepers who is prone to silly mistakes

Then you can never develop a player. There is a reason he was given the armband. He's already the "3rd captain"

I'm not talking about removing/replacing Smalling, he's your best defender at the min, just a better partner for him. Having a better CB next to him ins't going to stifle him. He's 25 now and been there 5 years he should be well on the way developing into a leader of the dressing room and team regardless at this point.

Id have rather see Smalling/Otamendi over Smalling/Blind as a 1st choice pairing. On paper, Smalling tall, quick, good reading of the game. Otamendi, powerful, air dominating cb.. seems a great pair, but alas not to be.. i'll buy him on FM. :)

I literally has not a clue what he was doing when he... by all accounts... got himself injured watching the ball and just at the last minute, thankfully, deciding to kick it away. (Romero).

I'm not talking about removing/replacing Smalling, he's your best defender at the min, just a better partner for him. Having a better CB next to him ins't going to stifle him. He's 25 now and been there 5 years he should be well on the way developing into a leader of the dressing room and team regardless at this point.

Id have rather see Smalling/Otamendi over Smalling/Blind as a 1st choice pairing. On paper, Smalling tall, quick, good reading of the game. Otamendi, powerful, air dominating cb.. seems a great pair, but alas not to be.. i'll buy him on FM. :)

Spending 50m on a defender who is slightly better, and very similar isnt ideal. Laporte on the other hand is a ball playing defender, who compliments Smallings lack of passing. and is left footed, which deals with LVGs obsession

Brugge have to get forwards, saw the damage United did on the counter. If Pedro arrives for the 2nd leg they will get burned horribly

Above and beyond that game and more pressing would be an out and out forward to me. Rooney was very poor again and to come out of the window with just him, Hernandez and the inexperienced Wilson wouldn't be too clever that end of the park.

Spending 50m on a defender who is slightly better, and very similar isnt ideal. Laporte on the other hand is a ball playing defender, who compliments Smallings lack of passing. and is left footed, which deals with LVGs obsession

Laporte's release clause is the same amount.. the only thing you'd be paying for is the age. Smalling's passing isn't that big a deal, United arent playing long balls from the back and he's surrounded by Carrick, Mata, Schneiderlien, Bastian and restricted in LVG system.. i doubt he'll hit a ball further than 20 yards all season..

The LVG left foot thing though is all him. lol.

Personal preference, i'd have rather they gone in stronger in that area this season. A week to go in the window though.. :)

IF true.

Also want to know why United not keen on doing the deal quickly. Up to something else?

Dont worry about it, they were buying Greizmann an hour ago .

Eh? Lack of passing in what, beyond a few yards ahead of him do you mean?

IF true.

Also want to know why United not keen on doing the deal quickly. Up to something else?

Haven't got a clue, but I know Chelsea notoriously are swift when they act out a transfer under someone elses nose. By all accounts we've been slow getting Pedro done, we should of paid release clause and agreed fee by now.

Plus I don't know who else there even is.... Griezzmann.... going off a twitter post, that's about it! Ha.

Haven't got a clue, but I know Chelsea notoriously are swift when they act out a transfer under someone elses nose. By all accounts we've been slow getting Pedro done, we should of paid release clause and agreed fee by now.

Plus I don't know who else there even is.... Griezzmann.... going off a twitter post, that's about it! Ha.

Ed's in Barcelona right? Take Turan till new year. Simple.

Pedro is done, its the deal with Barca that isnt, and we've deliberately dragged our feet, no idea.

I haven't got a clue either but United are notoriously quiet unless you are being briefed.

Back