The Manchester United Thread

him leaving isnt an issue for me but running your contract down is a vile thing to do especially with how we as a club stuck by him in extremely hard times when he was getting hammered by press every week
When you sign a player, he is contractually obliged to play for you for as long as the contract says. He has no contractual or moral obligation to extend it. If you were offered a better job, wouldn't you take it?

I agree with all, except the claim that he'll be earning more. United's revenue is a cut above Madrid, who are in 500 million of debt. United would easily pay 200k+.

Nah. He'll get much better deals from invididuals sponsors when playing at home.

Nah. He'll get much better deals from invididuals sponsors when playing at home.
United are the most marketed and marketable club on earth by a mile. I'd say that in terms of individual sponsors, every player on earth is best off at United.

When you sign a player, he is contractually obliged to play for you for as long as the contract says. He has no contractual or moral obligation to extend it. If you were offered a better job, wouldn't you take it?
regardless of what you are obliged to do you give that respect to your club its like the unwritten role unless ur a selfish arsehole mind the language lol

United are the most marketed and marketable club on earth by a mile.

No they're not. And a foreigner will never be as marketable in England as when he's playing at home. Its a no brainer, his sponsorship deals would probably double.

Ronaldo wasn't even pushing to leave. United received a world record fee and showed him loyalty for his years of service for United by giving him the move he's dreamed of as a kid. Lots of players also dream of playing for United, so it isn't a case of club stature.

Ronaldo wasn't pushing to leave? Go and check all the 2008 summer articles. He was **** bent on leaving and Fergie convinced him to stay for 1 more year.

But my company doesn't pay 18 Million pounds to buy me. Comparing regular 9-5 jobs with football is the biggest pile of bullshit on internet.

When Hernandez came on his touch and passing was very good. Much better than Rooney in lone striker role. Also when Rooney moved behind the striker he was decent. Hernandez should get more chances in the coming weeks.

But my company doesn't pay 18 Million pounds to buy me. Comparing regular 9-5 jobs with football is the biggest pile of bullshit on internet.

Sure the scale of salary is different but principally it's the same thing. De Gea has no obligation to extend his contract. Yes the club stuck by him during tough times but he also repaid the faith by becoming the best GK in the EPL and dragging you lot to the top 4 last season. Plus if he signs a new contract, will Madrid really pay a world-record fee to get him? They might decide to forget it and turn their attention to another GK and pursue an alternative marquee signing. GK spots in top 2 Spanish clubs hardly ever open, it's a no brainer move for him

This is what I was talking about with Smalling and Otamendi. Smalling just needs to be fit.

I see your point but i still wonder if he ll be as composed when we play the top teams in england and europe.

Sure the scale of salary is different but principally it's the same thing. De Gea has no obligation to extend his contract. Yes the club stuck by him during tough times but he also repaid the faith by becoming the best GK in the EPL and dragging you lot to the top 4 last season. Plus if he signs a new contract, will Madrid really pay a world-record fee to get him? They might decide to forget it and turn their attention to another GK and pursue an alternative marquee signing. GK spots in top 2 Spanish clubs hardly ever open, it's a no brainer move for him

I'm not talking about the move but comparing football with regular jobs is just stupid. There is no comparison at all.

Just sorted the Utd tickets for the 12th of next month.

Mentioning that as for once I can thank your club for only a pound increase to a still (for this day and age) very reasonable £44. Compare that to Arsenal at £65 next Monday night (which L'pool are subsidising by £10 but still an absolute disgrace. Swerving that as I don't fancy an overnight in London on top of everything else), City at £58, and Chelsea who will doubtless be well over £50 again; that's a BIG difference at Utd to the other top clubs and much appreciated.

Still can't understand the crazy logic of GMP sanctioning it for a Saturday tea-time like. The single biggest and most hate filled game in England, on top of all day drinking, (and not to mention the potential disruption to your average Saturday night out in Manchester) ..... potential carnage and an absolutely stupid decision.

Here's hoping they're fully on top of proceedings.

wtf? Why would we just end our interest in someone we've been trying to get to come for the past few weeks? seriously wtf...

wtf? Why would we just end our interest in someone we've been trying to get to come for the past few weeks? seriously wtf...

Meaning he has decided to move to chelsea thus us ending our interest.

Cue hundreds of tweet, "dont care, hes ****, we're getting Muller!"

Edit: from the general idiots.

Last edited:
Wtf, so we've let Otamendi go to City..... Pedro to Chelsea.

Sorry but this is very very poor from us, one thing we needed was Pedro's goals and at least some comfort that we've tried to replace Di Maria, not doing anything is just madness.

Wtf, so we've let Otamendi go to City..... Pedro to Chelsea.

Sorry but this is very very poor from us, one thing we needed was Pedro's goals and at least some comfort that we've tried to replace Di Maria, not doing anything is just madness.

I was getting worried btw. Depay-Mata-Pedro. If they click, it's over.

No worries though, you will get another player. Pedro is not the best out there. I'm not even that excited by this deal.

Back