The Manchester United Thread

its been a long time but we have a zz whine fest all is right in the cosmos

Mourinho has literally just whinged about the same thing after that game... no one can blame me if it is coming from the horses mouth also.

Because anyone with half a brain knows a) he's got more than enough there to be a threat, since we didn't play anywhere near our best and still came second and in a final b) he's saying to put pressure on a board who a really resisting but gonna buckle anyway and therefore should have just done it in the first place weeks ago. You're grown man. Pull yourself together

We are a threat... but only to top 4 as it stands... I want us to compete for the title. The board have not shown the ambition so far (it could change in last few days) to really push us on this season, give City a real challenge and that's sad.

We are a threat... but only to top 4 as it stands... I want us to compete for the title. The board have not shown the ambition so far (it could change in last few days) to really push us on this season, give City a real challenge and that's sad.

I'm afraid the only team that will give City a real challenge will be Liverpool.
United fans need to drop the "Ahh... We might be ok... Lets see what happens" attitude and get back to grabbing a piece of the action.
We don't need to be having wet dreams over a new sponsor on our laces!!! We need to see and feel like we are making waves on the pitch (like Liverpool).

I'm afraid the only team that will give City a real challenge will be Liverpool.
United fans need to drop the "Ahh... We might be ok... Lets see what happens" attitude and get back to grabbing a piece of the action.
We don't need to be having wet dreams over a new sponsor on our laces!!! We need to see and feel like we are making waves on the pitch (like Liverpool).

Mad thing is mate, for as much as he’s narking and setting his excuses already, you have the players. I’d lay everything I own that this group as is without any additions, under Pep or Klopp going into year three, would be giving Utd fans great entertainment and be a serious threat for the league. Instead of the no fun dross he continues to serve up whilst blaming anyone and everyone bar himself.

Probably won’t happen this late in the window, but for the club to be even entertaining getting rid of one of the best young attacking players in Europe down to the manager’s ego not being able to adapt and work with him just blows my mind. Martial would not only be a revelation at L’pool or City, he’d be a WC winner now too.

But he’s never changing at this stage of his career so for your sake I hope he doesn’t do too much damage before he’s eventually binned. His 3rd season narking at anyone and everyone has started early this time out.

It's official - @MarcusRashford is #MUFC's new no.10!
1f44d.png

Wearing the shirt worn by United legends, honoured
1f51f.png
#MR10

Mad thing is mate, for as much as he’s narking and setting his excuses already, you have the players. I’d lay everything I own that this group as is without any additions, under Pep or Klopp going into year three, would be giving Utd fans great entertainment and be a serious threat for the league. Instead of the no fun dross he continues to serve up whilst blaming anyone and everyone bar himself.

Probably won’t happen this late in the window, but for the club to be even entertaining getting rid of one of the best young attacking players in Europe down to the manager’s ego not being able to adapt and work with him just blows my mind. Martial would not only be a revelation at L’pool or City, he’d be a WC winner now too.

But he’s never changing at this stage of his career so for your sake I hope he doesn’t do too much damage before he’s eventually binned. His 3rd season narking at anyone and everyone has started early this time out.

The mad thing is that he has been backed heavily in the transfer market. If Conte had the chance to make two £90m signings, he probably would have won the league (again)

The mad thing is that he has been backed heavily in the transfer market. If Conte had the chance to make two £90m signings, he probably would have won the league (again)
Chelsea problem isn’t spending it’s just flat out **** transfer plan!

If you say so.
Morata, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Giroud not really been very good have they. They are nowhere near as good as the likes of Costa, Matic etc. Rudiger has been good. But can’t think many good signings Chelsea have made to improve there 11 which you should of done after winning the league.

Even Zappacosta hasn’t been great.

Last edited:
Martial is everything United should be about, yet we're deluding ourselves now that the reason it isn't working is down to the player. (Even I've fallen into that trap).

The reality is the manager has screwed him over, as well as the club with the shirt number debacle.... then bringing in Sanchez and replacing him when he was on fire in early part of season.

If Martial does go, it's a massive blunder... we only have ourselves to blame. If he stays then he is probably doing so just because he has been forced.

Martial is everything United should be about, yet we're deluding ourselves now that the reason it isn't working is down to the player. (Even I've fallen into that trap).

The reality is the manager has screwed him over, as well as the club with the shirt number debacle.... then bringing in Sanchez and replacing him when he was on fire in early part of season.

If Martial does go, it's a massive blunder... we only have ourselves to blame. If he stays then he is probably doing so just because he has been forced.

Martial also hasn't been good enough at times. He can't pin it all on the manager. Everyone needs to do better, manager included

Morata, Barkley, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Giroud not really been very good have they. They are nowhere near as good as the likes of Costa, Matic etc. Rudiger has been good. But can’t think many good signings Chelsea have made to improve there 11 which you should of done after winning the league.

Even Zappacosta hasn’t been great.

Their window was horrendous. Barkley might actually end up being great for Sarri though. But it was a failure last time round

I feel there may just be a new boss at United before the end of the season, never saw Jose as a United boss, yes he's removed some of the deadwood but there is still more to go. He's also brought in some good players but his mentality is all wrong. Hopefully once he goes they will forget all this defensive **** and go for someone more willing to use the policy of attack being the best form of defence. After all you only win 3 points and games by actually scoring more goals than your opponent.

I feel there may just be a new boss at United before the end of the season, never saw Jose as a United boss, yes he's removed some of the deadwood but there is still more to go. He's also brought in some good players but his mentality is all wrong. Hopefully once he goes they will forget all this defensive **** and go for someone more willing to use the policy of attack being the best form of defence. After all you only win 3 points and games by actually scoring more goals than your opponent.

We scored more than we have done since Ferguson. It's our best return in 4 years. We can definitely do better, and we must do better but people need to get some ****** perspective.

We're getting too focused on signings. Yes two more will help. But none of it will count for **** if we dont improve our consistency from last season. That's the difference, especially in Europe. I have no issues if we come second again, but the European campaign was a shambles and that can't happen again. Unless we're drawn against a super team, we should be going to the quarter finals. Minimum

We scored more than we have done since Ferguson. It's our best return in 4 years. We can definitely do better, and we must do better but people need to get some ****** perspective.
You say that but they could and should have scored so many more! Shutting up shop after scoring onewhich both Van Gaal and Jose have done leaves you open for the opponents to nick a goal or even two goals(which has been the biggest problem since Ferguson left) and take a point or even points. It's rare for the very top teams to do that once ahead they go for the jugular and constantly press for more thus keeping your opponent on the back foot. Procession football may look nice but without the end product ie goals it is pointless.

Back