The Manchester United Thread

Our fullbacks will cost us again this season, Shaw and Darmian are gash. Offer next to nothing going forward.

Shaw is ace going forward. Just breaks down. Darmian is third choice and the club are looking to offload him. He's playing because dalot and Valencia are injured And our full backs didn't cost us last season. Too many players not being consistent enough did

Shaw is ace going forward. Just breaks down. Darmian is third choice and the club are looking to offload him. He's playing because dalot and Valencia are injured And our full backs didn't cost us last season. Too many players not being consistent enough did

Shaw was ace going forward before his leg break, after that has never looked the same player, he needs more confidence to go on those marauding runs like he used to do so well.

Great defensive performance! :)

Mourinho isn't changing is he? :P Another season of joy.

Yeah, great defending. Would love to see something when United goes forward other than giving the ball away.

Stop hating on my boy Darmian, he's a great squad/rotation player. Can play all across a backline and is generally solid.

Bayern score and they deserve it... we're playing this ****** park the bus approach and offer nothing going forward.

Seems only few United players are in the game.

Fred is trying something. What exactly? No one knows.
Pereira doing charity this game.
Shaw making Martinez look like Bolt.
And Rashfords best impression of Berbatov on his worst day.

Oh and Bailly doing circus stuff.

It's ******* friendly. Relax
We were saying same thing last year, and year before... Friendlies are for match fitness, agreed. But in friendlies you can see improvement as well. Rare are the cases where club sucks in friendlies and does amazing when season kicks of. Can you see any improvement over last year?

No one was bouncing around when we beat Madrid. Why get annoyed about this?

I remember when we absolutely smashed pre season under van gaal. That ended well...

Because there's no intention of moving forward with the ball. Its not like Bayern are playing amazing football.
Also there was some great counter-attacking movement against RM. None of it today. But again, United were on the back foot against Real as well.

And stop using your moderation powers so you can post more than once per 3 minutes, its hurting me :@

Last edited:

I remember when we absolutely smashed pre season under van gaal. That ended well...

totally agree mike.Nobody can tell me that mentally the players are as fired up for a friendly as a competitive game.Noone wants to risk getting a bad injury and they know its all about the minutes

Am I hallucinating or Jose really just substituted 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder in a game he is losing 1-0?

Vanjagl pretty much said what I wanted to say, I really want to stay relaxed but it's so hard seeing this. Mourinho has no ambition in games like this, yes it's only a friendly but this will be our approach against all big sides away.

Well this game is not serious at all. McTomminay as a right winger. Mou is such a joker.

Well this game is not serious at all. McTomminay as a right winger. Mou is such a joker.

Funny how he makes them changes after going a goal down, great way to say how it was never a serious pre-season game. How McTominay is a United player I never know, don't crucify me for that opinion.

Funny how he makes them changes after going a goal down, great way to say how it was never a serious pre-season game. How McTominay is a United player I never know, don't crucify me for that opinion.
Or the fact is it’s just a pre season.....

Back