The Manchester United Thread

We scored more than we have done since Ferguson. It's our best return in 4 years. We can definitely do better, and we must do better but people need to get some ****** perspective.
Cant believe how people still think we had a poor campaign last season in the league. Like you said better than anything since Fergies later years. People are letting the poor football cloud the fact we had a very good league last season. Just need to do better against the silly teams!

Agree with Woolly tbh, we'll never get far under Jose in major competitions like CL if he thinks we can win games against big sides by nicking a goal with 10 men behind the ball. It may of worked in the past for him, but it's a different era now.

That Sevilla tie in CL last season was embarrassing, in the first leg we treated them with this mentality and we didn't put the value on getting an away goal. It cost us in the return tie and ultimately we deserved lose because our approach was not of a team that wanted to win.

Sevilla shown more ambition against us at OT than we ever did at their place, despite us having on paper a way better team. I know football isn't won on paper but that Sevilla team was nowt special.

We have a team full of quality in midfield and attacking areas, yet when we have big pressure away games... Jose bottles it.

You say that but they could and should have scored so many more! Shutting up shop after scoring onewhich both Van Gaal and Jose have done leaves you open for the opponents to nick a goal or even two goals(which has been the biggest problem since Ferguson left) and take a point or even points. It's rare for the very top teams to do that once ahead they go for the jugular and constantly press for more thus keeping your opponent on the back foot. Procession football may look nice but without the end product ie goals it is pointless.
Isnt that how Pool, Spurs, Arsenal play but all finished behind us? We didn’t drop points sitting back against relegation fodder. We were not clinical enough up top.

Not that it means much but Sky are reporting Boateng to United even more now, serious interest apparently. Why it takes us until a friendly at their place to spark this negotiation is beyond me. It's a panic buy no doubt about it, if it happens.

Isnt that how Pool, Spurs, Arsenal play but all finished behind us? We didn’t drop points sitting back against relegation fodder. We were not clinical enough up top.
There is sitting back like what Van Gaal did with his possession football and there is possession football with an end product, yes Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool play like that but so do City and they not only won the league but also scored the most goals and let in the least. Last season Liverpool were great going forward but were let down by their goalkeeping situation, Spurs did their usual blow up at the end of the season whilst Arsenal were hindered by a manager who had stayed in post too long.

Not that it means much but Sky are reporting Boateng to United even more now, serious interest apparently. Why it takes us until a friendly at their place to spark this negotiation is beyond me. It's a panic buy no doubt about it, if it happens.
Then again it could just be a smokescreen like the Morata stories last season ;)

Then again it could just be a smokescreen like the Morata stories last season ;)

Possibly, but at this point why do we need a smokescreen? Everyone knows Aldeweireld is on the list and wants to come, even if Levy doesn't let it happen. I feel this could be real, sadly.

Sky report a lot of things. Doesn't mean ****. It's also obvious that United making sure they have contingency should Toby A not move

Should they buy no defenders at all then if they can't get Toby A?

Sky report a lot of things. Doesn't mean ****. It's also obvious that United making sure they have contingency should Toby A not move

Should they buy no defenders at all then if they can't get Toby A?

Boateng makes 0 sense though Mike, he has been offered around Europe for months now and there is a reason Bayern want rid. He's practically 30 now, injury plagued and a shadow of the player he once was.

If we're going to be silly and waste money like that then quite frankly we may swell just stick with what we've got.

Possibly, but at this point why do we need a smokescreen? Everyone knows Aldeweireld is on the list and wants to come, even if Levy doesn't let it happen. I feel this could be real, sadly.
It maybe a smakescreen to make Levy actual think that Toby isn't the be all and end all signing for United. Which may in turn lead to a lower price. Spurs need to sell so a scare may just get things moving and at a much better price for the buyer than what Levy wants.

It maybe a smakescreen to make Levy actual think that Toby isn't the be all and end all signing for United. Which may in turn lead to a lower price. Spurs need to sell so a scare may just get things moving and at a much better price for the buyer than what Levy wants.

Or we end up panic buying Boateng for around the same price.. or get no one.. :'(

Why has no one signed Pavard? He'd make far more sense, can play CB and FB which would be good going into this season. Go ***** out a load on him or someone like that who would be worth it.

Why has no one signed Pavard? He'd make far more sense, can play CB and FB which would be good going into this season. Go ***** out a load on him or someone like that who would be worth it.

Spoken for by Bayern apparently.

He and the club refused to entertain any offers this summer for him. They don’t need to sell and he wants another year there developing playing week in week out.

From the BBC-

It is looking increasingly likely Anthony Martial will remain @ManUtd beyond Thursday. Club not actively looking to sell at this stage. To late in the window, and no reasonable offers.

Also so say that Toby is defo first choice. With Maguire and Boateng as fall back options.

Boateng makes 0 sense though Mike, he has been offered around Europe for months now and there is a reason Bayern want rid. He's practically 30 now, injury plagued and a shadow of the player he once was.

If we're going to be silly and waste money like that then quite frankly we may swell just stick with what we've got.

He's considerably better than what we've got. Has had a couple of tough years, but is by no means done. And could he signed for 40. Not first choice but not the worst risk. Would be 3rd on my list.

He's considerably better than what we've got. Has had a couple of tough years, but is by no means done. And could he signed for 40. Not first choice but not the worst risk. Would be 3rd on my list.

Thing is we need consistency, bringing him in off his last two years of injuries along with our CB's who have bad injury records themselves isn't assuring that it is fixing anything.

Yeah sounds like what he is from what Stoney is reporting. Good signing but like you wouldn’t be my first choice. Happy we have a back up option if Levy doesn’t give in in the end.

Thing is we need consistency, bringing him in off his last two years of injuries along with our CB's who have bad injury records themselves isn't assuring that it is fixing anything.

His injury record actually wasn't that bad last season. Just had a look, played more often than I thought. I still want Toby A first choice, but would take him at 40m. Either way. As long as we're not turning to ****** Rojo I'm happy. Great lad but a total bombscare

Back