The Manchester United Thread

He's decent at what he does. Being an average backup who can bully other players. Its a good to have player like him who wont make a fuss about not playing.

TFM has been awful since coming on worse than Darmian. Lunges in far to much needs to learn to stay on his feet. Great for Garner and Chong to get to play against Bayern!

Did not want to mention it till now, but whoever is throwing those paper planes on the pitch deserves a gas chamber.

Thats the best part about communism. You're being idiot? Now you're going to be rock-smashing-half-naked idiot on some deserted island 20 miles away from civilization for the rest of your life.

Has anyone actually gained any confidence at all for United after that game? Genuine question.

We've got some good players to come back, but we need signings, ideally two. Also get rid of a few, too much deadwood.

It's only pre season blah blah, we're playing like that at Anfield and other bug away games... we all know it lads!

Both teams were **** to be fair, it's no wonder Lewandowski wants out. Bayern lack ambition to keep investing into the team and keep it competetive in Europe. Watchint 150-year old Robben not being able to outrun people was painful.

Has anyone actually gained any confidence at all for United after that game? Genuine question.

We've got some good players to come back, but we need signings, ideally two. Also get rid of a few, too much deadwood.

It's only pre season blah blah, we're playing like that at Anfield and other bug away games... we all know it lads!

**** it. Let's pack in the season right now. It's already decided.

I mean a) only city had a better big game record than us b) it was the promoted teams that killed us. Dropped 12 points against them.

I feel nothing after that game it’s a friendly! The only thing I think is the lads got more valuable mins and more sharpness ready for Friday. Still confident we will have a good campaign.

I genuinely couldn’t give a **** about pre season. It's all about that first serious 90 minutes. And even that doesn't tell you everything over a season.

I feel nothing after that game it’s a friendly! The only thing I think is the lads got more valuable mins and more sharpness ready for Friday. Still confident we will have a good campaign.

I have absolutely no idea how our campaign goes. Whether it's a success or a Mourinho meltdown. I do know a pre season result is an absolutely ludicrous thing to base your season on.

I have absolutely no idea how our campaign goes. Whether it's a success or a Mourinho meltdown. I do know a pre season result is an absolutely ludicrous thing to base your season on.
I fell into that trap lol after LVG first one when beat everyone playing champagne football. Oh what was to follow!

did anyone catch what mourinho said after the game?'it will be a difficult season ahead if we dont strengthen'

did anyone catch what mourinho said after the game?'it will be a difficult season ahead if we dont strengthen'

He wants his two players. He's not happy the board **** about over 3 or 4 million difference. Partly agree. Should back him over any position. But if he's getting a centre back he needs to sell one.

It's annoying because he's having his war of words with Woodward in public. But I can't help but feel he's partly right to be ******.

Last edited:
We don't have a settled back four... a CB partnership that we can be confident with going into the season. Lindelof has had like one pre-season game and looks rusty. Bailly lucky not to get injured again, can't help but feel he doesn't help himself sometimes in that regard. Won't bother going into the fullbacks again, it's a mess, Darmian at fault on the corner.... Shaw having a full pre-season and still not good enough to be a first choice LB in a title winning campaign. Still Smalling and Jones as backup as well, they should of been gone.... at least one.

Honestly that's just the defence, without going into other issues, a lot of talent in the squad but right now a manager who only knows how to stifle it I feel. I just think of what another manager could do with all this attacking talent and weep honestly, this isn't a Mourinho bashing but no more excuses not to get the best out of attacking and midfield players this season like Pogba.

Even the manager is warning us of a difficult season.. come on guys.. lets be honest.... it's top 4 at best as it stands.

Last edited:
We don't have a settled back four... a CB partnership that we can be confident with going into the season. Lindelof has had like one pre-season game and looks rusty. Bailly lucky not to get injured again, can't help but feel he doesn't help himself sometimes in that regard. Won't bother going into the fullbacks again, it's a mess, Darmian at fault on the corner.... Shaw having a full pre-season and still not good enough to be a first choice LB in a title winning campaign. Still Smalling and Jones as backup as well, they should of been gone.... at least one.

Honestly that's just the defence, without going into other issues, a lot of talent in the squad but right now a manager who only knows how to stifle it I feel. I just think of what another manager could do with all this attacking talent and weep honestly, this isn't a Mourinho bashing but no more excuses not to get the best out of attacking and midfield players this season like Pogba.

Even the manager is warning us of a difficult season.. come on guys.. lets be honest.... it's top 4 at best as it stands.

You're right. Let's not watch the rest of the season. Let's completely give up. I'll go put a bet on 5th

You're right. Let's not watch the rest of the season. Let's completely give up. I'll go put a bet on 5th

How can we be optimistic when there is issues that are not addressed and a manager who comes out after final pre season game saying it will be a difficult season for the exact treason I'm talking about.... lack of signings. That's not just in either, our squad is bloated of deadwood.

its been a long time but we have a zz whine fest all is right in the cosmos

How can we be optimistic when there is issues that are not addressed and a manager who comes out after final pre season game saying it will be a difficult season for the exact treason I'm talking about.... lack of signings. That's not just in either, our squad is bloated of deadwood.

Because anyone with half a brain knows a) he's got more than enough there to be a threat, since we didn't play anywhere near our best and still came second and in a final b) he's saying to put pressure on a board who a really resisting but gonna buckle anyway and therefore should have just done it in the first place weeks ago. You're grown man. Pull yourself together

Back