The Manchester United Thread

Woodward should have never been in charge of the whole operation. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to get his head checked. Forget even about transfers, replacing LVG with Mourinho of all people was just absolute nonsense.

Jose might end up being a success eventually, but spending a few years building towards high-line, high-press possession football and switching to a bloke who prefers to park the bus and counter is just counterproductive beyond belief.

Genuine question, who will be here longer... Pogba or Mourinho? They are both clearly a bit unhappy about some things. If we were to have a good season I could see Mourinho staying for another year and Pogba going. but if we were to have a bad season and Mourinho goes I think Pogba could be talked around with a new manager at the helm.

I can only think Pogba is unhappy with Mourinho and the treatment of Martial maybe. Which would be understandable because that was a mess. But when you consider the shirt number change and how Sanchez has come in replacing him when he was on fire form wise etc etc. He is probably ****** a bit with the club about how martial has been treated last season or two.

In Pogba's own words after that game, "If I could say what I wanted to, I'd be fined" - He clearly has some beef with manager and/or club.

Last edited:
That Director of football news is great, but it could of come much sooner in reality. Definitely needs to be sorted before this summer and with time for them to work for a few months.

Genuine question, who will be here longer... Pogba or Mourinho? They are both clearly a bit unhappy about some things. If we were to have a good season I could see Mourinho staying for another year and Pogba going. but if we were to have a bad season and Mourinho goes I think Pogba could be talked around with a new manager at the helm.

I can only think Pogba is unhappy with Mourinho and the treatment of Martial maybe. Which would be understandable because that was a mess. But when you consider the shirt number change and how Sanchez has come in replacing him when he was on fire form wise etc etc. He is probably ****** a bit with the club about how martial has been treated last season or two.

In Pogba's own words after that game, "If I could say what I wanted to, I'd be fined" - He clearly has some beef with manager and/or club.

Pogba. For the reasons I've posted before.

Pogba. For the reasons I've posted before.

It will take a miracle for the board to ever consider letting him go, he brings way too much for United on and off the field. Plus in this market where players like Coutinho are worth £140m then Pogba is closer to £200m minimum. A lot of people complained how much we paid for him to bring him back, but it was one of the bargains in the modern market looking back at it.

Mitten seems to think that was aimed at the press not Mourinho.

Why not ignore the soap opera bullshit and just watch football?

Why not ignore the soap opera bullshit and just watch football?

too true,the media are always gonna try and stir **** up especially now the window has shut.when they get bored they make trouble it has always been the same

There's def something going on. Biggest giveaway is United searching for DoF. Looks like Mou is gone either way.

There's def something going on. Biggest giveaway is United searching for DoF. Looks like Mou is gone either way.

Yeh if it was down to Mourinho we would of signed Willian, Aldeweireld etc this summer and the board didn't know whether to stick or twist. In the end I'm kind of glad they didn't even though it could be to the detriment of this season. The board knows this is likely Mourinho's last season and do we really need an influx of 30 year olds at this stage, just so Mourinho gets his one season of fame. It will badly impact the next manager who has to come in after who would need to do a revamp again like under Moyes and LVG. Already a lot of deadwood in this squad that needed clearing out this summer though.

Im all in for getting rid of Mourinho, but it needs to be quiet. And we all know he likes to go with a bang. Lets hope Mou is on daily chit chat with Zidane or whoever. Imagine having Zidane as DoF and some good, positive manager.

Hmm, he's moaning all the time, board decided not to bring players he wanted, United searching for DoF and Pogbas comments. I think you're the one getting 10 as a result there.
Probably not today, maybe not even at the end of December. But at the beginning of the next season United should have a new manager.

Problem for United is as much as some of us don't like Mourinho, the next manager has to be someone better or at least in a sense that the style of play will be improved. Right now I don't actually see anyone out there who is going to fulfil that.

Zidane, but not sure what his management ambitions anymore and he would be a risk considering he has only done it at Madrid.

Simeone, not even sure he would leave Atletico and lets be honest the style of play wouldn't be any better from a fans perspective.

Pochettino, would he even leave Spurs but I think his style would suit United down to a tee. Works with younger players and has a good style of play.

----

They are the only 3 I can think of realistically, it could be argued that only Poch would offer a more attractive style to fans out of them.

I really want to feel excited and entertained watching United again, I kind of envy City and Liverpool at the moment because of that. I know ultimately it's a winning game but I'd like that also. Someone who has a good footballing vision for this club and will stamp that mentality onto the team. Whilst working well with younger players and trying to integrate them where possible. Got to say Mourinho has done better in that regard recently.

IMO, if Mou leaves for some reason I hope Pep comes, the only one who I think is a better manager. And that's not gonna happen.

Back