The Manchester United Thread

The only thing Lindelöf need to take 1 more step is add strength and become better in physical duels, he got bullied at times by Kelechi and R.Pereira.. apart from that he was really good imo!

Bailly is basically Paolo Maldini except after lobotomy. Dude's an insane athlete, amazing feet for a defender, but just loses his head too often.

Bailly is basically Paolo Maldini except after lobotomy. Dude's an insane athlete, amazing feet for a defender, but just loses his head too often.

Ha, true, he's an absolute beast of a player, still only like 24 as well. It's ridiculous how good he could be. Really hope he doesn't get injured too much this season and kicks on, one of my favourite United players atm.

Martial!!! Up until Sanchez came and Mourinho ruined team balance using him on left, Martial was phenomenal there early part of last season.
Generally yes. But I was asking today. If Sanchez continues to play on the left, then Mou ****** up.

Got nothing against lindelof. Really good for Sweden. Just thought tonight if it wasn't for Bailly covering (3 times I counted) Leicester would have scored. He got bullied all game by Iheanacho and turned outside the box far too easily. Possibly didn't help being in the left side either.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mourinho: “Very pleased for Luke Shaw, he made one mistake in 90 minutes, he was very good defensively. He had a good pre-season.” #mufc [Sky]

Jose on Pogba: "Very good penalty taker. He is the first choice. He was ready. He trained lots of penalties in WC. The run up doesn't matter. You could feel the quality and intensity of the shot. Impossible for Schmeichel. He neeeded wings. Fantastic penalty."

Jose Mourinho: "Pogba was a monster. We thought maximum sixty minutes, he managed eighty."

José Mourinho:

“I want to say one thing on Andreas Pereira. He was the right-winger at Valencia and comes to Manchester United and plays a phenomenal match."

[video=youtube;3qqoTzL2G0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqoTzL2G0w[/video]

Got nothing against lindelof. Really good for Sweden. Just thought tonight if it wasn't for Bailly covering (3 times I counted) Leicester would have scored. He got bullied all game by Iheanacho and turned outside the box far too easily. Possibly didn't help being in the left side either.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

And I saw him cover twice for Bailly, cleared the ball multiple times, and even literally won a wrestling duel against Iheanacho and did enough to allow Bailly to run back and make the clearance. Lindelof was good today. And man, DDG again back to his United best. Class saves there.

And man, DDG again back to his United best. Class saves there.
Absolutely, could have been a whole different story without those saves - phenomenal!

POgba looked a WC Winner for the early part, but then looked sluggish, only to be expected with him coming back on Monday, certainly not gonna complain, he put in more of a shift than I could ask for.

Sanchez still looking right off - couldn't buy a pass. Maybe it's down to him playing on his 'wrong' side but should expect more from him.
Rashford seemed off the pace completely.
Defense looked good, one sloppy mistake for their goal, but it was a difficult cross to judge and caught even DDG by surprise.
Happy with Fred's first game, AP looked solid.

Special mention for Luke Shaw, I have always liked him as a player. I really hope he can make the step up this season. Was a good interview post-match with P.Nev on BeIn SPorts and he seems like he is in a really good state of mind.

All in all, no real complaints about the team performance, just the way we seem to stop trying at 1-0.

De Gea seemed like still in Spain shirt, actually. He was ball watching and froze during Vardy's goal, and his ****** passing at the end could've cost you the game. The saves he made any decent goalkeeper makes.

De Gea seemed like still in Spain shirt, actually. He was ball watching and froze during Vardy's goal, and his ****** passing at the end could've cost you the game. The saves he made any decent goalkeeper makes.

A couple of ****** passes, and he froze a couple of times. That, I still attribute to new season rustiness. But the saves were brilliant, and from point blank range. In the first half especially, that was excellent. And he made another good one of Vardy, a bit before Vardy's eventual goal.

Anyhow, Rashford should not be starting games. The way he is developing, he looks more like a poacher, can't create or link-up for ****. Either that, or his positioning was terrible yesterday. We looked significantly better when Lukaku came on.

Also, felt Sanchez was ok yesterday. Kept trying to create, but definitely need more attacking intent from him. I really, really hope Mourinho gets above his ego, and plays both Martial and Sanchez. Together, with Lukaku and Pogba, that is an extremely dangerous team, right there.

Last edited:
Fred's Premier League debut by numbers:

100% tackles won
92% pass accuracy
48 passes completed
3 interceptions
3 blocks
4 aerial duels won
1 chance created

Not getting carried away, but when you think the open top bus will be? Booking holidays 9 months in advance will be sound.

Back