The Manchester United Thread

Hmm, he's moaning all the time, board decided not to bring players he wanted, United searching for DoF and Pogbas comments. I think you're the one getting 10 as a result there.
Probably not today, maybe not even at the end of December. But at the beginning of the next season United should have a new manager.
Wow Mourinho moaning all the time. That new lol! And there’s been talk of Utd getting a DOF for the last couple of years it ain’t new news!

Should have had a DOF for years. We're the best in the world at the other side of things; marketing, brand, etc. but we need to add extra attention to the footballing side of things. A DOF is a great step.

Should have had a DOF for years. We're the best in the world at the other side of things; marketing, brand, etc. but we need to add extra attention to the footballing side of things. A DOF is a great step.

Yeh hope it happens because like TOD says it has been reported for a few seasons now.

Yeah. We need a consistent approach to how we see transfers and players, rather than the philosophy changing with each manager. Unless we get a manager we click for the long term (which, in today's day and age, seems unlikely)

Yeh hope it happens because like TOD says it has been reported for a few seasons now.
Just going off that article it’s gonna be a while!

United are starting discussing the expansion of their training complex in Carrington because the recently formed women’s team requires facilities and extra personnel. Once these changes are executed it is expected the director of football will be appointed.

Mourinho is a necessary evil to rebuild the team. Due to the unbelievable lack of criteria from the board when hiring managers and in the transfer market, he needed to start from the ground up. And we won an Europe League trophy and made (a very distant) second in the league last year. And most of our best signs in the last decade happened under Mourinho and somewhat because of his reputation: Ibra, Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Fred. I do believe tho he shoud be getting better performances out of this squad and i strongly disagree with the public criticism of some players.

But if the board decided to stick with him, they should be backing his requests. If you don't trust your manager to assess the situation of the squad and are unwilling to sign the players he wanted, then you should sack him. And you better have a **** good reason to disagree with Mourinho when it comes to football. If Mourinho wanted 5 players and got only 1, he and the board are not only not in the same page, they are not even in the same book.

I personaly feel the squad needs some players for 5 years at least: a world-class CB (remember Ramos and Hummels gossip under LVG?), a LB and a RW. This argument of bulding for the future is bs, frankly. We've been building for the future for half a decade now. We need players that can improve the squad in the present. Juve got Cristiano Ronaldo, Bonucci, Milan got Higuain, Barça got Vidal (and they signed Paulinho last season). All well past 30. They don't f around. As players for the future, we already have Bailly, Lindelof, Dalot, Shaw (still), Pereira, McTominay, Rashford, Martial...

Mourinho is a necessary evil to rebuild the team. Due to the unbelievable lack of criteria from the board when hiring managers and in the transfer market, he needed to start from the ground up. And we won an Europe League trophy and made (a very distant) second in the league last year. And most of our best signs in the last decade happened under Mourinho and somewhat because of his reputation: Ibra, Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez, Fred. I do believe tho he shoud be getting better performances out of this squad and i strongly disagree with the public criticism of some players.But if the board decided to stick with him, they should be backing his requests. If you don't trust your manager to assess the situation of the squad and are unwilling to sign the players he wanted, then you should sack him. And you better have a **** good reason to disagree with Mourinho when it comes to football. If Mourinho wanted 5 players and got only 1, he and the board are not only not in the same page, they are not even in the same book.I personaly feel the squad needs some players for 5 years at least: a world-class CB (remember Ramos and Hummels gossip under LVG?), a LB and a RW. This argument of bulding for the future is bs, frankly. We've been building for the future for half a decade now. We need players that can improve the squad in the present. Juve got Cristiano Ronaldo, Bonucci, Milan got Higuain, Barça got Vidal (and they signed Paulinho last season). All well past 30. They don't f around. As players for the future, we already have Bailly, Lindelof, Dalot, Shaw (still), Pereira, McTominay, Rashford, Martial...
Think there was something else about Toby that we didn't know. The release did state exchanging a 5th choice for another one. Dunno what happened after his injury, and if it is for the same reason that he isn't first choice for Spurs too, I reckon. I was really surprised when we didn't try for Alex Sandro, which was a shame. (or we did, and were rebuffed, not sure). But Shaw was good in his first game, hopefully, he can remain fit through the season and continue trying to fulfill that potential he has. As for RW, we do ****** have one, Mou just needs to start playing him there (Sanchez).Also, it's not about building for the future. Apparently, Woody was going after Varane. Now, he is someone who will improve our first team and is set for the future. Don't disagree with his target, tbh.

Simon Stoney, Jamie Jackson, Ducker, Hirst, Mitten all reported last night that DDG is about to sign his new contract.

They have been saying this for a year. The only annoucement that matters is the official one when he signs
Yeah true. But not seen everyone reporting it at the same time just before the next day headlines come out around half 10. Someone’s leaked/Breifed something.

Would be a big statement if we can renew the contract of the best GK in the world!

It would have been a huge statement if Madrid made an offer and he chose to renew. Not renewing when he has nowhere else to go.

Watched this on YouTube great see the next line coming the through

HKFA Academy U17 1 - 6 Manchester United Academy U16
(Mipo Odubeko X2, Shola Shoretire, Ayodeji Sotona X2 & Owen Dodgson)
#MUFC

It would have been a huge statement if Madrid made an offer and he chose to renew. Not renewing when he has nowhere else to go.

He's been renewing for a year. And turned down the chance to move two years ago. Madrid have known for ages he wasn't going their way. Hence nothing this window or leading into it.

Btw, why doesn't DDG perform well for Spain?

if you are referring to his world cup performance then you have to bear in mind the harmony in the spain squad was messed up just a few days before it began.players were bound to be affected,just look at the way he performs on a weekly basis

Back