The Manchester United Thread

Problem is that we have no clear direction or plan as a club in a footballing sense.... with commercial matters it is totally different story. Which just sums it all up for me as to where our priorities are. What did Woodward say middle of last season? It doesn't matter if we don't make top 4 because we'll still make money.

Zidane to me just seems like the star name that we are going for again without any real thought into necessarily the direction we are going. This is not saying Zidane is necessarily right or wrong appointment but I'm not convinced he can transform us without change above the hierarchy as well.

To be honest this applies to any new manager coming in, we need more than just a manager change now. Sort the director of football out at least, stop postponing it due to some bullshit reason.

Last edited:
If Woody can get his head out his ****. And stop thinking he’s the Don, who thinks he knows anything about the football side of things. And give up some power and do the right thing for the club. And get a director that would be a huge start. Has to much control over **** he knows **** all about tbh!

Problem is that we have no clear direction or plan as a club in a footballing sense.... with commercial matters it is totally different story. Which just sums it all up for me as to where our priorities are. What did Woodward say middle of last season? It doesn't matter if we don't make top 4 because we'll still make money.

Zidane to me just seems like the star name that we are going for again without any real thought into necessarily the direction we are going. This is not saying Zidane is necessarily right or wrong appointment but I'm not convinced he can transform us without change above the hierarchy as well.

To be honest this applies to any new manager coming in, we need more than just a manager change now. Sort the director of football out at least, stop postponing it due to some bullshit reason.

Hence my point about Marotta. Zidane simply looks after the team. Unless he's got a job we'd be fools not to chase him.

Valencia presser:

Jose Mourinho asked if he has spoken to #MUFC executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward since Saturday. "That's a private matter," he said. "I'm not asking who you speak to. That's a private matter"

Jose: "I told already that after 20 years of football, I am still the kid I was and am still naïve. I don’t believe the players are not honest.""I think that some care more than others" - Mourinho on the #MUFC squad

A big week
“Champions League week is always a good week, even if expect a difficult, match,a difficult opponent. It is a big week, everyone wants to play.”

Young, Valencia, Rojo, Herrera, Lingard all our injured.

Mourinho tries to laugh off reports Zidane called him over the weekend. Crucially - he didn’t deny them #mufc

Jose asked if his job is on line if results don't improve: "No. I don’t think."

Matic on Saturday: "One of my worst games since I signed for Man Utd."

Matic: "We are not scared to play."

Matic: "When you play for Man Utd everyone expects you win the games, when you don’t win two games in a row, there is more attention on you. We know that."

When asked if he got a call from Zidane he pointed to Custis and said "Ask him, he put a bug on my phone!"

If Woody can get his head out his ****. And stop thinking he’s the Don, who thinks he knows anything about the football side of things. And give up some power and do the right thing for the club. And get a director that would be a huge start. Has to much control over **** he knows **** all about tbh!

Wow, you know **** is going down when TOD is posting negative. But I do agree with you mate, it's a right mess at the moment top to bottom.

Mourinho's reply to why he played 3-5-2 after that game "I wanted to play Martial, but Martial isn't very defensive minded". Why on earth are we dictating a formation and style to one player?

Then the McTominay thing at the back was the most baffling, almost like he's trying to prove a point to the board at this point. That's literally the only logical explanation I can think of to why he selected McTominay as a CB when you have the likes of Bailly on the bench.

Wow, you know **** is going down when TOD is posting negative. But I do agree with you mate, it's a right mess at the moment top to bottom.

Mourinho's reply to why he played 3-5-2 after that game "I wanted to play Martial, but Martial isn't very defensive minded". Why on earth are we dictating a formation and style to one player?

Then the McTominay thing at the back was the most baffling, almost like he's trying to prove a point to the board at this point. That's literally the only logical explanation I can think of to why he selected McTominay as a CB when you have the likes of Bailly on the bench.
Just had enough mate. I don’t usually rant or go overly negative. But the clubs becoming a farce.

I will I’ll hold my hands up and say that in the past when people like Scouse have mocked us and how we have been run etc and how we would end up. I would think he was just on a WUM mission but over time it’s apearing more and more true. Not saying it’s gone well and truly to **** and Unsalvageable but it’s getting to tipping point. Depending on the next few decisions made on the football side of things.

His is explanations for both Matial and McTominey were a joke! Said at the time. Saying he dropped Sanchez and played Martial because that’s what the press, had been asking for. Who the **** cares just pick the best players in there positions. Your the manager not the ******* journalists.

Can seriously sly see it being the end if we have bad results against Chelsea and Valencia. It has to be surely!? Bouhafsi on RMC French radio has been saying this afternoon that Zidane has defo held talks and that he would be interested in having Evra on his staff.

****** depressing really is. And to top it off getting it nearly 8hrs a day at work ain’t helping from City, Pool, Leeds fans :)

Evra as backroom staff would be so entertaining. Seeing his celebrations on the touchline or if we're going off recent history, utter despair when we lose.

To be fair to McTominay I thought he had a good game. Good on the ball and played some nice forward passes. Considering he got thrown into a new position and system I thought he handled it pretty well.

To be fair to McTominay I thought he had a good game. Good on the ball and played some nice forward passes. Considering he got thrown into a new position and system I thought he handled it pretty well.
I actually thought the same and got lured in by Mourinho bullshit. But when I checked he had the worst pass % out of any of the back 3 CBs. And one of the lowest in the team full stop. Not his fault like.

I actually thought the same and got lured in by Mourinho bullshit. But when I checked he had the worst pass % out of any of the back 3 CBs. And one of the lowest in the team full stop. Not his fault like.

Stats are subjective though. Certainly didnt look that way watching the game. Maybe he had the lowest % because he was the only one actually trying to play the ball forward and put the strikers through. I had no complaints with his performance anyway.

i think most of us can agree that we have no confidence in a)the board sorting the current mess out and b)installing the right manager to replace jose.This great club is becoming a shadow of what it was and needs sorting out

Just had enough mate. I don’t usually rant or go overly negative. But the clubs becoming a farce.

I will I’ll hold my hands up and say that in the past when people like Scouse have mocked us and how we have been run etc and how we would end up. I would think he was just on a WUM mission but over time it’s apearing more and more true. Not saying it’s gone well and truly to **** and Unsalvageable but it’s getting to tipping point. Depending on the next few decisions made on the football side of things.

His is explanations for both Matial and McTominey were a joke! Said at the time. Saying he dropped Sanchez and played Martial because that’s what the press, had been asking for. Who the **** cares just pick the best players in there positions. Your the manager not the ******* journalists.

Can seriously sly see it being the end if we have bad results against Chelsea and Valencia. It has to be surely!? Bouhafsi on RMC French radio has been saying this afternoon that Zidane has defo held talks and that he would be interested in having Evra on his staff.

****** depressing really is. And to top it off getting it nearly 8hrs a day at work ain’t helping from City, Pool, Leeds fans :)

Nah he's usually on a wum mission. We've long known about the board issues. It's just that they are coming to a head. We'll find out what they do with the technical director soon enough. And Jose can't last long at this rate

Nah he's usually on a wum mission.....

He rarely is yanno. Just telling it like he see’s it.

Just seemingly some of you can’t deal with it from a Liverpudlian which makes talking Utd nigh on impossible at times.

He rarely is yanno. Just telling it like he see’s it.

Just seemingly some of you can’t deal with it from a Liverpudlian which makes talking Utd nigh on impossible at times.
most of if not all of the time there is a point to your post not like some i could name alc just some dont want to hear it from some 1 whos team is on the up but thats life

most of if not all of the time there is a point to your post not like some i could name alc just some dont want to hear it from some 1 whos team is on the up but thats life

Remember Tezz? Now HE knew how to push buttons and went all out for it until he took it too far.

Which is a shame because hes actually a belter lad. Works on a matchday the club doing all sorts the lounges and boxes and ****. He was just young and daft and let it spill over into aggressive posting sadly.

for what its worth the mail are reporting that jose has now fallen out with tony valencia.so its now shaw,valencia,sanchez,pogba,bailly....that have fallen out with him.Seriously,i dont think ive ever heard of any manager falling out with valencia,if its true then time to end this nonsenese and very very quickly

for what its worth the mail are reporting that jose has now fallen out with tony valencia.so its now shaw,valencia,sanchez,pogba,bailly....that have fallen out with him.Seriously,i dont think ive ever heard of any manager falling out with valencia,if its true then time to end this nonsenese and very very quickly

To be fair, it said Valencia was barely talking to him, so I don't think that's out of the ordinary. Lad barely talks anyway XD

Pereira at this rate is practically going to have a season down the toilet after seemingly doing so well in pre season and opening game. But then this is so Mourinho, when the team plays bad at Brighton he practically singled him out and not to be seen again. I hate to make the comparison but a manager like Pochettino would never give up in a player like that after one or two bad games where the team was just bad in general. He has a vision he believes in and sticks to it..... just look at All, much more established player obviously but that's only down to Pochettino. However my point is that All has not been performing well for quite a while now at his best and you don't see him just disappear.

The NY Times excellent footy correspondent Rory Smith wrote a great piece last week on Utd but it pertains to any football club in general who get in that ‘cycle’ where everything goes wrong and they just can’t break it. Wheee normal things at any other club like players on social media suddenly become major issues when you’re mired in that cycle:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/...urinho.amp.html#click=https://t.co/5gCSzQJjys

Back