The Manchester United Thread

I've got a question lads...when was the last time we actually won a game?

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Why did he buy Lindelof and Bailly then if he is now moaning about this? Someone should ask him, not that they will probably.

Also keeping Jones and Smalling when they clearly are not good for...... anything.
Lindelof was supposed to be that ball playing center half. Fair to say he's been a failed experiment

Lindelof was supposed to be that ball playing center half. Fair to say he's been a failed experiment

He's not even played him enough. As I said. The group stages were the barometer. Bin Jose off

He's not even played him enough. As I said. The group stages were the barometer. Bin Jose off
The first 2 were must wins. Now we cocked it up at home to Valencia. We will defo lose the next 2. And Valencia at there place will be really tough! Seasons over already bar FA Cup :(

Took us so many years to get rid of a past it great player in Rooney...... now we have another in Sanchez....... I genuinely wonder how the next manager can fix this unless they have a magic wand.

How many of these current players truthfully are worth keeping going forward? Not many of them. De Gea, Shaw, Dalot, Bailly, Fred, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pereira and Lukaku. These are the only players I'd actually bother keeping and the rest can just go honestly. At least this lot will actually give everything for the shirt and well Martial is an exception, he looked great before Sanchez came and ruined it.

But we can't get rid of all the mediocre in our squad because they are on stupid wages and are happy to sit here doing very little.

Last edited:
How many of these current players truthfully are worth keeping going forward? Not many of them. De Gea, Shaw, Dalot, Bailly, Fred, Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pereira and Lukaku. These are the only players I'd actually bother keeping and the rest can just go honestly. At least this lot will actually give everything for the shirt and well Martial is an exception, he looked great before Sanchez came and ruined it.

I think when Jose is going, Pogba must be following. He can be great player at times + marketing, but he is not worth the hassle.

If united would like to fix their CB problems for long time, they should go all out for De Ligt, crazy that he is only 19.
https://streamable.com/pwy3r

Last edited:
I think when Jose is going, Pogba must be following. He can be great player at times + marketing, but he is not worth the hassle.

If united would like to fix their CB problems for long time, they should go all out for De Ligt, crazy that he is only 19.
https://streamable.com/pwy3r

Yeh agree with you, that's why I didn't include Pogba in my list of players to keep. Him and his agent are just toxic.

Took us so many years to get rid of a past it great player in Rooney...... now we have another in Sanchez....... I genuinely wonder how the next manager can fix this unless they have a magic wand.

But we can't get rid of all the mediocre in our squad because they are on stupid wages and are happy to sit here doing very little.
Its hard to say until we’ve seen them under a manager who can use them right. Lindelof, Herrera, Mata all good players. Don’t right Sanchez off either. McTominey needs a loan potential is there. Showed it through the academy in various positions. Would not get rid of Pogba once Mourinho goes will be fine!

Last edited:
I don't think getting rid of Pogba is a good idea...I mean, whom would be his replacement? Sergej Milankovic Savic is the closest replacement we can get but he's going to cost a ludicrous amount of money.

I don't think getting rid of Pogba is a good idea...I mean, whom would be his replacement? Sergej Milankovic Savic is the closest replacement we can get but he's going to cost a ludicrous amount of money.

Jorginho and Kovacic would have been first replacment but currently unavailable.
For big money and hard negotiation i would go for Saul from Atletico, i think it was like 130mil release clause
For younger guy with bags of potential Ndombele
Even maybe risky buy with Fekir can do wonders.

There are also Verrati and Rabiot.

Jorginho and Kovacic would have been first replacment but currently unavailable.
For big money and hard negotiation i would go for Saul from Atletico, i think it was like 130mil release clause
For younger guy with bags of potential Ndombele
Even maybe risky buy with Fekir can do wonders.

There are also Verrati and Rabiot.

If you can place Pogba in a good system, he is way better than all of the ones mentioned above. Except maybe Verratti and Jorginho, but they are different type of players. Problem is that he doesn't fit into every system (a 2-man midfield, for example). If you want to bring out the best in Pogba in a 2-man midfield, you simply need someone like Kante. Another issue is his toxic agent. Fergie had it right, Raiola is a git.

But honestly, I'd try to keep Pogba. And bin Mourinho. IF only for the fact that there will be less upheaval. The number of players he has reportedly rubbed the wrong way/fallen out with is madness. And ****, we should be able to tie Martial and Shaw down to newer contracts.

If you can place Pogba in a good system, he is way better than all of the ones mentioned above. Except maybe Verratti and Jorginho, but they are different type of players. Problem is that he doesn't fit into every system (a 2-man midfield, for example). If you want to bring out the best in Pogba in a 2-man midfield, you simply need someone like Kante. Another issue is his toxic agent. Fergie had it right, Raiola is a git.

But honestly, I'd try to keep Pogba. And bin Mourinho. IF only for the fact that there will be less upheaval. The number of players he has reportedly rubbed the wrong way/fallen out with is madness. And ****, we should be able to tie Martial and Shaw down to newer contracts.

Have to keep in mind that Pogba might not want to stay even if we get rid of Mou..

Bin them both off in that case! You dont really need a global mega ultrastar like Pogba or Neymar to make a winning team.

Its hard to say until we’ve seen them under a manager who can use them right. Lindelof, Herrera, Mata all good players. Don’t right Sanchez off either. McTominey needs a loan potential is there. Showed it through the academy in various positions. Would not get rid of Pogba once Mourinho goes will be fine!

Herrera maybe useful as a squad player but unfortunately he just doesn't really excel at anything. He reminds me of Jack Wilshere really, you really think he is better than he actually is due to his play style. Think Mata's best days are behind him and Lindelof possibly deserves another chance.

We're actually not far off having an XI capable of challenging for the league though, that's the annoying thing. One TOP CLASS CB addition to partner Bailly (who needs his confidence back badly) - someone like Toby, and a coach who gets the best out of the players we have and I honestly think we're a squad that's certainly capable.

Maybe a back-up striker that keeps Lukaku on his toes too. Should've got Giroud when he was up for free. Really like the look of Mitrovic but doubt he'd be happy playing 2nd fiddle. Felt Lukaku was playing better stuff when Zlatan was breathing down his neck. Then again, maybe the next coach will see Rashford as a viable option at CF, and won't require a physical presence (though I am a fan of some presence).

It makes you wonder if the board were deliberately setting it up for Jose to fail after not backing him in the transfer market over the summer. If and it's a big if the board had sanchioned any one of the CB's the club was reported to be going for maybe this situation would not of happened.

We're actually not far off having an XI capable of challenging for the league though, that's the annoying thing. One TOP CLASS CB addition to partner Bailly (who needs his confidence back badly) - someone like Toby, and a coach who gets the best out of the players we have and I honestly think we're a squad that's certainly capable.

Maybe a back-up striker that keeps Lukaku on his toes too. Should've got Giroud when he was up for free. Really like the look of Mitrovic but doubt he'd be happy playing 2nd fiddle. Felt Lukaku was playing better stuff when Zlatan was breathing down his neck. Then again, maybe the next coach will see Rashford as a viable option at CF, and won't require a physical presence (though I am a fan of some presence).
Agree RE Lukaku. And to think most were complaining when we was linked to Arnautovic and Mandzukic.....

Back