The Manchester United Thread

It's also not even close to Hicks and Gillett, since they brought Liverpool to its knees. The Glazers have never actually done that. They are far from great, but they could be much worse

All in the context.

No, not really. They made United richest club in the world with their strategy. Whilst not ideal, woukd give them 5/10.

Why isn't Solskjær in the conversation for next United manager?

All in the context.
Yeah the context being; you were taken a day away from administration, . United have never, ever been close. United have loads of money. Without the Glazers, they would have even more money.

There is no point at which you can argue the Glazers have been worse

That would be one context.

Another would be they debt-loaded a takeover, and have consistently increased the debt to ridiculous levels, whilst not putting in and taking out. Massively.

In terms of ownserhip, I see very little difference and feel for Utd that you have charletans on a much bigger scale. Regardless of any profits sustaining things or anything else.

Sumple similarities between the Ameiricans MO. This being on a much wider scale.

No, not really. They made United richest club in the world with their strategy. Whilst not ideal, woukd give them 5/10.

Why isn't Solskjær in the conversation for next United manager?

I mean this really, I hate them, but they aren't even close to being the worst. Only reason Conn is regurgitating the figures is because United are in the news.

That would be one context.

Another would be they debt-loaded a takeover, and have consistently increased the debt to ridiculous levels, whilst not putting in and taking out. Massively.

In terms of ownserhip, I see very little difference and feel for Utd that you have charletans on a much bigger scale. Regardless of any profits sustaining things or anything else.

Sumple similarities between the Ameiricans MO. This being on a much wider scale.

The debt hasn't consistently increased... it's come down significantly from its initial level, then last few years, bumped up and down, but still remaining significantly lower than originally.

There's literally no comparison to Hicks and Gillett, who didnt even want to make Liverpool make money, they had no issue if you went in to admin

Sound Mike.

Sorry I was so concened on something that should have no rivalry and bring all football fans together on issues like this. Bad owmers who shouldn’t be alowed to take over any club with such practices. We had exactly the same save for their business model didn’t stack up to cover the debt whilst Utd are making money hand over fist to sustain it. Without that debt, particularly early, you’d be streets agead of any other club now.

If you don’t want to acknowledge the similarity because the profits are greater and suatain it sound.

I personally think its a much greater issue that should concern all football fams when people can come in and do this and put clubs in that position but maybe thats juat me?

Its not the financial side that is holding United back, its the football side. we can afford any player we want, we have no idea about how to structure continuity. That's their biggest failing. We would be streets ahead if we still had David Gill

Gary Neville absolutely fuming about stories breaking about Mourinho getting the sack despite the weekend result after the Newcastle match.

https://twitter.com/duncanreddevil/status/1048324318441234432?s=21

If he is going to be sacked really feel for Mourinho having to manage a game with everyone knowing he was gone can't believe the club would let it get out, his pre match interview will be interesting. It is the logical time to make the change though with the Int'l break but not sure who we could get in to replace him other than Zidane no big managers I can think of are without a club and all the negotiating would take ages unless its already done which with our board I doubt.

Heynecks to the end of the season? :P

If he is going to be sacked really feel for Mourinho having to manage a game with everyone knowing he was gone can't believe the club would let it get out, his pre match interview will be interesting. It is the logical time to make the change though with the Int'l break but not sure who we could get in to replace him other than Zidane no big managers I can think of are without a club and all the negotiating would take ages unless its already done which with our board I doubt.

Heynecks to the end of the season? :P
McDonnell has been used by Ed in the past

McDonnell knows his stuff, in fact it looks like he's Ed's favourite choice for breaking this kind of news:

Moyes: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-sack-david-moyes-3438544

Van Gaal: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/axe-set-fall-louis-van-8016430

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetic, sans-serif]Also James Ducker has tweeted and confirmed that Jose and his agent were in London with Ed all day and that’s why his presser was mega early. Also said he’s been in touch with the club who didn’t deny the claim about him leaving this weekend. [/FONT]

I doubt Woodward had briefed any one. It's a leak, pure and simple.

Which is again shambles. Needs to be handled more professionally. Although, with the managers available, I' go for Zidane and Marotta combination. Get a man-manager in with Zidane;; kinda think the club needs it.

Also, re: scouse, it's not about club or rivalries. Hicks and Gillet almost brought Liverpool down completely (and looking at Mike Ashley now, I can imagine that going down the same way). The Glazers haven't gone anywhere near that. Sure, they are a pain, and given a choice, would definitely want better owners, but the good thing is that they haven't crippled to the point of non-functionality. Lesser of two evils, I guess.

Which is again shambles. Needs to be handled more professionally. Although, with the managers available, I' go for Zidane and Marotta combination. Get a man-manager in with Zidane;; kinda think the club needs it.

Also, re: scouse, it's not about club or rivalries. Hicks and Gillet almost brought Liverpool down completely (and looking at Mike Ashley now, I can imagine that going down the same way). The Glazers haven't gone anywhere near that. Sure, they are a pain, and given a choice, would definitely want better owners, but the good thing is that they haven't crippled to the point of non-functionality. Lesser of two evils, I guess.

100% with all of this.

God I so want this to be true, but the glazers never act this early or Woodward for that matter in a season. So I doubt it's true.

Which is most probably worse. Ed really needs to get off the footy side of things! 100% agree with Neville.

Ed needs out of your club like the Glaziers. Period! I never realised he was their lawyer when the debt-loaded takeover was broked. That explains a heck of a lot. There seriously needs to be legislation brought in to stop buyouts like this.

But as none of those things are happening any time soon, a proper club structure does indeed need implementing. Which is hard to see happening whilst Woodward is turning over the profits they scarcely deserve.

Whilst he wields all the power can anyone really see a Director of Football having much autonomy?

Been through all this to the point we had to mobilise to play a major part in removing similar bad owners. Regardless of rivalry, this shouldn’t be allowed to happen anywhere and I feel for Utd in that reapect.

Last edited:
BBC saying Mourinho going to be given more time to turn things around but the pressure is there. Also Ducker just said the main reason for the nearing between Mou, Mendes and Ed in London was about finalising DDG contract.

Realky dont mind Ed. He’s just not s footy man. Get Moratta or whoever in for that side. And stick him back on the commercial side. And get this shot sorted!

Team Sheet for today's fixture#U18PL

Aymen Chelabi is a Greenwood level talent from the u15/16s. Great to see him on the bench. Just shows how highly rated he is at the club!​

BBC saying Mourinho going to be given more time to turn things around but the pressure is there. Also Ducker just said the main reason for the nearing between Mou, Mendes and Ed in London was about finalising DDG contract.

Realky dont mind Ed. He’s just not s footy man. Get Moratta or whoever in for that side. And stick him back on the commercial side. And get this shot sorted!

More time for Woodward and Glazers to bottle it and our season to be beyond salvageable...... no surprise at all.

Back