The Manchester United Thread

Hey, at least we're the only unbeaten English club in the CL? *reaches for positives*

I don't think getting rid of Pogba is a good idea...I mean, whom would be his replacement? Sergej Milankovic Savic is the closest replacement we can get but he's going to cost a ludicrous amount of money.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

And he's just signed a new contract too

Just turned 17yr old Ethan Laird FB. Highlights against Valencia. One to watch! https://twitter.com/mxzvgx_/status/1047553624925249536?s=21

Mason Greenwood highlights No8. #Wonderkid ;) https://youtu.be/HDQZ5BtImlM

Watched the full match last night. Gomes, Chong, Greenwood and Oconner and Laird at FBs absolutely ripped them to shred going forward. Gomes was fantastic slightly deeper with Garner just dictating things. Don’t think many will be able to handle our u19 CL or u18s sides this season. Especially with the likes of Burkart, Gribbin, Olesunde and a few more to return from injury. Plus 2 new signings still waiting for clearance after Berjger just came through.

Last edited:
Newcastle (H)
Chelsea (A)
Juventus (H)
Everton (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Juventus (A)
City (A)

I think it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Going to be the lowest attendance in yrs for a home league game at the weekend. Clubs struggling to sell tickets.

Newcastle (H)
Chelsea (A)
Juventus (H)
Everton (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Juventus (A)
City (A)

I think it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Going to be the lowest attendance in yrs for a home league game at the weekend. Clubs struggling to sell tickets.

Maybe that'll spur them on, at the very least. To make some sort of changes. Although, knowing our current management, I can just imagine the agenda to be to go and buy another big ego superstar to get people back to the stands. I'm just praying we get a DoF after all this mess.

Just putting it out there but in terms of performances and style we play, must be up there for one of the worst overpaid teams in history. Our wage bill is only second to Barcelona in world football I believe and yet we play worse style than Derby City.

I'll be interested if rumours are true that Saturday home game vs Newcastle will be lowest attendance in years. Personally don't believe it but it's only when **** like this starts to happen and the glazers feel it in their pocket that they will act.

Why would there be an empty seat in the house? Benitez vs. Mourinho is a purist dream. Mouth-watering prospect.

Also there is supposed to be plenty of tickets still available for saturday. There was tickets available on Tuesday, some fans boo'd and now plenty of tickets available again. Its one thing the board still backing them but once the fans turn thats it. Something needs to be done asap.

Also there is supposed to be plenty of tickets still available for saturday. There was tickets available on Tuesday, some fans boo'd and now plenty of tickets available again. Its one thing the board still backing them but once the fans turn thats it. Something needs to be done asap.
Me and my mates have been getting email and texts left right and centre since before the Valencia game. I’m not even a season ticket holder for the last 2 yrs. Fans are definitely getting tired! The official announcement was about 73,000 on Tuesday but my mate said there was definitely nowhere near that. Lot of empty seats. Even I could see that on telly. Reckon that’s how many tickets were sold.

Me and my mates have been getting email and texts left right and centre since before the Valencia game. I’m not even a season ticket holder for the last 2 yrs. Fans are definitely getting tired! The official announcement was about 73,000 on Tuesday but my mate said there was definitely nowhere near that. Lot of empty seats. Even I could see that on telly. Reckon that’s how many tickets were sold.

Yep that because of the stupid scheme the Glazer's set up by charging season ticket holders for cup games regardless of if they go or not. So the "official" attendance will always be different from actual bums on seats. In all the years ive never seen tickets on general sale struggling to sell. I bet even members aren't applying for ballot tickets any more. Its the best way to get a message to the board though. Hit them in their pockets.

Mourinho presser was short. Had a face and attitude like thunder. Was asked about 6 questions refused to answer half of them. Said our form was unexceptionable. And Newcastle will be a very tough match.

Mourinho presser was short. Had a face and attitude like thunder. Was asked about 6 questions refused to answer half of them. Said our form was unexceptionable. And Newcastle will be a very tough match.

Honestly this is just pathetic now, he has the personality of a ****** parsnip and is it any wonder that the team aren't motivated seemingly? I just want him gone now at any cost, but unfortunately we'll probably have him until end of season.

Another top piece from David Conn, but a REAL grim read, on the £billion or so the Glaziers have taken out of Utd since the takeover.

Never knew Woodward was rhe Glaziers banker who broked the debt-loading takeover. It’s like Hicks and Gillet on an even grander scale!

Absolute shitshow of a mess:

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-united#click=https://t.co/JHN6DmMUja

Grim yes, but anything new? not really at this point as the glazers have just been a cancer ever since the takeover and will be for as long as they remain to this club. I hate using the word cancer to describe anything, but really is there any more appropriate word for them? In this case I genuinely don't think so.

It's also not even close to Hicks and Gillett, since they brought Liverpool to its knees. The Glazers have never actually done that. They are far from great, but they could be much worse

Honestly this is just pathetic now, he has the personality of a ****** parsnip and is it any wonder that the team aren't motivated seemingly? I just want him gone now at any cost, but unfortunately we'll probably have him until end of season.

Grim yes, but anything new? not really at this point as the glazers have just been a cancer ever since the takeover and will be for as long as they remain to this club. I hate using the word cancer to describe anything, but really is there any more appropriate word for them? In this case I genuinely don't think so.
Also refused to call Derby a defeat. Saying we drew lol.

After the short Jose Mourinho press conference earlier, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola was somewhat more expansive when he was talking about his side's trip to Liverpool.

In fact, one answer, to a tactical question about how to stop Liverpool's dangerous front three of Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino lasted around three minutes 45 seconds, which was around the total time Jose spoke for.

Press with the stopwatches out. lol

Back