The Manchester United Thread

Those 2 would be great. And a fantastic step forward for the club. This however is concerning!

David de Gea reluctant to commit to Manchester United beyond current deal as troubled club faces prospect of losing its No 1. @TelegraphDucker reports - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/08/david-de-gea-reluctant-commit-beyond-current-deal-asmanchester/ …

Where would he go though. All the top clubs have got a keeper and I doubt he wants a sideways step move.

Where would he go though. All the top clubs have got a keeper and I doubt he wants a sideways step move.

He'll stay. What he will do will be indirectly putting pressure on the board to sort this **** out. Like I've said from the start, one thing to fall out with Pogba, but when you start losing De Gea, Valencia, Lukaku, you're done as manager.

Mourinho staying it seems then, not a surprise at all but kinda optimistic we'd chop him well we had few weeks to sort ourselves out and season is still salvageable. But because of the incompetence of our board they no doubt took that 2nd half against Newcastle and thought we've turned a corner. When in reality, we haven't at all and I will be shocked if we get a good result in our next few games against Juve/Chelsea.

Mourinho staying it seems then, not a surprise at all but kinda optimistic we'd chop him well we had few weeks to sort ourselves out and season is still salvageable. But because of the incompetence of our board they no doubt took that 2nd half against Newcastle and thought we've turned a corner. When in reality, we haven't at all and I will be shocked if we get a good result in our next few games against Juve/Chelsea.
Tbh I’ve written this season off already. I think he should go but I would rather wait till the end of the season. Get an actual plan in place in regards to a new manager (not necessarily a name
). And get a DOF or someone on that sort of role. Which sounds like what we are looking to do from recent reports. Actually have a meeting with players and staff explaining the situation. Get people’s ****** contacts sorted out! Then starting the end of the season let’s start getting shot going together and run the club how it should be.

As bad as it’s been we ain’t really far and won’t take to much sorting out. We have a really good squad. Get the manager and someone to oversee the football side of things. And we can see a good turn around IF PLANNING STARTS NOW. Take the first team out of the equation and the clubs actually in a fantastic position!

Last edited:
Tbh I’ve written this season off already. I think he should go but I would rather wait till the end of the season. Get an actual plan in place in regards to a new manager (not necessarily a name
). And get a DOF or someone on that sort of role. Which sounds like what we are looking to do from recent reports. Actually have a meeting with players and staff explaining the situation. Get people’s ****** contacts sorted out! Then starting the end of the season let’s start getting shot going together and run the club how it should be.

As bad as it’s been we ain’t really far and won’t take to much sorting out. We have a really good squad. Get the manager and someone to oversee the football side of things. And we can see a good turn around IF PLANNING STARTS NOW. Take the first team out of the equation and the clubs actually in a fantastic position!

See your point mate, but I really don't want to miss out on CL and I think if that is under threat he should go. But as it stands we're not totally out of it but I'd also argue that Zidane is likely the next appointment.... now or summer kinda seems more urgent. I don't even fancy Zidane that much but feel inevitable it will probably be him and I can't see many alternatives in the summer either.

Jardim to become available in next couple of days apparently...

Don’t think anybody is fave for the job atm. I’m surprised Jardim hasn’t become available before now lol......

BBC just breaking Monaco have sacked Jardim who Monaco are in the bottom 3. Need to get an agreement in place surely!

Another day, another Norwegian close to Man United. Academy chief David Harrison is in Norway to seal 14-year Tromsø starlet Isak Hansen-Aarøen. Previously trialled at United, Liverpool and Everton, @itromsosporten report.

Last wekk, @NettavisenSport reported first that United are also looking at Odin Thiago Holm (15) at Ranheim. He's going over for a trial as well with the Reds next week. After impressing head scout.

James Garner captained the England U18s to a 4-0 victory at St George's Park last night with a good performance from all 3 Man Utd academy player's with a goal from
Ethan. Laird..

Back