The Manchester United Thread

It could of been so good, but feels like a loss now despite the draw. That's now 1 win in 6 games all competitions.

We played better second half but thought first half we were poor.

I honestly don't even know what to make of this, but ultimately it's 2 more points lost where we can't really afford it. Especially in those circumstances.

I dont understand how the Chelsea fans can be so classless to Mourinho. The guy is one of your greatest managers and won you 3 PL titles. Like **** show him some respect ffs.

I dont understand how the Chelsea fans can be so classless to Mourinho. The guy is one of your greatest managers and won you 3 PL titles. Like **** show him some respect ffs.

Was thinking the exact same. Not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but it's quite sad to see the hate he gets there. Can't imagine say Arsenal fans ever doing that do Wenger, no matter what was said in the moment

suppose but it was like 90 seconds tops. Really can’t fault the players or manager today. Players looked absolutely sucked of life after the final whistle:(

I can fault them because they switched off at set pieces and didn't play well again in first half, can't expect to win matches if you are going to play good only in second half of games.

If we would of performed at that second half level for all the game we probably would of won because Chelsea wasn't even that good today.

Okay you complain about the first half fair enough. But the plan worked. Let them have possession create naff all and hit them on the counter. Pogba stupid defence at a set piece ruined the plan. We basically played the same in the second half but with better quality. Still the same plan. Again undone by a cross in the box.

Have to give Chelsea credit in regards to the set-plays, they bring Basketball tactics to football - always little blocks and screens. Pogba should have done better, but Luiz just done enough in distracting him if you rewatch from certain angles. Luiz should have scored in the 2nd half with Lindelof the victim of similar tactics.

All in all, I felt we deserved the 3 points, but that's football. The best player in the league was anonymous, Jorginho had less touches & passes than Kovacic who went off early and was getting manhandled by Pogba. The execution was near perfect, just got robbed in Fergie time. Onwards and upwards. Major positive is this could be a Shaw-esque turning point for Martial & Mourinho relationship for the remainder of the season/his tenure.

Last edited:
Have to give Chelsea credit in regards to the set-plays, they bring Basketball tactics to football - always little blocks and screens. Pogba should have done better, but Luiz just done enough in distracting him if you rewatch from certain angles. Luiz should have scored in the 2nd half with Lindelof the victim of similar tactics.

All in all, I felt we deserved the 3 points, but that's football. The best player in the league was anonymous, Jorginho had less touches & passes than Kovacic who went off early and was getting manhandled by Pogba. The execution was near perfect, just got robbed in Fergie time. Onwards and upwards. Major positive is this could be a Shaw-esque turning point for Martial & Mourinho relationship for the remainder of the season/his tenure.
Agree on Chelsea and set pieces. Really clever! On the stream I watched they really focused and did analysis on that. They have done it a lot this season. Fair play. Like I said can’t complain the game plan was spot on. And think we definitely deserved the 3 points. Can’t wait for Juve!

Hope me this is the start of a good Mourinho/ Martial turn around. Noticed he was one of the first up when Mourinho kicked off at the end. Rashford needs dropping though for Sánchez.

Mourinho look ready to go for his classic eye gouge during that scuffle at the end, can't expect fans to just ignore it on account of his 3 titles with them.

Ok for Jose to start crying because one of our coaches celebrated a goal though yeah? Also he hasn’t exactly shown us much respect since being at Utd so why should we show it back?

Mourinho look ready to go for his classic eye gouge during that scuffle at the end, can't expect fans to just ignore it on account of his 3 titles with them.

Except it wasn't just this occasion in which the Chelsea fans have disrespected him from the stands, today's just the worst. Jose's obviously no saint in all of this, but I just can't imagine being in the stand and booing Sir Alex no matter what petty things he may have said after he left the club. Heck, I bet Roy Keane after all was said and done would still get a standing ovation at Old Trafford. But each to their own I guess, Chelsea's match-goers haven't got the best rep I suppose.

U18s Vs Sunderland
Fojticek, Laird, Williams, Bernard, Mengi, Levitt, Galbraith, Traore, Puigmal, McCann, Greenwood
Subs: Mellor, Thompson, McGhee, Ramazani, Stanley

United u18s lead Sunderland 2-0 at half time. Traore with the 2nd goal in 1st half injury time. Greenwood with the first.

3-0 Traore again.

4-0 McCann, 60th minute.

United u18s win 7-0 against Sunderland. Greenwood x2, Traore x2, McCann, Laird & Mellor with the goals. United u18s have now scored 30 goals in 8 games this season.

Ok for Jose to start crying because one of our coaches celebrated a goal though yeah? Also he hasn’t exactly shown us much respect since being at Utd so why should we show it back?

You've no idea what was said on the way past. To assume the Chelsea coach was a saint in all of this and was only innocently celebrating a goal could be very naive. He did however, go out of his way to apologize to Jose behind closed doors after a Sarri hairdryer.

This just sums up the Mourinho reign though doesn't it and the endless cycle of optimism then realism when realising we are not really getting anywhere despite a few decent performances. The style of football is still light years behind where it should be when you consider that's Chelsea in just two or three months under Sarri. This is us in 2 and a half years of Mourinho.

Wouldn't hold your breath either about it being a turning point for Martial and Mourinho either, we've seen all this before. He might start Martial again next game, maybe he doesn't play so well, gets subbed and back where we started.

You've no idea what was said on the way past. To assume the Chelsea coach was a saint in all of this and was only innocently celebrating a goal could be very naive. He did however, go out of his way to apologize to Jose behind closed doors after a Sarri hairdryer.

Yeah I’ve got no arguements you are right but Jose isn’t exactly a saint when it comes to this sort of thing so for him to kick off is pretty hypocritical and also I personally will always appreciate what Jose done for our club whether or not other Chelsea fans feel the same it’s down to them but I am pretty sure the majority of our fan base still have a lot of respect for him

Back