The Manchester United Thread

Looking back at that reaction from Mourinho and the bench when that Chelsea coach done what he did, it was rather refreshing to see all the bench react including players like Martial who were supposedly not happy with Mourinho. The reaction from him suggested otherwise and it's at least reassuring from the general reaction to that Chelsea coach, the players obviously still care at least and want to work with Mourinho.

Things look better. But we still need to push way on. And he's got a lot of work to do

Things look better. But we still need to push way on. And he's got a lot of work to do
Realky need a good run in the cups now. And trying to get top 4.

Looking forward to tonight! Gonna be rocking I reckon. Hopefully the u19s can carry on hammering teams in there group against Juve today.

Pogba: “I have huge respect for the club (Juventus). But I’ve come back home, I never wanted to leave. I joined the youth academy here. I’m at home here and it will always be that way. The career I have had and now, with this return to Manchester, it’s really splendid.” #mufc [UEFA]

United U19s Vs Juventus
Kovar, Laird, Ercolani, Bernard, O'Connor, Garner, Barlow, Traore, Gomes, Bohui, Greenwood
Subs: Fojticek, Williams, Mellor, Levitt, Puigmal, Mengi, Baars.

Utd 1-0 after 8 mins through Bohui assist by Laird. Utd totally dominant.

2-0 Utd. Great pressing from Garner gets the interception. Slots it to Greenwood who beats the CB and slots it bottom corner. Could be 4-0 39 mins gone.

2-1. Juve first real attack see them score. Long shot not pushed away good enough from Kovar. Falls to there player who smashes it in.

Wow lol 3-1 Garner again presses like a made man wins the ball edge of the box and puts it past the keeper with a rocket. 3-1 Utd totally dominant. Making a very good Juve side look bang average!

WTF the strangest red I’ve ever seen. Ball goes out of play. Bohui goes to give the Juve lad the ball then the Juve lad hits in with a flat palm in the face :O

4-1. Great work by the 2 subs. Puigmal beats a couple of players down the right with a great bit of skill. Puts in a great reverse pass to Levitt who just cooly strokes it home.

4-1 FT :)

All the goals
https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1054765234186055680?s=21

Garner Highlights. So much class and Carrick in this lad! https://twitter.com/dpgarner13/status/1054786307489234944?s=21

Last edited:
Same team as against Chelsea. ******* delighted Chong on the bench!

WTAF bus late AGAIN! Jose and players walking the last half mile says James Ducker. Someone wants me he ******* sack!

Last edited:
It's embarrassing how deep we are and giving Juventus so much time on the ball. They are not feckin Barca! Push up, show some balls and take the game to them. Defence all over the place though tbh like usual.

Apart from the last 15 that was a schooling!

Yeah honestly, this is why we're clutching straws with Mourinho and always will be. 2 and a half years into a reign a manager has spent hundreds of millions and hasn't got a defence and style that can give Juventus a game ffs. Unless an exceptional second half can't see us coming back, they've had like 70% possession! Forgive me if I'm wrong but pretty sure Juventus under Allegri are usually more of a counter attack team against big teams away from home!

Yeah honestly, this is why we're clutching straws with Mourinho and always will be. 2 and a half years into a reign a manager has spent hundreds of millions and hasn't got a defence and style that can give Juventus a game ffs. Unless an exceptional second half can't see us coming back, they've had like 70% possession! Forgive me if I'm wrong but pretty sure Juventus under Allegri are usually more of a counter attack team against big teams away from home!

Nha, they like possession but apart from that, we've sat too deep

Nha, they like possession but apart from that, we've sat too deep

Oh, I wasn't sure tbf but still we've gave them so much **** time and space with the ball. Push up a bit or something.

Sorry, but Pogba has no place in starting eleven, Mata and Lukaku press, wings press he just sits there...

Only major positive I take from tonight is Lindelof, been immense and has proven can perform at highest level. We always knew he can because with Sweden but seems like he is doing it for United now as well.

I have no idea why Rashford is still on the pitch or what he has done tonight. Oh except cut back and pass it to Young. Great effort by Pogba.

I have no idea why Rashford is still on the pitch or what he has done tonight. Oh except cut back and pass it to Young. Great effort by Pogba.

He done that good dribble and took on 2 players to be fair... not with any end product but meh.... I would give Chong a go!

Sorry, but Pogba has no place in starting eleven, Mata and Lukaku press, wings press he just sits there...

Only major positive I take from tonight is Lindelof, been immense and has proven can perform at highest level. We always knew he can because with Sweden but seems like he is doing it for United now as well.

It's all individual work, there is not team cohesion. This is the biggest reason Jose has to go for me, forget everything else. If this team was defensive, but superbly drilled, I could happily live with that as there is an identity there. But there isn't here.

Not even made a sub tonight, don't get it. Wish Mourinho would stop doing that stupid "I'll show you how many trophies I've won" hand gesture to everyone now. It's really all about him but to do that during a game when Juventus fans are goading you.... just amateurish.

Back