The Manchester United Thread

Why the **** is Matic still in this midfield? He looks like a broken lorry at this point, he literally has very little mobility and have no idea what he adds at this point.

Bournemouth could be 3-0 up and I'm not even exaggerating.

This is the type of football we should play at OT, Eddie Howe done wonders with this club.

He's knackered. And Jose just isn't rotating

He's knackered. And Jose just isn't rotating

Martial is on fire, not that I give any credit to Mourinho whatsoever, this is the guy who wanted him gone in the summer. The one thing the board has actually done well is keep him.

Martial is on fire, not that I give any credit to Mourinho whatsoever, this is the guy who wanted him gone in the summer. The one thing the board has actually done well is keep him.
Dont think Mourinho wanted him gone. And there was definitely no reports. Reliable ones anyway saying this. Was just dropped for Sánchez wrongly!! I remember watching a fair few presser claiming the opposite and Mourinho saying he doesn’t want to sell him.

The stories of of him leaving were from his agent to French media. Understandably as he just wanted his player to get more time on the pitch and better terms. Sanchez had form, injuries and Martial fantastic form of late have made him undroppable and gave him all the cards with his new negotiations. Mourinho even told the BBC in his embargoed presser that he is confident and happy that Martial will sign.

On the match. Pretty sure tbh. Least we are still in it. Matic needs to become a squad player now and nothing more! Don’t know if the club are gonna back him in Jan. But sounds like it.

Pereira definitely needs to get games at 6. I don’t know what’s wrong with Matic, but he’s been dung this season. Nice to see Alexis/Martial link up for the goal. Note the Alexis cross came from the right and Martial finished drifting in from the left... imagine thinking they could play on the pitch together :O

i know i sound like a broken record but slow out of the blocks yet again and its keeps costing us goals.I can only think its a mentality issue but it needs addressing quickly

Wins a win chaps, against one of the better teams in the PL outside the top four. Kind of felt we had to win it as well considering our next fixtures.

Does anybody know why Matic wasn't wearing a poppy? You could see glue on his shirt where one had been but he came out without one on. Can't remember from last year or his Chelsea days if this is something he always does.

Just done a search and it appears this is the first time he's never worn one so not sure whats gone on. Maybe it just fell off before coming out.

Does anybody know why Matic wasn't wearing a poppy? You could see glue on his shirt where one had been but he came out without one on. Can't remember from last year or his Chelsea days if this is something he always does.
He’s worn them before so no idea if he didn’t want one or if it was just glued on poorly or something like that

Matic is Serbian, they lost more people in WW1 than any other country. Some estimates reach 60% (yes, SIXTY) of the entire male population. I'm sure it just fell off or something.

Last edited:
Matic is Serbian, they lost more people in WW1 than any other country. Some estimates reach 60% (yes, SIXTY) of the entire male population. I'm sure it just fell off or something.
Percentage of population, not number of casualties. Many other nations had more casualties.

Probably just fell off before the match.

**** his poppy just fell off there's no need to even talk about such a non-issue.

Just caught some highlights of today’s match. To me looks like Herrera made a big difference in the second half. Wouldn’t mind him at 6 from now on. Also seen Mourinho very complimentary of him after the game.

Back