The Manchester United Thread

I read a comment on United youtube for Mourinho presser that we've only won 3 in 12 games...... that's ****** awful!

Mourinho being a bit of a **** if he doesn't drop Lukaku today, he needs a rest and has been terrible. Funny how he keeps playing him religiously but other players like pereira have one bad game and not too be seen again.
with not Lingard or Sanchez its hard to see him dropping him tbh. Will be the same line up against Chelsea imo.

I remember when LVG was going through a tough period and had injuries he gave Rashford his debut in Europa League.. we know what happened. But this also did give a new burst of life into the United team when we faced Arsenal at Old Trafford the following weekend, we saw a re-energised United who won the game.

Mourinho being Mourinho this will not happen however what I'm getting at is it just is all predictable at the moment, we have players who would love an opportunity at this point and deserve a look in. If I don't see Fred at some point today, then I seriously give up. **** I'd even give Chong a go over Rashford if he must start Lukaku again.

I remember when LVG was going through a tough period and had injuries he gave Rashford his debut in Europa League.. we know what happened. But this also did give a new burst of life into the United team when we faced Arsenal at Old Trafford the following weekend, we saw a re-energised United who won the game.

Mourinho being Mourinho this will not happen however what I'm getting at is it just is all predictable at the moment, we have players who would love an opportunity at this point and deserve a look in. If I don't see Fred at some point today, then I seriously give up. **** I'd even give Chong a go over Rashford if he must start Lukaku again.
Dont expect any u23s starting. I would be surprised to see any on the bench. Especially after playing 90 mins Friday night and being absolutely smashed from pillar to post for most of them against a ridiculously physical Wolves team.

Dont expect any u23s starting. I would be surprised to see any on the bench. Especially after playing 90 mins Friday night and being absolutely smashed from pillar to post for most of them against a ridiculously physical Wolves team.

Didn't realise Chong played in that, if he did then yeah no chance of him today. not that there would of ever been a chance with Mou!

Good to see Fred start. Still think Lukaku would be better starting instead of a Rashford.

Lukaku has looked shot for weeks mate, he badly needs the rest. Plus he has just genuinely been not playing well. Rashford might not be ideal but at least he'll give us some legs.

Lukaku has looked shot for weeks mate, he badly needs the rest. Plus he has just genuinely been not playing well. Rashford might not be ideal but at least he'll give us some legs.
Problem with Rashford is that he will give us legs, but little else. Sometimes, the lad just doesn't think//

Not like Lukaku hasn’t been putting in the effort he’s been closing down well and running the channels. His service has been the main problem. Rashford been a lot worse imo. Tbh they should of been dropped. Rashford wasn’t even getting back to help out the FB against Chelsea.

Rashfords slowly turning into the Valencia of the RW position. Doesn’t take on his man, turns back then passes it back or sideways. On the odd occasion he does try he runs into about 4 players into a blind ally. Needs to think a bit more!

Last edited:
Mata on the right. Sigh! Fred been pretty good so far but rusty. But lots of energy and been getting on the ball. Matic awful. Martial best player so far.

Last edited:
Small little tweak after 20 mins has worked wonders. Instead of having Matic at the base he’s put Fred next to him and pushed Pogba further forward. Has Rashford touched the ball this half?

Martial is different gravy, absolute travesty how Mourinho has handled him up till now. Hope he has finally realised that treating him correctly and giving him consistent games brings out the player we saw prior to Sanchez arrival.

Terrible by Rashford!

Been making good runs off the ball tbf, especially in first half and that is always a pain for defences. I still think done the team a world of good giving Lukaku a rest and Fred back. But Lukaku been playing constant football since world cup, probably needs few more weeks off ideally.

Zidane with Evra as assistant, with the likes of Pogba and Martial would be exciting!

Terrible decision to bring on Lukaku in this situation, he needed the rest, wtf Mourinho!

Been making good runs off the ball tbf, especially in first half and that is always a pain for defences. I still think done the team a world of good giving Lukaku a rest and Fred back. But Lukaku been playing constant football since world cup, probably needs few more weeks off ideally.

Zidane with Evra as assistant, with the likes of Pogba and Martial would be exciting!
Yeah a rest will do him good. But Lukaku ain’t been the problem. He’s been making runs too. But know one can find him.

Been impressed with Fred today. Good energy willing to get on the ball and always looks forward. Lindelöf been fantastic again.

That was class by Lukaku!

Back