The Manchester United Thread

Think some rival fans need a bit longer to dry their tears now Mourinho has gone from United, they can't seem to stop talking about us after all. Anyone would think they are a bit worried or something? Just the feeling I'm getting....... Alc popping out of his closet about finishing 4th....... where are Chelsea right now? Oh, 4th.

Last edited:
Thing is, there are ''simpler" fans in every camp. Fans who would rather laugh at someones elses account than supporting 'their' club. There's nothing wrong with that, but theres no need to identify whole fanbase due to that minority.
Even now, 4th place is unrealistic for United. Yeah, United fans would love to get that 4th place and CL footie .Thats the current state of things. United have fallen behind their rivals for numerus reasons.
Difference between the fans are - no matter where United finish this season, they are still expected to at least challenge for the title. And that will never change.
Like Alc for a example. In his last 40 posts, 4 were in Chelsea thread, 2 in Liverpool and quess where the rest of them are? Yep, all in United thread.
Same goes for Scouse, but at least he writes in L'pool thread as well. You guys seem way to busy with United. Wondering why? :D

For a fanbase that’s conpletely obsessed with L’pool (and Leeds which is even more bizzare), singing about us EVERY single game, the complete irony in that V is staggering.

This is big news period. Or is some secret only Utd fans should discuss?

For a fanbase that’s conpletely obsessed with L’pool (and Leeds which is even more bizzare), singing about us EVERY single game, the complete irony in that V is staggering.

Do you honestly think United fans would leave it in the open if it was a secret Scouse! They aren't that mad, Vanjagl was only pointing out facts about Alc but then Chelsea don't generate interest for other fans or their own either; the last post in their thread was 3 weeks ago after all.

Last edited:
I talk in here, coz the MCFC thread is as empty as a home game :(

I talk in here, coz the MCFC thread is as empty as a home game :(

Same, who would even join Leeds thread :D Also they are still not up so can wait with it.
And main talk is just in this thread, is it united, league, cl etc, it all somehow is more active in this thread.

Oh calm down folks. Just pointing out a basic fact. United fans were so smug five years ago about what a well-run club they were and loved bashing everyone else for their perceived faults. Just funny when the shoe is on the other foot now.

OGS met Ed Woodward at Carrington earlier ahead of team meeting + training. Press conference on Fri at 0830. Told compensation with Molde is less than £500,000. No addition agreement in place should he get the job full-time. That is possible but not part of plan.

View image on Twitter

The receptionist at Carrington, who has been there since 1967, was given a bar of Norwegian chocolate by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on his arrival at the training ground this morning
1f44f.png
#mufc

Well I would say to those United fans same things Im saying to you. Stop bring so obsessed with rival clubs.

Again Alc, not all fans are the same. I get what you're saying and you have every right to feel good about it.

Oh calm down folks. Just pointing out a basic fact. United fans were so smug five years ago about what a well-run club they were and loved bashing everyone else for their perceived faults. Just funny when the shoe is on the other foot now.

We were, up until David Gill left. Then the footballing model and structure has become outdated. Hopefully being sorted before we get perm manager in the summer. Arsenal had a very similar situation under Wenger, you can't rely on one guy in the modern age to control all the footballing side of things now. They obviously have taken some steps to rectify before Emery came in.

We're still one of the best run clubs on the commercial side of things. A lot of clubs have been copying our model in that regard.

As much as you’re madly searching to bait, don’t flatter yerself V.

But I do appreciate the entertainment to deflect from your pain. ;)

You're here, discussing about United every day. What bait? What pain? What are you talking about?
But you're right about one thing, this all has little to do with the purpose of the thread. You are free to discuss whatever you want. Its just amusing to see '''die hard" L'pool fan so much in United thread.

‘Every day.’ Christ, the opportunity has been there all season to skit you to death which I haven’t but hey. ‘Every day’ and all that.

Don’t quite get the concept of democratic message boards do you? Not least on a general football site.

Yup. Baiting. 3/4 times the last 24 hours you’ve narked at me. Bar the reaponse to z over Alc, nobody else. Uncanny that. Stevie Wonder can see what you’re doing. And you call me ‘obsessed?’

You are nottin if not good entertainment man.

I feel your pain man. Let it out on me. ;)

The more I think about it I'm slightly swaying towards Zidane over Poch again because I just feel we don't need all the ball ache of getting him from Spurs. Also the biggest other factor is how much Zidane would motivate the players because he's such a legend and no big egos could ever overthrow him. I really think the French connection could be key with Pogba and Martial and persuading other players to join. Lets face it France has heaps of talent at the moment. Finally, you'll get time to talk and discuss the job with Zidane from now until May when he could come in,

What do you guys think? Pochettino is a great fit as well, but more I think about it I'm kind of swaying towards Zidane ideally. But obviously Zidane may not come but I hope we at least try.

The more I think about it I'm slightly swaying towards Zidane over Poch again because I just feel we don't need all the ball ache of getting him from Spurs. Also the biggest other factor is how much Zidane would motivate the players because he's such a legend and no big egos could ever overthrow him. I really think the French connection could be key with Pogba and Martial and persuading other players to join. Lets face it France has heaps of talent at the moment. Finally, you'll get time to talk and discuss the job with Zidane from now until May when he could come in,

What do you guys think? Pochettino is a great fit as well, but more I think about it I'm kind of swaying towards Zidane ideally. But obviously Zidane may not come but I hope we at least try.
I know one thing there will be a lot of this for a while :)

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1075762908854870016?s=21

Pich all day for me over Zidane it’s not even debatable tbh. Plus there were quotes a few weeks back that Zidane wasn’t keen on managing in England by his agent. Also Richard Keys today said it was a done deal. Which likely means it’s never going to happen.

Last edited:
I know one thing there will be a lot of this for a while :)

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1075762908854870016?s=21

Pich all day for me over Zidane it’s not even debatable tbh. Plus there were quotes a few weeks back that Zidane wasn’t keen on managing in England by his agent. Also Richard Keys today said it was a done deal. Which likely means it’s never going to happen.
It's a tough one, could you imagine Zidane with Martial and Pogba? That's pretty exciting and I bet they'd all stay for him too.

I really want to see how Pogba and everyone really does over these next few months, it's all on the players now to show what they are really about. The fans will not back them over the manager with Ole in charge. We'll never go against Ole, even if it all goes **** up from here, this season is down to Mourinho and the players.

Last edited:
Nah **** Zidane, **** getting the next big name/shiny toy. We need a COACH.

Nah **** Zidane, **** getting the next big name/shiny toy. We need a COACH.

I'm pretty sure Zidane is not just a sideline manager and actually coaches as well but I might be wrong. I agree with you though we really do need a world-class head coach rather than *manager* in the stereotypical sense of the word. Then again... LVG?Could argue he might of been dated but he liked to get his feet dirty as a manager on the training ground and coach.

Poch looks like a great man manager and look at some of the players he getting top performance from. Pogba and Martial will be back to being up there with the best.

Back