The Manchester United Thread

There's literally no hype lol. Solskjaer is a stop-gap until we (hopefully) get Poch's signature in the summer. Nothing more, nothing less. He knows the club inside out, and respects the traditions & expectations of being Manchester United. Alongside Phelan, he'll be a fine interim I'm sure, before going back to Molde or what I would guess, a smaller PL or other major league team. We're being his stepping stone, while in return, he gives the club some much needed feel-good factor until the end of the season while we put long term plans in place.

Very much doubt it.

Be good to see how long Lukaku lasts under Solskjaer if his performances don't improve and whether he gives any youth a look in at first team.
Fully expect Lukaku to thrive under Ole. He built his side around a target man at Molde with fast players around him. Expect few but quick passes in transition if his clips from Molde are anything to go by. Likes to play out from the back while getting into attacking positions ASAP. Actually looking forward to football again :)

Gill has been at carrington bein sports had footage. Most probably nothing.

Last edited:
The hype around Solskjaer seem eerily similar to the hype around Mourimho three years ago in this thread.
As has been said this is no where near like the 'hype' of Jose's arrival even then there were a huge number of descenting voices who did not want Jose, the media bigged him up then because they knew he would create headlines. The current 'hype' is more a sign of relief that the Moaning One has gone. As for Solskjaer the fans know he is only a stopgap, a ship steadier so to speak. By giving him the job rather than one of the usual go to caretakers the board realises the importance of getting not just the fans on side but also to get the players onside and pulling together. Nothing is expected by the fans but the removal of the negative vibes currently being experienced.

Think Ole will give McKenna more of an influence now as well, not like Mourinho where he was just there as a puppet. Didn't see McKenna have much of a say in anything under Mourinho apart from set-pieces. He's far more talented than that, got us playing some great football under first-team.

So where do you go if you don't get Poch? Simone? Howe?

Last thing I want is Simeone tbh, great manager but not for United if we're looking to get back to attacking high intensity football. Eddie Howe would be preferable in my view but he'll get eaten alive here by the egos sadly.

Last edited:
Why would he? whats gives you that impression?

Don't know really, just a calculated guess more than anything. When you look at David Moyes stint here, he lost the dressing room after a bad run and looked like he had aged about 10 years in the space of like 8 months he was here. Going from Bournemouth to United is a massive difference as well, maybe he would handle it, I'd genuinely prefer him to Simeone. So I'm not against Howe, I like his management and the way he goes about it, just think it's too big a step right now.

Would love Howe tbh said the same to my mate at work. Think he would thrive especially with the new structure above him.

Simone would be a step backwards he is a good manager but it is clear that his defensive style is not what the team needs. Howe is an interesting prospect TBF but I feel he's not yet ready. Whoever the board end up with they need to make sure it is the right choice this time, someone who can not only deal with established players but also give the younger generation a chance to prove themselves worthy.

Simone would be a step backwards he is a good manager but it is clear that his defensive style is not what the team needs. Howe is an interesting prospect TBF but I feel he's not yet ready. Whoever the board end up with they need to make sure it is the right choice this time, someone who can not only deal with established players but also give the younger generation a chance to prove themselves worthy.

This Simone image "defending manager" is a bit wrong. Yeah he is oriented with that way and likes to play it more in big games, where most people see him. But not lets forget what strikers have blossomed under his hands and they score decent amount of goals, quick looks show 65-70 goals per season in the league.

Edit: Some way he same as Poch, high work rate and structure.

Mourinho: “I have been immensely proud to wear the badge of Manchester United since the first day I arrived, and I believe all United supporters recognise this. I have worked with some wonderful people and I believe that some will be friends for life.” #mufc [Telegraph]

This Simone image "defending manager" is a bit wrong. Yeah he is oriented with that way and likes to play it more in big games, where most people see him. But not lets forget what strikers have blossomed under his hands and they score decent amount of goals, quick looks show 65-70 goals per season in the league.

Edit: Some way he same as Poch, high work rate and structure.

Jose's teams generally always score goals too. Didn't he break 100 goals with Madrid?

We simply don't have the squad or DNA for a Jose/Simeone type manager. We're not built to suffer & score on the break. We need someone who's willing to be on the front foot at virtually all times. High intensity, pressing, combination/wing play, we need Manchester United back.

Mourinho: “I have been immensely proud to wear the badge of Manchester United since the first day I arrived, and I believe all United supporters recognise this. I have worked with some wonderful people and I believe that some will be friends for life.” #mufc [Telegraph]

It'll probably follow with a bitter comment or two down the line, but I maintain it was the job he always wanted. Perhaps "the right man at the wrong time". Would've liked to see how he would've done if he directly succeeded Fergie. Think it may have worked. His style of football is chalk & cheese with the club, inheriting a title winning squad, who knows. Reckon he would've kept RVP, Zaha, etc. May have signed Cesc or someone too.

Think some fans are getting a hit to excited thinking Ole is just gonna start giving lots of game time to the likes of Chong, Gomes, Greenwood etc.

Think some fans are getting a hit to excited thinking Ole is just gonna start giving lots of game time to the likes of Chong, Gomes, Greenwood etc.

Yeah just hope Ole can either improve Lukaku or give someone else a go. Last thing I want to see is another Mourinho style game after game Lukaku doing next to nothing. Same goes for Metic as well really, to be honest especially with Matic I don't really want him in starting 11 most weeks. Should be developing Fred, Pereira, Pogba relationship.

Yeah just hope Ole can either improve Lukaku or give someone else a go. Last thing I want to see is another Mourinho style game after game Lukaku doing next to nothing. Same goes for Metic as well really, to be honest especially with Matic I don't really want him in starting 11 most weeks. Should be developing Fred, Pereira, Pogba relationship.

Hopefully players understand that they need to step up, because changes are needed and if u still slack off you will be cut offed in the summer.

Personally think Mourinho used Lukaku wrong. More so this season. In his first season he was playing more like he was at Everton. Running the channels and being a sniper in the box. For some strange reason he’s started using him as more of a target man.

Personanlly dont think Matic will play half as much. Going off clips and what some Molde fans have been saying he prefers energy and players with creativity in CM either in a 4231 or an attacking 433. One thing is for sure Pogba has no excuses now!

For those wanting an idea of Solskjærs tactical style, here is an interesting article:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/h...solskjaer-manchester-united-tactical-analysis

Last edited:
Back