The Manchester United Thread

Poch looks like a great man manager and look at some of the players he getting top performance from. Pogba and Martial will be back to being up there with the best.

We need to keep them first! By the time Poch comes in could be too little too late in the summer because Martial in particular will only have 12 months left on his contract.

I keep changing my mind about it, at the moment I sway towards Zidane but Pochettino I'd love as well. It has to be one of these two for me though.

We need to keep them first! By the time Poch comes in could be too little too late in the summer because Martial in particular will only have 12 months left on his contract.

I keep changing my mind about it, at the moment I sway towards Zidane but Pochettino I'd love as well. It has to be one of these two for me though.
With Mourinho outta here I wouldn’t worry about those 2 leaving. Both clearly love the club just hated being under Mourinho. Already reports in the last few hours about DDG and co getting ready to sign new deals from Ogden etc :) the cloud is lifting quick.

Ole - the first interview, #mutv from 6.30pm GMT as we build up to tonight’s Under 23 game @ManUtd

One thing being conveniently overlooked by everyone jizzing over Pochettino is that he actively fought against the appointment of a DoF at Spurs. He wants complete control over the footballing side of things.

Also maybe its just me but I think the chances of United getting Pochettino might be close to zero. Highly doubt Levy will let him go to a rival when they will probably be equally lucrative options (Madrid, maybe Bayern) available in the summer. Plus he signed a 5 year contract last summer as well.

One thing being conveniently overlooked by everyone jizzing over Pochettino is that he actively fought against the appointment of a DoF at Spurs. He wants complete control over the footballing side of things.

If we appoint Paul Mitchel as DoF from RB Leizpig I do find it a bit odd because Pochettino didn't get on when he worked with him before. I don't really know the full story though about their relationship.

If he wants to move to a bigger team, not just United, he's going to have to deal with a DOF all the big teams have them or someone who acts as one without actually having the title like Perez at Madrid. Off the top of my head, and it could be way off, Spurs could be the biggest team to operate without one

That's one of the most refreshing manager interviews I've watched for **** of a long time

If we appoint Paul Mitchel as DoF from RB Leizpig I do find it a bit odd because Pochettino didn't get on when he worked with him before. I don't really know the full story though about their relationship.
He liked him enough to bring him with him from Southampton to Spurs and convinced him to sign players like Alli and Alderwiereld so I doubt he'd turn down the job if he liked everything except a DOF if it was Mitchell

If he wants to move to a bigger team, not just United, he's going to have to deal with a DOF all the big teams have them or someone who acts as one without actually having the title like Perez at Madrid. Off the top of my head, and it could be way off, Spurs could be the biggest team to operate without one

I read that as you backhandedly saying ‘Spurs aren’t a big team.

I like it! :D

Great to see Emilio the GK staying on. DDG absolutely loves him and has a massive friendship with him. Will be another key factor in him signing the new contract.

Fantastic refreshing interview btw. Just gets it. So knowledgeable about football around the world and most important. UTD!

Last edited:
Great to see Emilio the GK staying on. DDG absolutely loves him and has a massive friendship with him. Will be another key factor in him signing the new contract.

Fantastic refreshing interview btw. Just gets it. So knowledgeable about football around the world and most important. UTD!

Loved his interview, made everything sound so easy and good. Hopefully the him and the lads can perform on the pitch too!

Just started watching the u23s vs Derby. 1-0 atm to Utd. Great play by Gomes around the box. Slides it to Burkart who finishes smartly with a back flick.

1-0 HT. Very good performance so far. Williams and O’Connor superb at the back. Gomes what a baller. But Burkart has been stand out for me. Very good STR prospect for me. Power, Strength, passsing, link up play, quick as **** and low centre of gravity. Most importantly he’s an natural finisher!

1-1 FT. Derby equaliser came from a cross that got caught in the wind and looped over the keeper. Utd by miles the better team. Final ball let them down at times.

Last edited:
People are getting hung up on names here. It's less Abiut control away from manager, and more about stability. The pair worked incredibly well together in the past. It's going to be a long slog trying to get Pochettino but anyone say it's close to zero is as foolish as anyone saying it's definitely on. It's anybodies business right now. And will be for some time.

Is there any elite level manager that doesn't fight this?

Neil Ryan on Mason Greenwood: "We're a good club for making sure to fight all that hype down, because he's still got a long way to go, let's get it right." "He's had a fantastic four or five months so far and we've got to keep working with him." [MEN}

''We've got great staff looking after him on and off the pitch and ourselves, as coaching staff, it's our jobs to make sure we get him to the next level. It's going to be a challenge for him, but a great challenge.'' [MEN]

Solskjaer has the feelgood factor back. New Man Utd boss tells players to smile again on first day that starts with chocolate for the club receptionist and ends with rousing speech to staff at Xmas party https://mol.im/a/

Back