The Manchester United Thread

· 47m

Solskjaer on permanent #MUFC job: "When you get a job like this and they ask you to sign for six months, you say 'yeah, I'm happy to help out'. Of course, my job now is just for the next six months is to do as well and move the club forward as well as I can"

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: "I didn’t think twice when @ManUtd signed me as a player and I didn't this time either. This is an honour and a privilege."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms he "will have an input" into January transfers. Says he will speak to all the players who don't start at Cardiff and remind them of the need to be team players: "No-one has been on the bench more than me."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he has spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson. Recalled the 5-5 at West Brom and said: "I want us to play with courage, for the players to express themselves and take risks. I want the players to be the kids who love to play football."

Solskjaer adds he will have 'input' into possible January signings: 'They've got their targets.' #mufc

"The players are happy - there's a good mood," Ole says. "Every time you meet new people you're excited. It's my first time meeting a few of them, but there's a few I knew before. They've all been great." #MUFC

Solskjaer: "Lukaku has had a couple of days off. I’ve not seen Alexis either yet. But he’s on his way back. I look forward to seeing them both"

"Michael [Carrick] and Kieran [McKenna] have been great," says Ole. "It's great being back home and seeing the development already. There's so many games in the next 10-15 days, and it's about picking up results." #MUFC

#MUFC caretaker boss Solskjaer on Sir Alex Ferguson: "Ever since my injury in 2003 at least, I was making all the notes what he did at different, certain situations and of course I have already been in touch with him because there's no one to get better advice from"

From his presser :)

Lets be honest, Mourinho was a right old **** to certain players, no professional manager should ever resort to some of the stuff he done. Really glad that the whole black cloud he had over this club has gone.

Solskjaer is really happy to be at United. Players usually like that. If your boss is happy, there's a good chance you'll be happy as well.
I'm gutted I'm going to miss his first game. Worst part is, wont even be able to check the livescore.

Wonder what the reaction would be if Ole comes out in Jan and backs the "dressing room viruses" narrative of some of the players...

Wonder what the reaction would be if Ole comes out in Jan and backs the "dressing room viruses" narrative of some of the players...

I'm backing Ole 100%, if he says that some of the players are viruses like Mourinho, then it proves he was right. In many ways this is a good few months to see whether some of these players such as Pogba will start performing again. If not mayswell get rid in the summer as they clearly don't have any heart for United. If there is any toxicity still in this dressing room, it's the perfect chance to find out now.

Garner and Gomes have travelled with the squad. Don’t expect to see Gomes anywhere in the match day squad. Played full 90 mins last night.

LOL, I swear if this is because of the Jose sacking.... I'll not go in too hard just in case it's a genuine issue, but *IF* it's because of Jose sacking, then it's indeed him that needs to "man up", the "grown *** man".

[FONT=&quot]Lukaku to miss next two games for compassionate reasons according to reports[/FONT]

LOL, I swear if this is because of the Jose sacking.... I'll not go in too hard just in case it's a genuine issue, but *IF* it's because of Jose sacking, then it's indeed him that needs to "man up", the "grown *** man".

Lukaku to miss next two games for compassionate reasons according to reports

Lukaku our for the next 2 matches. Reports his farther has passed after being serious ill the last year :(

And that's why I should read the thread before copying & pasting from Twitter. Devastating if true.

And that's why I should read the thread before copying & pasting from Twitter. Devastating if true.
I seen it on some Belgium site last night. And a few Everton fans have told me he’s been unwell for ages. Even before he joined us.

Lol can’t believe all the Utd fans expected Greenwood to be thrown in straight away and now throwing there dummies out.

People don't realize how massive the jump from academy football to senior is

Yeah but at the same time, Greenwood is one of the most deserving players I've ever seen. He has like 20 goals in 19 games and is one of our biggest prospects in years. He's better than Rashford was at that age, I say give him a go this season at some point, maybe in FA Cup.

Yeah but at the same time, Greenwood is one of the most deserving players I've ever seen. He has like 20 goals in 19 games and is one of our biggest prospects in years. He's better than Rashford was at that age, I say give him a go this season at some point, maybe in FA Cup.
Wilson and Keane were better than Rashford by a mile at that age. Rashford wasn’t even regarded as a top talent in our academy. Rashford isn’t the norm it’s a one off. Everything fell into place for him. Right manager, all out STRs injured at the time, Wilson out on loan. I guarantee Rashford would of had a sniff of first team football at the time.

There are others from the youth more deserving than Greenwood of a shot at first team footy. Garner, Gomes, O’Connor, Williams, Buffonge, Barlow and especially Burkart if your looking at a STR. It’s good Ryan and **** put the damperners on the hype last week, and have a clear plan for him. Like I’ve also said Greenwood has struggled a little with the step up on the odd occasion he’s played u23s. The ability and genuine WC talent is there. He needs handling rightly.

We need a striker more than anything atm though TOD, unless Solskjaer can revitalise Lukaku or can make someone else fire there. I know Greenwood is only like 17, but we shouldn't be letting age get in the way, this is how we have unearthed a lot of great players. Like you mentioned with Rashford, he wasn't even destined for the heights he reached when given an opportunity in the first team! He took it and now look at him, one of the best English players on his day.

Back