The Manchester United Thread

We need a striker more than anything atm though TOD, unless Solskjaer can revitalise Lukaku or can make someone else fire there. I know Greenwood is only like 17, but we shouldn't be letting age get in the way, this is how we have unearthed a lot of great players. Like you mentioned with Rashford, he wasn't even destined for the heights he reached when given an opportunity in the first team! He took it and now look at him, one of the best English players on his day.
If your looking for a STR then Burkart deserves a shot. He’s been posting impressive numbers himself since being here. Is more physically developed. Older and proven in the u23s. Rapid as ****, can dribble not as good as Greenwood or as 2 footed but he is a natural finisher and his hold up play and we’re rate are very good also. With his low centre of gravity he will cause defenders a lot of problems couple with his movement.

Like I said no need to rush Greenwood!

Yeah but at the same time, Greenwood is one of the most deserving players I've ever seen. He has like 20 goals in 19 games and is one of our biggest prospects in years. He's better than Rashford was at that age, I say give him a go this season at some point, maybe in FA Cup.

I’ll see your 20 goal man and raise you two! A 17-year-old Scouse strike partnership on 19 and 17 goals respectively the first half the 18/19’s season. Both with double digit assits to their name to boot. But I intend to do a first half of the year review over Chrimbo so I’ll leave for then.

Just wanted to add. :)

As you were.

I’ll see your 20 goal man and raise you two! A 17-year-old Scouse strike partnership on 19 and 17 goals respectively the first half the 18/19’s season. Both with double digit assits to their name to boot. But I intend to do a first half of the year review over Chrimbo so I’ll leave for then.

Just wanted to add. :)

As you were.
It’s like saying let’s play Shola Shortire because he’s scored a 100gls + in his last 2 seasons in the academy.

It’s like saying let’s play Shola Shortire because he’s scored a 100gls + in his last 2 seasons in the academy.

I’ll raise you that for one of those lads records too coming through. Albeit elsewhere. Mellor was the best. He was banging in 40 a season at the arl 21’s level to go on top of his stupid younger records. And his pro career went nowhere.

This game could run and run haha.

Trying desperately to calm my nephew down who thinks these substandard players are suddenly going to start playing scintillating football and sweeping all before them.

Trying desperately to calm my nephew down who thinks these substandard players are suddenly going to start playing scintillating football and sweeping all before them.

Not really substandard though is it? World-Class GK, One of the best strikers in World Cup, One of the best CB's in World Cup, one of the best French players which considering how much there is, that's no understatement. Sanchez was one of the best players in PL before he came here.

They've been performing substandard, but they certainly are not as bad as people make out. On paper there is so much quality in this squad, it's ridiculous how Mourinho thinks he had it so bad!

I'm not expecting a massive change today but gradual step in the right direction, you're not going to undo Mourinho's reign in one game.

I'm hoping for Shaw - Lindelöf - Bailly - Dalot at least, our "best" ball playing defense I'd say?

Would like to see that, don't see why Lindelof and Bailly can't perform together if given time. Problem is with Mourinho he never allowed it to build because one bad performance and he changes the defence.

I'm hoping for Shaw - Lindelöf - Bailly - Dalot at least, our "best" ball playing defense I'd say?
Not sure if Shaw is fully fit only been training a day or 2 max. Expect Young to start LB if he’s not same goes for Dalot he had a knock also.

If Dalot and Shaw are fit got to have them start for me! Young and Valencia been ***** this season, want them gone at end of season. Don't get why some people still rate Young, he has cost us goals in quite a few games this season. Liverpool and Brighton spring to mind.

If Dalot and Shaw are fit got to have them start for me! Young and Valencia been ***** this season, want them gone at end of season. Don't get why some people still rate Young, he has cost us goals in quite a few games this season. Liverpool and Brighton spring to mind.
Dont mind Young staying another season. Valencia 100% needs to go. Got a feeling Herrera r Young will captain today.

Kinda miss Rafael and Varela tbh, I knew they weren't perfect but just loved their attitude to every game and always giving 110%. As Mourinho would have said, they definitely were mad dogs! They had their flaws don't get me wrong, but still prefer to have Rafael over Young.

Kinda miss Rafael and Varela tbh, I knew they weren't perfect but just loved their attitude to every game and always giving 110%. As Mourinho would have said, they definitely were mad dogs! They had their flaws don't get me wrong, but still prefer to have Rafael over Young.
Rafa and Varela both should of stayed!

Jones :( Matic :( Young :(

Solskjaer probably didn't even pick this 11 lets be honest but seeing those 3 again makes me sad. Metic is a spent force, needs a rest.

Not surprised in the selection. Dalot and Bailly had knocks. Fred doesn’t look fit or sharp enough yet. Great to see that front 3! And Periera on the bench.

Back