The Manchester United Thread

It's almost like if you don't break your players by running them into the ground, they're not bad

All we need now it to convince one of the Man U lot to move Sanchez to the right just once.

Would have preferred to see Dalot getting minutes in this game but I guess bringing on Jones for Lingard makes sort of sense when 3-1 up.

Really impressed with that clinical performance this team looks like it didn't even break out of 3rd gear. What on earth Mourinho done with these players I never know.

Really impressed with that clinical performance this team looks like it didn't even break out of 3rd gear. What on earth Mourinho done with these players I never know.
He shackled their attacking instincts, demoralised the key changing room personalities and constantly criticised players for no apparent reason, need I go on...

Would have preferred to see Dalot getting minutes in this game but I guess bringing on Jones for Lingard makes sort of sense when 3-1 up.

I'm hoping he plays against Burnley as he was real impressive last game vs Brighton. Best performance I've seen from Dalot in a United shirt. Thought Young looked a bit leggy tonight so I can't see him playing again in like 4 days time when we have Burnley.

Where's TOD he must of been buzzing after tonight or maybe he's just stuck watching AFTV.

Basically, we executed José tactics better than José ever did in his time here, bar one game vs Chelsea maybe. Well drilled and frightening in transition. The fact we leave 2-3 players high instead of an isolated Zlatan/Lukaku makes a big difference. Wide player(s) spared from being auxiliary full backs (cough cough Mr Mourinho) and it’s working a treat. Felt like a Fergie away performance.

Sanchez was good, Pogba monstrous in transition, Lukaku was excellent as a wide outball and Lingard left nothing on the pitch, even moonwalked; MJ reborn. Declared the Emirates as his “dancefloor” last night after the game, which hasn’t went down well with gooners lol. People are starting to hate us and our players again and it feels ******* great.

For the record I’n loving it Rh mate.

ALL in for Solksjaer to get rhe gig. But probably for different reasons than you haha.

The PL U18’s Cup quarter the turn of the hour should be a belter for anyone interested.

For the record I’n loving it Rh mate.

ALL in for Solksjaer to get rhe gig. But probably for different reasons than you haha.

The PL U18’s Cup quarter the turn of the hour should be a belter for anyone interested.

This is a really bizarre post. He's only going to get the job if he's doing really well. And to do that he's got a lot of big tests coming up to pass. Which would make him qualified for the job.

Nah I’m still very much Poch in haha. However, the OGS/Phelan/Carrick/McKenna team is probably my #2 choice. You can see between that four of them, they’re just applying United/SAF principles to the side. CL will be telling for me, how well will we compete vs PSG. That and of course, top 4.

Smiles. I’d raher not discuss it. It aggrivates v for some reason.

Heres ti a really entertaining 18’s contest.

Mad how a CB does when he's given more than his first season in English football to gain definitive tags? Or on here, a few pre-season games (I'm looking at you Legend Incredimaria) LOL

View attachment 22774

Was always going to take him time; quite lightweight, tidy ball-player and reads the game as opposed to having any standout physical traits. Generally it's destroyer/aggressive CB's that hit the ground running here, as they don't really need to acclimatize to the physical nature of the league (e.g. Bailly).

^ Having said all of that, I still want Toby or Koulibaly. Get rid of Rojo and Smalling/Jones. Toby/Kouli, Bailly, Lindelof, Jones/Smalling & Tuanzebe would be great.

Nah I’m still very much Poch in haha. However, the OGS/Phelan/Carrick/McKenna team is probably my #2 choice. You can see between that four of them, they’re just applying United/SAF principles to the side. CL will be telling for me, how well will we compete vs PSG. That and of course, top 4.

Indeed. He's got to play probably a half a dozen big games still, though he's currently 2 from 2. More if he's successful in Europe and FA Cup. What's apparent is their ability to coach the players, which has been lacking. Their tactical nous is what's going to be tested.

Back