The Manchester United Thread

God. Don’t say that man. I haven’t seen it but even if it was you’ll be embarrassing z and his selective narking (ala the twitter throngs) of what is and what isn’t. ;)

Pogba got clattered in between two players, it's a big difference Salah today on that one I saw anyway.

Anyone kind of fancy Hudson-Odoi at United? I know it's a slim chance of happening but considering his contract situation if it isn't resolved still in summer.....

Like us to test the waters proper in summer and reckon he'd be good for us on that RW.

Martial - Rashford - Hudson Odoi *faints*

Anyone kind of fancy Hudson-Odoi at United? I know it's a slim chance of happening but considering his contract situation if it isn't resolved still in summer.....

Like us to test the waters proper in summer and reckon he'd be good for us on that RW.

Martial - Rashford - Hudson Odoi *faints*
Rather give Chong the place.

From Di Marzio: Andrea Berta, Atlético's sporting director, considers to sign for Manchester United now Mourinho has left the English club. He has a 2 YEAR renewal offer but he does not know whether to face the English project"

Lots of reports in Spain reporting the same tonight, this was on live radio earlier:
Interesting news.@pedro_morata says Andrea Berta, Atletico Madrid's director of football, is considering a move to Manchester United now Jose Mourinho has left the club. Atletico have offered him a two year contract renewal but mulling whether to stay or go. Leaning towards #MUFC

Sergey Pinyaev spent a week at Manchester United's academy and scored 5 goals last season impressing Nicky **** and the youth coaches.

He also scored 8 goals in 3 games for Russia U16s as a 13-year-old

Just read he’s been invited back on a longer trail again. With the club looking at a future deal.

Juventus have an agreement for Darmian. He will sign for Juventus on-loan until the end of the season for €4m (with an option to buy) in the coming days. Al lot reporting my this in Italy now.

Juventus have an agreement for Darmian. He will sign for Juventus on-loan until the end of the season for €4m (with an option to buy) in the coming days. Al lot reporting my this in Italy now.

Option to buy? Why would they need that? Isn't his contract expiring in the summer?

Option to buy? Why would they need that? Isn't his contract expiring in the summer?
We have the option to extend by 1yr.

Just been confirmed by Juve correspondent about us taking up the yr.

Per il passaggio di #Darmian alla #Juve manca sostanzialmente una formalità. Ovvero: il Man Utd in questi giorni eserciterà il rinnovo per un anno, dopodiché il giocatore potrà trasferirsi a Torino in prestito con diritto di riscatto

Good deal tbf. 4m for loan till the end of season. Not sure what the final fee would be.

Last edited:
Chong isn't on his level
Potential wise there on the same level I would say. In fact Chongs actually a better dribbler and more of a goal threat. Odoi is a bit ahead of him development wise as Chong missed nearly a year through injury. What would be the point of buying Odoi?

Last edited:
Potential wise there on the same level I would say. In fact Chongs actually a better dribbler and more of a goal threat. Odoi is a bit ahead of him development wise as Chong missed nearly a year through injury. What would be the point of buying Odoi?

This aint it mate. I like Chong, but he's nowhere near Odoi. CHO had Danny Rose, the best LB in the PL the last few years, on toast recently, on top of some great Europa League performances. Bayern literally want to sign him to replace Ribery/Robben, that tells you what you need to know. He's a superstar in the making. Chong's a great talent too but CHO definitely superior.

This aint it mate. I like Chong, but he's nowhere near Odoi. CHO had Danny Rose, the best LB in the PL the last few years, on toast recently, on top of some great Europa League performances. Bayern literally want to sign him to replace Ribery/Robben, that tells you what you need to know. He's a superstar in the making. Chong's a great talent too but CHO definitely superior.
I’m not denying Odoi is superior as of now. But Chong can definitely get to the level of Odoi having watched them both completely nag through the youth ranks. Like I said you would expect Odoi to be more developed he didn’t suffer a career threatening injury and nearly miss a year of football.

My original point was why would you sign Odoi at the detriment of Chong who everyone wants to be slowly getting game time.

270d.png
We are delighted to announce Scott McTominay has extended his contract with #MUFC until June 2023, with the option to sign for a further year.

Congratulations, @McTominay10!
1f64c.png

1-0 down after 5. Very soft peno against us. Oh dear 2-0 down after 15.

2-0 HT. We have dominated since there second going close a couple times. Brighton have set 11 behind the ball and hit us on the break.

Team selection all wrong imo. 5 CMs in the starting 11. Balance is all wrong.

3-0. Terrible defending!

Finished 3-1. That’s truely a shock. But only themselves to blame. Worst I’ve seen the u18s play since before McKenna took charge. Midfield was awful passes going astray all the time and no urgency or fight. Defence has always been leaky at set pieces so that’s no surprise. And Neil Ryan made a huge mistake playing Galbraith on RW. He’s a DM and kept coming in and congested the middle and took away any width from the right. Was 100 times better when Elanga come on and was a real danger.

Greenwood for all his ability. Needs to learn how to stop coming deep every time he doesn’t receive the ball. We had no focal point for mostvthe game because he was dripping so so deep. And when he stayed further he looked more dangerous with his skill around the box. Was also dominated physically wise against a strong and resolute Brighton side. He’s clearly not ready to be promoted to the first team yet like some are championing.

Hope this hurts the players. Need to learn they can’t expect just to waltz up as faves and expect teams to rollover for them. Brighton clearly showed they wanted it more and put there bodies on the line and had superior work rate.

Last edited:
I’m not denying Odoi is superior as of now. But Chong can definitely get to the level of Odoi having watched them both completely nag through the youth ranks. Like I said you would expect Odoi to be more developed he didn’t suffer a career threatening injury and nearly miss a year of football.

My original point was why would you sign Odoi at the detriment of Chong who everyone wants to be slowly getting game time.

Next season we need to strengthen that RW position and for me Mata just doesn't work there at all anymore. Yes I agree Chong deserves a look in, but signing Odoi would prove to be a good move anyway. They can battle it out? Considering the contract situation he is in I think it would be a missed opportunity if we didn't give it a go. Plus there isn't really many quality alternatives to sign at the moment in that position.

Next season we need to strengthen that RW position and for me Mata just doesn't work there at all anymore. Yes I agree Chong deserves a look in, but signing Odoi would prove to be a good move anyway. They can battle it out? Considering the contract situation he is in I think it would be a missed opportunity if we didn't give it a go. Plus there isn't really many quality alternatives to sign at the moment in that position.

He still has a year left on his contract, come summer, and Bayern is going gung ho at him. No way in **** are we getting him, ****, Chelsea won't even consider any bid that we make. Why are we even bothering discussing Odoi here?

But yeah, we do need RW options. Pulisic would have been good, I was surprised we didn't even try to make a bid, considering his position of AMR, as well as the American business possibilities. Unless Sancho is an option (there were rumours), but from what I know, he plays in the same area that Martial does.

He still has a year left on his contract, come summer, and Bayern is going gung ho at him. No way in **** are we getting him, ****, Chelsea won't even consider any bid that we make. Why are we even bothering discussing Odoi here?

But yeah, we do need RW options. Pulisic would have been good, I was surprised we didn't even try to make a bid, considering his position of AMR, as well as the American business possibilities. Unless Sancho is an option (there were rumours), but from what I know, he plays in the same area that Martial does.
Yeah Sancho would be fantastic but likes to play from the left. Tbh most good wingers seem to these days cutting in Lozano is another on. Chiesa at Fiorentina would be my choice. Not sure Pulisic is gonna light it up here tbh just a hunch. Yeah the Odoi talk is pointless tbh.

Back