The Manchester United Thread

Big fan of how everyone who causes controversy is being labelled 'Alc' these days lol. That's Scouse, Tyton & Zz in the last couple of weeks. Alc must feel like that kid who's last to be picked for football teams in the school-yard because nobody likes him lol

Big fan of how everyone who causes controversy is being labelled 'Alc' these days lol. That's Scouse, Tyton & Zz in the last couple of weeks. Alc must feel like that kid who's last to be picked for football teams in the school-yard because nobody likes him lol

Indeed, my popularity on a football forum forms a large part of my self-identity.

Lindelof is an absolute warrior and been the biggest positive for me this season, what a player we have on our hands. Bailly was excellent as well, really rate this guy too, every time he has played recently bar the sending off has been one our better players.

There's a lot going for us at the moment, we just need to stay grounded and keep the momentum going. Rhqq got it spot on with how the match went TOD, I thought we executed the perfect gameplay and at the same time still had a few extra gears we could of gone through.

On to Burnley! With a (mostly) rested Rashford and Martial back.

Indeed, my popularity on a football forum forms a large part of my self-identity.

Same, I always tell the ladies I’m considered a modern day legend on a football manager forum, somehow it works even less than you’d imagine it would

From Yesterday

#MUFC lead 2-0 at @LSVStadium after goals from McTominay & Chong!#MUAcademy U23s: #MUFC v Paris St-Germain - Fojticek, Tanner, Ercolani, R. Williams, O’Connor, Whelan, McTominay (c), Willock, Chong, Burkart, Bohui.

Subs: Woolston, Warren, Olosunde, Barlow, Buffonge, Dearnley.

This is what McTominey has in his locker! https://twitter.com/munitedfrvideos/status/1088883511099121664?s=21

2 goals from Chong https://twitter.com/munitedfrvideos/status/1088878701276774403?s=21
https://twitter.com/munitedfrvideos/status/1088884309090598912?s=21

finished 3-0 and we progressed on GD :)

Excellent from the u18s going 2-0 looking hungover from the fa youth cup exit. Pulling it back 2-3 Mengi with a header and Greenwood with 2 fantastic goals. He’s cutting through them.

Super open Cup tie that.

Just too much with 10 men. And a lick of paint of a post away from 3-3. Fine, fine margins.

Thoughs and prayers with Mellor.

As much as I enjoy ******** on Mourinho, this rapid transformation of entire team is highly suspect and awfully resembles Chelsea's problem with player power. They can just deliberately stop playing for several months to get manager sacked and club is helpless to stop it.

Ole is far too green to deal with that **** and in the long run they're gonna eat him alive.

What happened mate? Didn’t see it just reading a few posts sounded like a top tie between 2 top youth teams.

Clash of heads the last minute extra time. Must have been down a good 10 minutes before he was moved the ambulance.

Hopefully it was just precautionary with it being his neck/ head.

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy ******** on Mourinho, this rapid transformation of entire team is highly suspect and awfully resembles Chelsea's problem with player power. They can just deliberately stop playing for several months to get manager sacked and club is helpless to stop it.

Ole is far too green to deal with that **** and in the long run they're gonna eat him alive.

It irks me when people think that our players just stopped playing for Mourinho. It simply isn't true or else he wouldn't of even luted until December. We kept on coming back against teams like Southampton, Newcastle etc. when being 2 goals down.

Mourinho just wasn't managing the team well and wasn't suited to United at all. It happened at nearly every club he has been at recently. When he goes there is an upturn of form, why do people keep blaming our players? It's all on Mourinho for me.

The first thing he does at start of this season is criticise a world-cup winner in Pogba and then it just all went to **** from there. But what did he expect? You can't do that in the modern age, Solskjaer is levels above in terms of man-management.

Solskjaer is actually respected by the players because he doesn't criticise them for no justified reason at any chance he can. That's not to say that things will always go smooth sailing but I can't see it ever getting to a Mourinho toxicity. It's happened at Chelsea, Madrid and United now, the only person who can't see it is himself. Which is why it will happen if he goes to another club, just look at his recent interviews, the man is an egomaniac.

Last edited:

Nah, it was nothing to the extent of Chelsea. If anything, the players playing for him got him longer in the job than he should've. I had him sacked at HT vs. Newcastle, but his "favourites" (lol), Martial & Pogba, had to ******* save him.

There's also clear tactical tweaks that have us playing better. Higher full back's, Pogba not on the bench is a help to, let alone having more freedom. Rashford finally playing #9, more pressing, asked to be more direct but not into a target man, but into space with runners. More men risked forward/positioned higher when we don't have the ball, etc etc.

I don't think this can all be attributed to better man management/new manager bounce. I've actually been quite impressed with Ole's coaching and restoring a fearlessness attitude.

End the season on a high and get Poch in!

Be thankful they did and he lost the changies.

There is only one man to blame and that is himself. He has left a toxic dressing room at Madrid, Chelsea and United. He's an egomaniac so he'll never account for his mistakes and learn from them. Just look at his recent interviews "Drogba is a proper man", he's still firing shots even now.

But anyone who says the players just simply stopped playing for him were not watching us week in, week out. We kept on coming back in games when 2-0 down, that doesn't happen if you're not playing for the manager.

I'm done with Mourinho anyway, last I'll be talking about it is this post.

From the disgrace at Anfield where nobody put an ounce of effort in to running harder than they had all year at Cardiff.

Behave z. They stopped playing for him to get him binned the back end. Which was no bad thing from a Utd POV as he had to go.

And you were far from against gim man as some posts yesterday until this season. Lets not have revisionist history.

Nah, it was nothing to the extent of Chelsea. If anything, the players playing for him got him longer in the job than he should've. I had him sacked at HT vs. Newcastle, but his "favourites" (lol), Martial & Pogba, had to ******* save him.

There's also clear tactical tweaks that have us playing better. Higher full back's, Pogba not on the bench is a help to, let alone having more freedom. Rashford finally playing #9, more pressing, asked to be more direct but not into a target man, but into space with runners. More men risked forward/positioned higher when we don't have the ball, etc etc.

I don't think this can all be attributed to better man management/new manager bounce. I've actually been quite impressed with Ole's coaching and restoring a fearlessness attitude.

End the season on a high and get Poch in!

I still think we should do this but the hype train is chugging so fast now that if Ole keeps up this relatively good form and makes top 4 I struggle to see the board not giving it to Solskjaer. I kind of feel that if we get a DoF and keep this setup behind him there is a lot to like about it. Whelan, McKenna and Carrick is a good combination and seem to be having much more of an impact now also.

If Poch did come in, we should keep some of this staff because they clearly have great relationships with the players. I feel it could be another Moyes situation if Poch just comes in and throws all this current first team coaches out for his own.

Back