The Manchester United Thread

Ole and the coaching staff went to watch the PSG game last night. Really looking forward to Feb/March fixtures :)

Ole and the coaching staff went to watch the PSG game last night. Really looking forward to Feb/March fixtures :)

Subbing off Edison Cavani for Eric Maxim Choupo Moting with then minutes left we you need an equaliser is one of the weirdest subs I've ever seen

I keep getting this burning question in my head, if we did appoint Ole can our board or us as fans truly believe he will be the one that can beat Pep/Klopp to a PL title in next few seasons? For me this is why I'm still reluctant to say yeah just give it him because we can't honestly believe that. However I could honestly see it being done with Pochettino when you consider that he's not far off those two teams with a squad that can't compete in terms of money or depth.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts, but I'm still ultimately wondering where we're going to be this time next season.

Last edited:
I keep getting this burning question in my head, if we did appoint Ole can our board or us as fans truly believe he will be the one that can beat Pep/Klopp to a PL title in next few seasons? For me this is why I'm still reluctant to say yeah just give it him because we can't honestly believe that. However I could honestly see it being done with Pochettino when you consider that he's not far off those two teams with a squad that can't compete in terms of money or depth.

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts, but I'm still ultimately wondering where we're going to be this time next season.
To be honest I don't think Ole is ready for the job full-time but that said we may in a better position come the end of March. If he can get positive results against Chelsea, City, and Liverpool then it will be a tough call between him and Pochettino (I'm not entirely convinced he is the man for the job either but can't put my finger on why or who would be suitable). Most United Fans once the rose coloured specs are removed will probably agree with you on Ole but the way things are going the call to make him a permanent choice are growing stronger after every game.

No decision should be made anytime soon. Far to early. But if Ole carries on like this till the end of the season. Gets us top 4 and takes us deep in the cups. Then it’s a no brainier for me on a 3yr deal. He will know what’s needed, already know the players, plus have a settled coaching staff and structure higher up to help him. It’s not necessarily Klopp/Pep he has to beat its everyone else. Then look at taking as many points off the big too as possible.

Its not out record against the big boys that’s cost us since we win the title it’s teams around us and below us.

Omg. Stop asking this question and let the season play out. It will literally answer itself by the end of it.

If Ole makes top 4 he definitely needs to get a permanent contract. I think the biggest mistake you've made as a club is to abandon traditions of continuity and giving managers time in favor of trying to chase quick trophies. Replacing a guy who's already there and gets results with another celebrity manager who will have to start from scratch is pointless.

If Ole makes top 4 he definitely needs to get a permanent contract. I think the biggest mistake you've made as a club is to abandon traditions of continuity and giving managers time in favor of trying to chase quick trophies. Replacing a guy who's already there and gets results with another celebrity manager who will have to start from scratch is pointless.
I honestly think Moyes would of done ALRIGHT with a bit more time. But he shot himself in the foot binning off all the back room staff Fergie had left him. Losing all that winning experience and club knowledge Phelan would of been invaluable to him. Then LVG shot himself in the foot binning off all the experienced players and most of the players that won the title under Fergie and still were quality at the time. Mourinho just doing what he does. All managers since seriously haven’t help themselves! Hope ole keeps this up then it’s an easy decision for me.

Rio was finished to be honest. But LVG should've definitely keep Evra and make Giggs player-assistant instead. Heck, Giggs could probably still put in a shift even now, dude is a freak of nature.

Rio was finished to be honest. But LVG should've definitely keep Evra and make Giggs player-assistant instead. Heck, Giggs could probably still put in a shift even now, dude is a freak of nature.
Players like Rafael, Nani, Hernández etc. Didn’t make sense to me.

On Mutv this is the team vs Top of league Everton

U18s XI vs Everton: Thompson; Puigmal, Bernard, Mengi, Williams (c); Garner, Levitt, Traoré; Ramazani, Elanga, Greenwood
Subs: Carney (GK), Devine, McGhee, Galbraith, McCann

Utd have hit the bar twice. Pretty tight game till Everton had a man sent off after 15 mins to stupid challenges in succession.

0-0 HT. Elanga and Traore have been superb so far. Ramanzani also having a good game.

0-0 with 10 left. Wasted far to many chances. Even Greenwood missed a sitter from 6 yards onto the bar.

Get in! Greenwood gets brought down in the box. Levitt tools it away coolly. Handbags afterwards as Everton players upset with our celebration :)

Last edited:
Did you watch Scouse?

Nah. Have enough keeping up with our 18’s/ 23’s haha.

Just had it marked down as a potentially pivotal one this year.

Utd- L’pool should be another belter Sat’day morning. Both games this season could well have been draws but for a bounce here and there. Fine margins.

Nah. Have enough keeping up with our 18’s/ 23’s haha.

Just had it marked down as a potentially pivotal one this year.

Utd- L’pool should be another belter Sat’day morning. Both games this season could well have been draws but for a bounce here and there. Fine margins.
Dont know how strict they are disciplinery wise. But it all kicked off after the final whistle. Brandon Williams was to footed after the whistle had blown. Just went nuts threw the Everton player on the floor then looked like he elbowed him on the floor. Then when he got dragged off he got the player and did it again. Then after that was right kick off. Players, coaches, stewards the lot. Funny to watch but surely the FA will take some sort of action.

Jesus. At an 18’s game haha.

I shall investigate tomorrow.
Williams did the smart thing and did one while it was all happening lol. Sure you can get a red after the whistle. He would of defo got one. And the lad that 2 footed him after the whistle should of done too.

Yeah, you can get get a card from the moment you enter the field of play to the moment you leave after the game unless the competition regulations allow wider reaching areas.

Not sure about the youth leagues, but I believe in Premier League cards can be given within the stadium boundaries - hence some shown for tunnel fracas etc.

Back