The Manchester United Thread

First time Pogba disappeared after Mou sack. And in a big game. When United needed him the most. And the got himself sent off. Hmm.
United needs plan B in case Pogba does this again (and he will).

Why are we ignoring everything else he has done though against Spurs and Arsenal and everyone else for that matter we have played thus far. mentioned Pogba even before the tie so it was obvious that his plan was to mark him out of the game, you can't blame him for that. Our problem is not having a plan B like you say, can't always rely on one player.

Last edited:
we did have a plan b but we sold him and more often than not most spat out there dummy when he did play

Think this is bollocks tbh. Didn’t disappear at all. He was the only one trying to make anything happen and was man marked out the game by at least 2/3 players sometimes. And when Lingard and Martial went off injured he had absolutely no one to pass to or making runs for him. He’s been fantastic under Ole and easily our best player against Spurs and Arsenal I fact best player by a mile full stop. Very strange criticism!

Why are we ignoring everything else he has done though against Spurs and Arsenal and everyone else for that matter we have played thus far. Tuchel mentioned Pogba even before the tie so it was obvious that his plan was to mark him out of the game, you can't blame him for that. Our problem is not having a plan B like you say, can't always rely on one player.

No, Marquinhos man marked him for 90% of the game. He was nowhere to be seen. He touch the ball like 2 times in 20 minutes. In last 7-8 games he has played, he was amazing. Its not a direct criticism of Pogba, rather United need someone else to step up when they man mark Pogba out of the game. Because without Pogba, United is mostly toothless.
Also, Martial and Lingard played first half and they created nothing. Martial isnt a creator, he's more of a conductor ( I believe thats a correct term). Not saying he can't be creative, just isn't his main asset. Need someone more who can unlock the teams.

we did have a plan b but we sold him and more often than not most spat out there dummy when he did play

Please tell me you're joking, that's not a plan B it's more a plan Z 'I don't have a ******* clue what I'm going to do other than hoof ball get the tree on and hope for the best'. I'm really depressed whenever a united fan thinks that the solution was ****** Fellaini.

No, Marquinhos man marked him for 90% of the game. He was nowhere to be seen. He touch the ball like 2 times in 20 minutes. In last 7-8 games he has played, he was amazing. Its not a direct criticism of Pogba, rather United need someone else to step up when they man mark Pogba out of the game. Because without Pogba, United is mostly toothless.
Also, Martial and Lingard played first half and they created nothing. Martial isnt a creator, he's more of a conductor ( I believe thats a correct term). Not saying he can't be creative, just isn't his main asset. Need someone more who can unlock the teams.

I agree with you we need an alternative threat in the team I've been saying this for a while, as soon as our left side of the attack is neutralised we don't have anything on the right. All we see is Young on the right and trying to lump in hopeless balls, we need a player on the RW who can beat a man and give teams something else to think about. If we have a direct threat on that right wing as well I think that would solve this. At the moment it's just no width there other than Young because Lingard despite his off the ball movement always goes inside.

Think we can all agree we need more from our right hand side. And more options if Ole wants to stick to this style of play. As for now like the man said himself he’s gonna have to figure out another game plan for when those certain players are.not available.

So Cantona's now the bookies favourite to become our DOF? What the **** qualifies him to even be in that conversation, with all due respect?! Best be garbage talk. How gimmicky would that be ffs

Please tell me you're joking, that's not a plan B it's more a plan Z 'I don't have a ******* clue what I'm going to do other than hoof ball get the tree on and hope for the best'. I'm really depressed whenever a united fan thinks that the solution was ****** Fellaini.

I agree with you we need an alternative threat in the team I've been saying this for a while, as soon as our left side of the attack is neutralised we don't have anything on the right. All we see is Young on the right and trying to lump in hopeless balls, we need a player on the RW who can beat a man and give teams something else to think about. If we have a direct threat on that right wing as well I think that would solve this. At the moment it's just no width there other than Young because Lingard despite his off the ball movement always goes inside.
did i say it was a solution no

So Cantona's now the bookies favourite to become our DOF? What the **** qualifies him to even be in that conversation, with all due respect?! Best be garbage talk. How gimmicky would that be ffs

Oh god, if that's true I have no words, but then again our board is clueless so you never know. My worry with this DoF thing is that Woodward will just use him as a scapegoat for the blame where in reality he might not have the full control of the footballing side of things. This would highlight that and just seems like a marketing strategy more than anything.

There would go your Wan-Bissaka hope la.

Although I’ll be surprised if he’s not City bound since they’ve realised what Tottenham knew all along. Kyle Walker really isn’t that good.

Wtf do the bookies know! From Mitten today: Man United's shortlist for first ever director of football: Edwin van der Sar, Atletico Madrid's transfer whizz Andrea Berta and former Tottenham talent spotter Paul Mitchell are among the contenders for huge job.

According to the Man U app it says they are both out for two games according to Ole. With Martial and Lingard both missing that's a huge loss to this team, especially for Liverpool I don't fancy our chances without them.

According to the Man U app it says they are both out for two games according to Ole. With Martial and Lingard both missing that's a huge loss to this team, especially for Liverpool I don't fancy our chances without them.
It maybe a chance one of the youngsters have been waiting for, after all Rashford only got a chance due to injuries now look at him. However, unfortunately I see Sanchez and Laluku coming in especially for the Chelsea game.

#mufc impressed with Polish teenage trialist - 15yo Zaglebie Lubin CB Bartosz Matuła is back from a trial spell in Manchester. But will return for a second later this year.

Player's father says #mufc will continue to watch the Poland U16/U17 playerhttps://sport.nowiny.pl/sport/148005-bartosz-matula-pozostaje-pod-obserwacja-manchesteru-united.html …

Our recruitment at youth level has been fantastic the last 3/4 yrs. Think we signed 7/8 since last summer that have all just recently joined. Palokowski, Berjger, Kavghnar, Forson, Veevers, Mianoo, Emeran, Norkett, Svidersky. Adrien Corral, Isak Hansen Aröen waiting to be finalised. Sergey Pinyaev over for his 3rd trial after impressing twice already. But due to being Russian can’t sign yet, but he and his farther wants to. We are in talks with to lads from City who decided not to sign on. Hannibal Mejbri who will sign in the summer from Monaco.

Noam Emeran (2002) annonce sa signature à Manchester United ! Bienvenue au club Noam. Un français de plus !
1f1eb-1f1f7.png
#MUFC

Last edited:
Ole has said it likely Chong and Gomes will be involved over the next weeks.

Would definitely like to see Chong on that right side he can't be any worse than what we have been trying at the moment, will at least offer some width at times if nothing else. Not so sure about Gomez atm because I feel we should at least try in a game like this to see if Fred can do anything positive before end of season.

Blaming Pogba vs PSG is outright ******* stupid.
The issue as other have pointed out was not having another fulcrum when he was shut out. He's our obvious midfield threat, and we need to add more to stop teams trebling up

Back