The Manchester United Thread

Stuck with the yanks, they never kill anyone... :p

This story comes out once a year, i think one of the papers has nothing else to do.. least its up by a billion this year.
Yeah usual bollocks. Usually after some financial reports come out we get one of these ***** stories from the Mirror or Sun. **** them taken us over!

Be a **** of a result if we win tonight. Knew our record at the Bridge was bad, but we've won just twice in 17 years there!

Be a **** of a result if we win tonight. Knew our record at the Bridge was bad, but we've won just twice in 17 years there!

Be amazed if we do, even though Chelsea re terrible right now, without Martial and Lingard this team isn't anywhere near as good. Admittedly Lukaku and Sanchez had their one good game against Arsenal but apart from that they've down nowt. You never know though, they may have a good game and surprise us all.

That’s some stat Mike. Could be talking out of my **** here, but do you reckon it’s something to do with how narrow/small the pitch is? I know to some an extra 400sqm mightn't seem a lot, but it is when you're out there. Looking at some of the smaller ones, likes of Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Selhurst and Goodison are some of the toughest aways in the league. Maybe if you’re so used to it, on top of it being closer to the fans, it makes it extra tricky for away visitors.

View attachment 19435

Last edited:
That’s some stat Mike. Could be talking out of my **** here, but do you reckon it’s something to do with how narrow/small the pitch is? I know to some an extra 400sqm mightn't seem a lot, but it is when you're out there. Looking at some of the smaller ones, likes of Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Selhurst and Goodison are some of the toughest aways in the league. Maybe if you’re so used to it, on top of it being closer to the fans, it makes it extra tricky for away visitors.

View attachment 1197867

It could well be. We in particular, have always liked to play wide and stretch the pitch. And when we get results against Chelsea at home it's usually because of our wide players.

Be amazed if we do, even though Chelsea re terrible right now, without Martial and Lingard this team isn't anywhere near as good. Admittedly Lukaku and Sanchez had their one good game against Arsenal but apart from that they've down nowt. You never know though, they may have a good game and surprise us all.

Lukaku will be fine. It's Sanchez that needs to pitch up this season. I'd start them both wide with Rashford through the middle.

Yeah Lukaku our WR would be better imo. Listening to Sanchez interview on the BBC the other day he seems fired up to get things started for himself.

I think Sanchez needs to be played in Sterling’s 17/18 narrow RW role. Think when he’s on the left, he receives, cuts in and sees too much of the pitch, hence why he constantly overplays. Think he’d be better served simplifying his game and just looking for goals/assists. Forget trying to have a Messi type of role. Final third ball hogging goes against the grain of what we’re about under Ole.

Travelling squad

Goalkeepers (3): De Gea, Romero, Grant
Defenders (6): Dalot, Young, Smalling, Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly
Midfielders (6): Matic, Pereira, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Herrera
Attackers (5): Lukaku, Chong, Rashford, Sanchez, Mata

Stop Jorginho and Chelsea fall to pieces. Loads of teams have figured it out.

Would love to see Chong tonight on that right over Mata but that's wishful thinking. Also maybe Fred because at the moment I don't see where we're going with him if he doesn't at least play a few decent games.

I think Sanchez needs to be played in Sterling’s 17/18 narrow RW role. Think when he’s on the left, he receives, cuts in and sees too much of the pitch, hence why he constantly overplays. Think he’d be better served simplifying his game and just looking for goals/assists. Forget trying to have a Messi type of role. Final third ball hogging goes against the grain of what we’re about under Ole.

He literally never ever plays on the right though, it's like written in the contract or something I'm convinced at this stage.

Last edited:
Romero, Young, Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku, Rashford.

subs. DDG, Dalot, Bailly, Fred, Periera, Sanchez, McTominay

Last edited:
The no width team, really disappointed not to see Dalot because you just know Young is playing again against Liverpool. When Dalot has played recently he looks better than Young, what does he even offer apart from experience.

Same setup against Arsenal. Happy with that Lukaku drifting wide leaving Rashford through the middle. Also happy Mata playing central! No complaints here. Dalot has shown so many defensive deficiencies I’m not surprised he’s on the bench against Hazard.

The no width team, really disappointed not to see Dalot because you just know Young is playing again against Liverpool. When Dalot has played recently he looks better than Young, what does he even offer apart from experience.

He's not better than Young ffs. Young is pretty good against Chelsea and Hazard.

The pitch here is narrow for a start. Oh and we don't have any more wide options so stop complaining about stuff you already knew.

Sure. Let's send Dalot up against Hazard in a stadium where we've one twice in 17 years. And let's play chong too.

Sure that will go well on the same flank

Same setup against Arsenal. Happy with that Lukaku drifting wide leaving Rashford through the middle. Also happy Mata playing central! No complaints here. Dalot has shown so many defensive deficiencies I’m not surprised he’s on the bench against Hazard.

Young gets exposed all the time, costs us goals and no one blinks an eye I don't get it! Dalot will be better, already is arguably but needs games like tonight to improve.

I highly doubt Mata is playing centrally, even if MUTV says so.

Sure. Let's send Dalot up against Hazard in a stadium where we've one twice in 17 years. And let's play chong too.

Sure that will go well on the same flank

Well if you can't play them in games like this then they'll never really play because this is our least priority in terms of competition.

Young doesn't get exposed defensively all time.

He's well ahead of Dalot. And no, this isn't a game for learning at this time of the season you headcase. Young should 100% play against Liverpool too.

Dalot is not arguably better. In anyway way shape or form. Can be. Not yet

Back