The Manchester United Thread

Not sure how much he has matured off the field .....

Also there's this .....

Not my taste, and the cigar’s ill-advised, but he’s well into his music and that career he’s setting up for himself after football right?

There’s been incidents. That’s the rub witn such a personality. But not nearly as many as earlier in his career. He appears like Ibrahimovic to me with that unwavering belief in himself as the best, along with being a charismatic , expressive personality, that comes across as arrogant to some and rubs them up the wrong way. The narrative’s written.

Matured in so much as his work rate and dedication are markedly better than when he was at Utd and the incidents are fewer. And by all accounts he has personal psychologists/ a life coach et all helping him develop and control his anger. Not perfect and a says to go but a whole bunch better than he was.

With the obvious caveat of not being able to speak to anyone at Lyon, on the face of it I wouldn’t be scared off by his past when he’s trying to inprove on his future.

LvG, despite bitterness attached, dropped a lot of hometruths yesterday.

LvG, despite bitterness attached, dropped a lot of hometruths yesterday.

Think he was talking whack personally, he says there is no difference between Mourinho and Solskjaer football - calling it 'park the bus'.

Now don't get me wrong there have been games where let's face it we have sat deep, but that's the only parallel. With Ole it's different to Mourinho because he allows the counter by keeping wide playera higher up the pitch.

Not to mention that Ole for the most part has been more expansive for sure against the smaller teams.

I'm not entirely convinced by Solskjaer, but comparing the football to Mourinho is just dribble if you ask me.

Think he was talking whack personally, he says there is no difference between Mourinho and Solskjaer football - calling it 'park the bus'.

Now don't get me wrong there have been games where let's face it we have sat deep, but that's the only parallel. With Ole it's different to Mourinho because he allows the counter by keeping wide playera higher up the pitch.

Not to mention that Ole for the most part has been more expansive for sure against the smaller teams.

I'm not entirely convinced by Solskjaer, but comparing the football to Mourinho is just dribble if you ask me.

That seems to be the only thing emotional United fans have taken from it. Ignoring every bit of sense he spoke and just disregarded it all as “whack” because he said Ole plays counter attacking footy. That epitomises what’s wrong with our club and fans. The glazers need to be OUT. We’re a football club, not a business.

That seems to be the only thing emotional United fans have taken from it. Ignoring every bit of sense he spoke and just disregarded it all as “whack” because he said Ole plays counter attacking footy. That epitomises what’s wrong with our club and fans. The glazers need to be OUT. We’re a football club, not a business.
lol glazers out like thats ever going to happen thay make too much money to sell get over it

Mark Ogden and Ducker echoing what Luckhurst tweet says. Saying we will be signing young potential WC talents and no longer signing players in there late 20s unless they are undoubtedly WC players.

United vs Perth Glory - 13th July (Perth)
United vs Leeds - 17th July (Perth)
United vs Inter Milan - 20th July (Singapore)
United vs Spurs - 25th July (Shanghai)
United vs Milan - 3rd August (Cardiff)

OLE IS AT THE WHEEL

Given they announced it at this stage, seems clear that a) Poch wasn't going to leave Spurs b) he's obviously done a good job on and off the pitch c) they don't want to leave planning for next season too late.

No idea how the next three years will go, but at least it will be entertaining. Need a key centre back, right wing, full back, and to resign herrera and Mata. Chuck Sanchez in a skip.

OLE IS AT THE WHEEL

Given they announced it at this stage, seems clear that a) Poch wasn't going to leave Spurs b) he's obviously done a good job on and off the pitch c) they don't want to leave planning for next season too late.

No idea how the next three years will go, but at least it will be entertaining. Need a key centre back, right wing, full back, and to resign herrera and Mata. Chuck Sanchez in a skip.
This is really good! And it would have been an injustice, had he not got it, no matter what happens in the future.

I don't even mind if Mata goes on a free (I would prefer retaining him). I want DDG and Herrera on long term contracts first. And then Pogba (despite the 2+1 years, as these three are the greatest chances of leaving). Flog off Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez, maybe Jones (and get in Tuanzebe). That atleast gets rid of deadwood.

Think we will go after a FB and CM this season, and maybe a young CB (or Alderweireld, dunno). We desperately need a proper RW too. Sancho would work quite well, yes please. And we get Chong, Gomes and Greenwood involved in the first team slowly. It can shape up quite well, but we need to get this window right. And get a DoF in.

This is really good! And it would have been an injustice, had he not got it, no matter what happens in the future.

I don't even mind if Mata goes on a free (I would prefer retaining him). I want DDG and Herrera on long term contracts first. And then Pogba (despite the 2+1 years, as these three are the greatest chances of leaving). Flog off Rojo, Darmian, Sanchez, maybe Jones (and get in Tuanzebe). That atleast gets rid of deadwood.

Think we will go after a FB and CM this season, and maybe a young CB (or Alderweireld, dunno). We desperately need a proper RW too. Sancho would work quite well, yes please. And we get Chong, Gomes and Greenwood involved in the first team slowly. It can shape up quite well, but we need to get this window right. And get a DoF in.

Nah we need Mata, or otherwise we'll have to sign another versatile player.

Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez are out.

Too class CB to partner Lindelof , Sancho, full back would be a dream in

DOF to be landed

Just don’t get making the decision/announcement in March when top 4 & CL is still very much in the air. Even if I was going to appoint him, I’d let him finish the season on a “you’re hired if you get us CL” mindset.

But hey, we wouldn’t be post-Fergie Manchester United if we didn’t make rash decisions.

Ole at the wheel Ole at the wheel :) fantastic news. Like Mike said above. He’s clearly earned it so far and it helps a lot with the summer and next season planning. Let the fun times role ;)

Nah we need Mata, or otherwise we'll have to sign another versatile player.

Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez are out.

Too class CB to partner Lindelof , Sancho, full back would be a dream in

DOF to be landed

That's true too. I would say Chong, as he can play in all three roles behind the striker, but it's still a bit too early for him, I guess. Retaining Mata for a year would work rather well, but he may want starting time, which we may not be able to give. Depay is an interesting shout if Mata leaves, mind, but his attitude could cause problems in the dressing room.

As for a top class CB, if we are actively trying to get Sancho, I don't think we will be in for a CB this summer (unless Varane becomes available, then I think Woodward will go no holds barred for him). I think Alderweireld is our most likely target at 25 Mn; if not, I expect to see us bring in younger talent.

Full back, we really need to strengthen, but we may just be planning to get back Fosu-Mensah and blood him in, I don't know (considering we have Young as cover/start). RW, no arguments, we sorely need Sancho. There are some rumblings about Lozano too, but I don't know much about him.

Of course, many of these targets are dependent on us getting into the CL. That has to be the top priority. It does feel strange making that statement, mind you, because when Ole took over, there was no chance of it happening. At all. Which again, is a testament to his first few months in charge, it has been brilliant.

Just don’t get making the decision/announcement in March when top 4 & CL is still very much in the air. Even if I was going to appoint him, I’d let him finish the season on a “you’re hired if you get us CL” mindset.

But hey, we wouldn’t be post-Fergie Manchester United if we didn’t make rash decisions.

You can look at it another way too. With the announcement over and done with, the uncertainty in the dressing room is gone, and players know where they stand, and with whom next season. That can help too, with performances on the field as well as contract negotiations.

My wish list
In: Sancho, Pavard and Neves(If James is available, go for him too)
Out: Sanchez, Rojo, Darmian
we can also get depay back as backup

Back