The Manchester United Thread

Congrats to Ole for getting the job. Hope the board provides him structure (basically a director of footbal) and backs him in the market.

Also, we need a plan. When do the board pretend to launch a proper PL title? Are we planning on going back to UCL royalty someday? We can't go on planning season by season without a mid-term game in sight.

Paul Hirst saying Phelan will stay on. But also wants to carry on with his role for the mariners. And a DOF could likely be appointed from within.

OGS: "We have sat down and discussed (targets). We will do the business this summer we need."

OGS: "So many players that have been written about and agents who have been in touch to say their players want to come in. Hopefully we get them before pre-season."

OGS: "Mike Phelan is a key part of the set-up. I know they are talking. I have given my opinion. I think he will continue."

Sounds like transfers are well underway :)

DoF appointed within lol, sounds like Woodward giving himself a new role. I don't even know who else could ****** do it who's there now. Not anyone who knows the role well either so kinda pointless doing it that way if you ask me.

DoF appointed within lol, sounds like Woodward giving himself a new role. I don't even know who else could ****** do it who's there now. Not anyone who knows the role well either so kinda pointless doing it that way if you ask me.
Whelan and Murtough could do the job especially if we are going down the Ole model of signing younger players. Both have years of experience at academy level and Murtough has been in charge of handling and negotiating for players contract renewals and incoming academy signs for a while. If the structure is put in place correctly it could work really well if everyone from Ole and upwards are on the same page. We even have head Scouts that have experience in Director of recruitment roles.

Tough choice, but it's important to make a decision instead of letting speculation run amok for months on end.

Any one of the head scouts tbh. **** ******* Ferguson could do it. Which would be banter

The issue isn't even necessarily Woodward, but his constant leaning on agents and big name signings. Ole isn't really interested in the latter as a target, rather how the fit. And we have enough scouts we shouldn't be looking to rely on agents.

A technical director will be appointed before the end of the summer transfer window to work alongside Ed Woodward and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. #mufc [Telegraph Ducker]

Good. Easy part is done. Lets see how Ole handles the real pressure now.

Good I actually want Lukaku back for these next two games, our front line has looked so lightweight recently that we don't seem to break teams down other than passing the ball in the net.

Last edited:
U18s 0-0 against Wolves atm after 36 mins.

0-1 Utd great play by Brandon Williams down the right with a little run into the box beating a couple of players. Slides it to Galbraith who scores a great left footed shot into the bottom corner. 85 mins gone.

Well that was stupid! 1-1 Get caught out trying to play out the back after just taking the lead. Easy finish for Wolves.

Lol from the kick off. Great play from Elanga puts the ball in to McGee who somehow manages to put it into the top corner with the weakest of strikes.

FT 1-2 Utd. Tbh one of the most boring slowest games of football I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:
I predict a frustrating afternoon with that lineup, I don't get playing Mata in this game over Lukaku either. Thought Lukaku was a certainty today after how well he has played lately, didn't see him vs Wolves. I just don't get it really, same can be said for Fred although a bit more understandable with that midfield.

Back