The Manchester United Thread

Just don’t get making the decision/announcement in March when top 4 & CL is still very much in the air. Even if I was going to appoint him, I’d let him finish the season on a “you’re hired if you get us CL” mindset.

But hey, we wouldn’t be post-Fergie Manchester United if we didn’t make rash decisions.

Because it's clear they aren't gonna get Poch. Given how far off we were from CL, the fact that were even in contention is down to him. We could still finish third.

There will be a 'gesture of goodwill' from @ManUtd to Molde. This may involve a game, although this is still to be agreed. No word on Mike Phelan future as Ole's day and he is under contract elsewhere. He will be staying though I’m told.

On signings don’t expect any over 25/6 yr of age imo.

My wish list
In: Sancho, Pavard and Neves(If James is available, go for him too)
Out: Sanchez, Rojo, Darmian
we can also get depay back as backup

Pavane has just signed for bayern for 80m euros, James is terribly overrated

We don't need depay as back up

Yeah Woodward said that they announced it now for clarity and help with future contracts. Makes perfect sense. Expect a host of new renewals incoming sharpish.

Targets for me. Sancho, Fernandes, Milenkovic or Skrinrar

Not sure why we'd keep Mata, said it before but why do people think he's versatile now? He is slower than a pensioner now and no use anywhere other than no.10. But we don't use a no.10 so why are we keeping him? I don't get why we keep wanting to stick with players that are either not good enough or don't fit the system going forward.

It will only hinder us if we keep these types of players, the squad is bloated as it is and we need room for signings that will improve the team. As well as youth because at the moment there is too many players in their way.

------------------

Regarding Solskjaer, terrible timing in my opinion. This board is clueless when it comes to making decisions at the right time, we've just lost 2 games and are outside the top 4. So now if we do finish the season poorly we're basically stuck with him.

Not as bad as being stuck with this board mind you, where any manager is destined to fail because they still haven't changed what they promised when Mourinho was gone. Sentimental fans will forget all that now and expect miracles next season.

****** **** Zz Not had your porridge or good nights sleep :P we’ve played with an AM behind 2 STR a fair bit under Ole.

Not sure why we'd keep Mata, said it before but why do people think he's versatile now? He is slower than a pensioner now and no use anywhere other than no.10. But we don't use a no.10 so why are we keeping him? I don't get why we keep wanting to stick with players that are either not good enough or don't fit the system going forward.

It will only hinder us if we keep these types of players, the squad is bloated as it is and we need room for signings that will improve the team. As well as youth because at the moment there is too many players in their way.

------------------

Regarding Solskjaer, terrible timing in my opinion. This board is clueless when it comes to making decisions at the right time, we've just lost 2 games and are outside the top 4. So now if we do finish the season poorly we're basically stuck with him.

Not as bad as being stuck with this board mind you, where any manager is destined to fail because they still haven't changed what they promised when Mourinho was gone. Sentimental fans will forget all that now and expect miracles next season.

This... Makes no sense

1) we often play a diamond

2) he's the only player who can cover Pogba at MC, which is pretty ******* important

3) it's pretty important in terms of contracts for some very big players, you know, like De Gea. Players want some stability, especially before they resign.

3) we weren't even close to top when he signed. And now we're easily in contention

The squad isn't bloated in attack.

I've come to the conclusion you'll literally never be happy. Ever

Mata can and has played. Cm, 10, and every wide position. And it's not all about pace. Especially when he's playing 10 and MC. We all know you have. An irrational dislike of Mata, it doesn't make your points against less stupid

****** **** Zz Not had your porridge or good nights sleep :P we’ve played with an AM behind 2 STR a fair bit under Ole.

In fairness we have used the diamond a fair bit but I still think we need a more dynamic player than Mata there now imo. He has had like 1 good game all season and that rewards a contract?

My main issue with this timing of Solskjaer now is that it makes no sense, this is the first real bad spell we're going through in terms of results how the team or Solskjaer himself responds to that? I just don't get after waiting so long to do the appointment, longer than people expected, you now do it during a bad spell. At least see how we come out the other side until end of season and then make a decision knowing what we'll be fighting for in terms of CL or Emmerdale cup.

Also everyone wants a dor. People must realise we were targeting Paul Mitchell because of Poch. So announcing now allows them to chase the right dor for the club

In fairness we have used the diamond a fair bit but I still think we need a more dynamic player than Mata there now imo. He has had like 1 good game all season and that rewards a contract?

My main issue with this timing of Solskjaer now is that it makes no sense, this is the first real bad spell we're going through in terms of results how the team or Solskjaer himself responds to that? I just don't get after waiting so long to do the appointment, longer than people expected, you now do it during a bad spell. At least see how we come out the other side until end of season and then make a decision knowing what we'll be fighting for in terms of CL or Emmerdale cup.

When would you have announced him?

When would you have announced him?

End of season for sure (given last 2 results) wouldn't of done it now because we haven't seen a real negative spell during the Solskjaer spell thus far and how we respond to that. I really want to be optimistic over this but it's hard to see how we're going to topple teams like Liverpool and City with Solskjaer.

Here's hoping I'm wrong but if we did miss out on CL next season then the pressure is unreal because going 2 seasons without CL puts us in deep whizz with sponsorship deals.

--------

All in all, if I go with my heart.... yay Ole at the wheel. If I go with my head, stupid timing and a fairy tale that most likely won't work out.

I'll obviously be backing him, but the real pressure is next season and especially if we're without CL. If we finish this season poorly then we're setup to fail once again. Not down to Solskjaer but the board not having a real strategy. They stumbled across a caretaker manager and now think he will fix all their stupidity.

Last edited:
End of season for sure (given last 2 results) wouldn't of done it now because we haven't seen a real negative spell during the Solskjaer spell thus far and how we respond to that. I really want to be optimistic over this but it's hard to see how we're going to topple teams like Liverpool and City with Solskjaer.

Here's hoping I'm wrong but if we did miss out on CL next season then the pressure is unreal because going 2 seasons without CL puts us in deep whizz with sponsorship deals.

--------

All in all, if I go with my heart.... yay Ole at the wheel. If I go with my head, stupid timing and a fairy tale that most likely won't work out.

I'll obviously be backing him, but the real pressure is next season and especially if we're without CL. If we finish this season poorly then we're setup to fail once again. Not down to Solskjaer but the board not having a real strategy. They stumbled across a caretaker manager and now think he will fix all their stupidity.

So end of season. With players needing contracts signed and transfer targets needing signing off still?

It actually doesn't hurt us. Because we'd need to go two seasons in a row.

And again who would you have got instead of Solskjaer?

So end of season. With players needing contracts signed and transfer targets needing signing off still?

It actually doesn't hurt us. Because we'd need to go two seasons in a row.

And again who would you have got instead of Solskjaer?

It would be 2 seasons if we missed out on CL this season which is a real possibility and then next season?

I wouldn't of wrote off Solskjaer but just delayed it until end of season and then made a choice as we can see how we ended up.

The only real obvious alternative was Pochettino, but a club like United should have a through recruitment process considering a range of managers.

Have we really done that in the space of 3 months? I highly doubt it and if they have it's an incompetent process.

It would be 2 seasons if we missed out on CL this season which is a real possibility and then next season?

I wouldn't of wrote off Solskjaer but just delayed it until end of season and then made a choice as we can see how we ended up.

The only real obvious alternative was Pochettino, but a club like United should have a through recruitment process considering a range of managers.

Have we really done that in the space of 3 months? I highly doubt it and if they have it's an incompetent process.

No it wouldn't. We're in the CL this season. So if we missed out it would be one season.

We have no idea what would happen by the end of season so that's ridiculous to talk about missing twice in a row

You've just said the only real alternative is Pochettino. So again what other managers should we have looked at?

Sounds like the club are getting there **** together imo. And not leaving things till the last min makes perfect sense. Expect contract renewals to be done pretty quick. And don’t think will be long till a DOR/DOF is announced. Think a fair few transfers plans will be all but done very early in the window. Don’t see any down side to this tbh. He’s performed minor miracles getting us where we are now. And the team has shown after the PSG home humiliation that they can bounce back by spanking Chelsea at there place in the next match.

United transfer plans already at an advanced stage and set to intensify now Solskjaer has been confirmed CB, RB, CM, FWD #mufc[FONT=Helvetica, Roboto, Segoe UI, Calibri, sans-serif] [/FONT]Transfer targets for the summer have already been identified. #mufc Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli), Milan Skriniar (Inter Milan) and Joachim Andersen (Sampdoria) are all in contention by #mufc Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi are being considered as attacking reinforcements #mulive

Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez are out.

God ****, nevere expected to think about player names in PL teams.
But reading this, i was like what Sanchez and when did you got him... And then it hit me aaa that one...

Strange that even under Ole he cant get his game together.

Back