The Manchester United Thread

Got to say we have been dreadful today, absolutely Watford have bossed this game. But somehow we are 2-0 up.

After this performance though I'm worried going forward. Yes I know it's all about winning, but we have literally no identity at all last few games.

Got to say we have been dreadful today, absolutely Watford have bossed this game. But somehow we are 2-0 up.

After this performance though I'm worried going forward. Yes I know it's all about winning, but we have literally no identity at all last few games.
Calm ya **** mate jeez. We played **** loads of games like this especially under Fergie after a few bad results. Yes we been poor but we’ve ground out a good defensive win after a **** couple of results. 3points job done plots of players back from injury. On to the next!

Shaw and Smalling good. Jones MOTM easily. Ole at the wheel how good does it feel :)

There's literally nothing you won't complain about is there?

The one thing we do have is identity. We just weren't quite at it today. And still won.

Last edited:
There's literally nothing you won't complain about is there?

The one thing we do have is identity. We just weren't quite at it today. And still won.

Oh come on Mike, what we going to do? Woohoo we played back foot counter attacking football at Old Trafford and took our 2 chances we practically had. Lets celebrate and do the ring of roses.

After Mourinho it was about building an identity moving forward, what on earth tells you we are doing that? Grinding out results it literally all we ever do under Solskjaer lately (I mocked LVG's park the bus comments but he does have a point). I wish people would see through their sentimentality sometimes and just say things as they are.

People keep bringing up Fergie as an excuse, we need to move on and to me this appointment is not moving on at all with football like that.

Not crying at all, but if you think we are going anywhere next season with football like what we've seen last few games then I'm sorry you need to take your tinted Solskjaer spectacles off.

Watford had 20 shots today, we had ****** 4. At Old Trafford I've not seen a team dominate us that badly for a while. No longevity with football like that, celebrate a win today but worry about the future.

If that had of been city or Barca would have been over by half-time.

Good result, bad display. Our midfield let us down a bit today and got dominated by Watford's. Our back four was sharp and denied clear cut chances to Watford, in spite of their pressure.

Juan Mata is a nice bloke, but an odd fit in the team. He doesn't really have end product, doesn't create a lot of chances, isn't a dribbler. He's a good passer, but is not a controller. His technical abilities tends to embellish the game rather than decide it.

but it was not city or barca so wind your neck in good man are you ever happy we have had a few bad games so what it happens how many did we have under mou this season and last

Good result, bad display. Our midfield let us down a bit today and got dominated by Watford's. Our back four was sharp and denied clear cut chances to Watford, in spite of their pressure.

Juan Mata is a nice bloke, but an odd fit in the team. He doesn't really have end product, doesn't create a lot of chances, isn't a dribbler. He's a good passer, but is not a controller. His technical abilities tends to embellish the game rather than decide it.

That's literally the only reason he will still be here next season, but yet people here still think he somehow fits this system. He is totally useless on the right, Solskjaer quickly changed to a diamond to compensate for how leggy he is now. Can't keep up with the game anymore a lot of the time. Especially for 90 mins.

Not crying at all, but if you think we are going anywhere next season with football like what we've seen last few games then I'm sorry you need to take your tinted Solskjaer spectacles off.

Watford had 20 shots today, we had ****** 4. At Old Trafford I've not seen a team dominate us that badly for a while. No longevity with football like that, celebrate a win today but worry about the future.

Tbh mate it’s been 2 games not a few. Despite the Arsenal result we still played well. You need to take the bigger picture into things.

but it was not city or barca so wind your neck in good man are you ever happy we have had a few bad games so what it happens how many did we have under mou this season and last

It's not really a bad few games that worries me kitchen, it's the type of football we are resorting to last several games is very Mourinho-esque. Reactionary and dated style of football. If you take away the Arsenal game (performance wise despite the loss was our best performance, we played on front foot and created many chances). But since then we haven't seen Lukaku or Fred.

I don't know why really because when Solskjaer came in we were playing better football, it seems to of got worse the longer he has been here.

Tbh mate it’s been 2 games not a few. Despite the Arsenal result we still played well. You need to take the bigger picture into things.

Not really, look we can all admit that PSG was a fantastic result. But performance wise, it was smash and grab like virtually all our games have been lately. We sit back and rely on counter.... which is fine but it's not really progressing into a proactive kind of modern football style of football that is going to realistically compete with City going forward next few seasons.

In terms of overall performance the one that breaks this mould is against Arsenal where ironically we actually played our best football and created many chances.

It's nothing to do with Ole you absolute *******. It's yoi ******* and moaning for nothing. You literally whine about everything. You spend all season moaning about Lukaku then complain about him not playing well. When we play well it's only one game. When we play badly then it's the end of the world. It's ******* boring

Ole as honest as always in interview after the game gives me the confidence he knows that a better performance is needed against Wolves. Will be a good test to see whether the team and manager have learned from the last time we got beat by them. Got to start the game with more urgency and get the first goal for me.

It's nothing to do with Ole you absolute *******. It's yoi ******* and moaning for nothing. You literally whine about everything. You spend all season moaning about Lukaku then complain about him not playing well. When we play well it's only one game. When we play badly then it's the end of the world. It's ******* boring

How can we put a bad performance not down to a manager at all, we got dominated and overrun practically all game in midfield by Watford. Sure we can blame the players to a degree but the way we setup wasn't right from the start either. Hence why he then changed to a diamond which made it a bit better.

Last edited:
Not really, look we can all admit that PSG was a fantastic result. But performance wise, it was smash and grab like virtually all our games have been lately. We sit back and rely on counter.... which is fine but it's not really progressing into a proactive kind of modern football style of football that is going to realistically compete with City going forward next few seasons.

In terms of overall performance the one that breaks this mould is against Arsenal where ironically we actually played our best football and created many chances.
We are not good enough to go toe to toe against PSG that would of been madness. Ole got his tactical setup absolutely spot on. Sit in get the early goal and let the pressure get to PSG. That game reminded me so much of when Scholes scored that screamer against Barca were we absolutely dominated.

Like i I said your not taking the bigger picture into account. We’ve been exactly what you say under the last 2 managers. Then you expect us to be transformed into a high energy high press team in a matter of a few months under Ole. Its absolutely no coincidence we are starting to look like a knackered team the last couple of games.

It takes time a full pre season. Extensive training on the training pitch. Not to factor in the insane amount of injuries we’ve had the last few weeks. You need to be realistic mate.

Wow!

We've got a couple of days to get ready." Lindelof missed out after receiving death threats for pulling out of #SWE squad. 'We felt Victor was better off not playing." #MUFC

Yes he does need time obviously, but do you honestly believe that Solskjaer will get us to a title-winning team and overcome managers like Klopp/Pep? I love Solskjaer as a player and person generally, he is as honest as they come. But if we take away the sentimentality of it all then what are we really basing it on? I'd like to know what the board actually thought about this and whether it was just because he has done well over a few months and he knows the club.

I do think Solskjaer has got found out in certain games already and for me (maybe not others) that is a worry. I really want it to work though but I just don't think it will. That's my honest opinion and I hope you can quote this when we have won the league under him. I'd as happy as anyone to be proven wrong. This job is one of the toughest in football at the moment (to get us back to where we want to be), so I'm not saying it lightly.

There are a lot of questions at the moment, even with players. You could say that Pogba and Herrera's head was elsewhere today, I've seen people blame that on their performance.

But ultimately 3 points is the most important, a very good test for Solskjaer's management and the team is against Wolves on Tuesday to see how it goes compared to last time.

Yes he does need time obviously, but do you honestly believe that Solskjaer will get us to a title-winning team and overcome managers like Klopp/Pep? I love Solskjaer as a player and person generally, he is as honest as they come. But if we take away the sentimentality of it all then what are we really basing it on? I'd like to know what the board actually thought about this and whether it was just because he has done well over a few months and he knows the club.

I do think Solskjaer has got found out in certain games already and for me (maybe not others) that is a worry. I really want it to work though but I just don't think it will. That's my honest opinion and I hope you can quote this when we have won the league under him. I'd as happy as anyone to be proven wrong. This job is one of the toughest in football at the moment (to get us back to where we want to be), so I'm not saying it lightly.

There are a lot of questions at the moment, even with players. You could say that Pogba and Herrera's head was elsewhere today, I've seen people blame that on their performance.

But ultimately 3 points is the most important, a very good test for Solskjaer's management and the team is against Wolves on Tuesday to see how it goes compared to last time.
That **** always get thrown out by fans when a player is linked away. How about it was just a bad performance and Herrera has been injured. What exactly did Pep achieve before he was Barcelona manager and then made his name there. Yes I do believe Ole can win us the title against those 2. Since he’s been here he has more points than both and would have us sat top of the league.

Hes got got everything to make himself a top manager imo. He’s a massive student of the game with years as a top flight player and almost 10yrs in coaching and managing. If he’s backed rightly and given the time to change us on how he thinks we should be playing then I have no doubt in my mind we will be challenging in a yr or 2 tops. Not to mention the small fact of the team he has around him Phelan especially.

That **** always get thrown out by fans when a player is linked away. How about it was just a bad performance and Herrera has been injured. What exactly did Pep achieve before he was Barcelona manager and then made his name there. Yes I do believe Ole can win us the title against those 2. Since he’s been here he has more points than both and would have us sat top of the league.

Hes got got everything to make himself a top manager imo. He’s a massive student of the game with years as a top flight player and almost 10yrs in coaching and managing. If he’s backed rightly and given the time to change us on how he thinks we should be playing then I have no doubt in my mind we will be challenging in a yr or 2 tops. Not to mention the small fact of the team he has around him Phelan especially.

I hope your right mate, to be honest our midfield has been poor last few games, definitely needs improvement in the summer. Doucoure be a decent signing, he ran that game today.

On to Wolves though and hopefully a bit more of a convincing performance.

Back