The Manchester United Thread

Well that doesn’t make any sense and is rather stupid. Might as well not sign anyone then!

Why? These clubs just totally have 2 different philosophies. The way they play is so much different and you guys will get so frustrated by Ziyech, because he wastes a lot of chances (however creates a lot aswell). That is why he'd fit with a team which will be playing around the opponents box a lot and/or who are gegenpressing.

A Van de Beek could fit United (but I think he'd fit nearly all teams), but he'll need 1 more year at Ajax to make the step conveniently. A Neres would fit aswell. He might look sometimes a bit dreamy (his face), but would actually be really good for United. He's fast, direct, has a dribble and produces a lot of assists and goals.

If you want a recent example ToD: Blind was not good enough for United, but with Ajax he thrives in the CL. It is because of the different playstyle.

Why? These clubs just totally have 2 different philosophies. The way they play is so much different and you guys will get so frustrated by Ziyech, because he wastes a lot of chances (however creates a lot aswell). That is why he'd fit with a team which will be playing around the opponents box a lot and/or who are gegenpressing.

A Van de Beek could fit United (but I think he'd fit nearly all teams), but he'll need 1 more year at Ajax to make the step conveniently. A Neres would fit aswell. He might look sometimes a bit dreamy (his face), but would actually be really good for United. He's fast, direct, has a dribble and produces a lot of assists and goals.

If you want a recent example ToD: Blind was not good enough for United, but with Ajax he thrives in the CL. It is because of the different playstyle.
Blind was good enough for Utd and should not have been sold. Can’t remember him having many bad games maybe a couple tops. Ziyech would be perfect. Works hard ready for the step up and like you says creates lots of chances. We create naff all lol especially from the right. CM is the most important for me. Well after sorting the fitness out. We need to start controlling games again!

Blind was the beating heart of LVG's United. He didn't fit Morinho's philosophy, as the manager himself told before even the start of the season.

And to be fair the only consistent performer we had over the last 4 seasons is De Gea. It shows how fcking clueless wr have been.

De Ligt, Van de Beek, Ziyech, David Neres. Each one of them would improve our squad. ****, i'd even take Tadic.

Btw, Pocchetino did a **** of a job at Tottenham. May be a few managers in his level, but no one above him right now.

Mehn, if Poch wins the UCL, I'm gonna kicking myself all night.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Why exactly are we crying about it? The Board probably tried for Poch, but maybe couldn't get him. Plus, he may not have wanted to leave then, and there was no guarantee he would do so once the season got over.

Wait that long, and then you are already four steps behind the market when it opens, because you have to appoint the coach then, and then figure out his targets and playing style and move on. Could have been more suicidal, especially considering we already seem to be a step behind anyway.

I believe you've just contradicted yourself here. You said no Ajax player would be suitable for United but, here you've just said Van de Beek and Neres would fit! Make your mind up!

I believe you've just contradicted yourself here. You said no Ajax player would be suitable for United but, here you've just said Van de Beek and Neres would fit! Make your mind up!

True, I said I don't think they'll reach their full potential there. They might still do a decent job. Then I thought about it 2 more minutes and thought those 2 would actually fit. I'm not afraid to change my mind :)

Btw, Pocchetino did a **** of a job at Tottenham. May be a few managers in his level, but no one above him right now.

I can think of two that are the ‘small’ matter of 8 and 9 wins above him currently. ;)

One with little more resources on incomings than he’s had.

Highly doubt Aldiweireld is even an option now for us, he's not going to leave Spurs to come here now we're not in CL. He'll have plenty of offers elsewhere anyway.

Think its around £21 million isn’t it all told?

Netspend last 5 years. 19th... insane.

690.jpg

Way more recently, in the time Spurs have signed Lucas Moura you've signed Van Dijk, Keita, Fabinho, Allisson....... no comparison really.

The point still stands that this frugal Tottenham team is little different to Liverpool's. How he's chosen to spend the money is irrelevant but there's still on a £21 million or so difference.

Outside of the last two windows, we had a negative spend every one under Klopp.

Last edited:
Back