The Manchester United Thread

Nicky ****: “Axel is a very talented boy, who we do believe is going to have a very good career at Manchester United. There is no point sitting around not playing football and he’s gone to Aston Villa, who are a big, big club and he’s doing well.” #mufc [MU]

Time to watch the POTY awards :)

Sounds like a lot of players have voted for Shaw. Fair shout imo. Weird seeing Woodward and Fletcher talking so much in the build up!

Last edited:
Ole just confirmed there will definitely be youth involved on Sunday 100% and that they will get a chance next season.

Jeffrey Boycott won’t be invited back to the awards ever again! Why in all that’s holy did they get him to speak lmao!!

Mason Greenwood wins u18s player of the year.

Tahith Chong wins u23s player of the year. 2nd year running winning one of the awards.

Periera wins goal of the season for goal against Saints.

Mike Phelan speaks
“Ole’s doing his best at the moment to make sure that structure is in place.... it bodes well for the future and gives a little insight as to what’s required.”

Darren Fletcher: "It's definitely exciting times going forward for #mufc." #mulive [mutv]

Luke Shaw wins players player of the year award.

Andreas Pereira confirmed that he won’t be sold and Ole has told him he will definitely play a big part next season.

Katie Zelem wins the first women’s player of the year award :)

Luke Shaw wins fans player of the year award.

Ed will be happy Adidas rep confirms that they will be staying with Utd for the for sealable future and talks of a new deal has already been discussed and big things are planned.

Ole in his speech tells the players the hard work starts now. And work towards next season is well underway.

Last edited:
Jeffrey Boycott won’t be invited back to the awards ever again! Why in all that’s holy did they get him to speak lmao!!

Everything he said was spot on though, this is why I can't stand MUTV it's full of propaganda BS and they do their best to hide anything that slightly goes against the club. It doesn't reflect the fans at all, fair play ol' Boycott for putting it out there.

It HAS been a terrible season (he said disappointing) and Solskjaer DOES lack experience in top flight fotballl whether we like to admit it or not. Yeah he had a spell at Cardiff but apart from that what else? I don't count Molde or reserves. Thats not me bringing it up again btw, just agreeing with Boycott, only one on there who actually spoke some sense and reality about our situation.

MUTV player awards should have been cancelled for first team, noe of them deserved it. It's all well and good getting puppets in front of a screen and saying 'Man Utd is great right now, we're really building for next season'...... where is the evidence?? Where is the Technical Director or background changes that were supposedly happening after Mourinho lett?

All in all I can't stand MUTV as you can tell or that awards ceremony as you can tell!

Last edited:
This Daniel James looks a tidy little player
Reminds me of young Bale. Absolute rapid!

We are delighted to announce the appointment of @Mike_Phelan_1 as our new assistant manager. #MUFC

3yr deal!

BREAKING: Manchester United are close to agreeing a deal to sign Swansea City winger Daniel James for £15m

Some good news at last. Zzeezzy smile :P

Last edited:
Hopefully turns out to be an Andy Robertson/Dele Alli etc. type of bargain.

Can he only play in Martial's position or can he play right too?

Seen a few highlights of him on the right looks just as comfortable. Especially cutting in on his left which is his natural foot.

Oeh we could have used him these playoffs... F*** Swansea

But yes, he can play all front three and behind striker, but would say right side is his weakest. But can make it up with pace and learn the position.

OGS confirms @anto_v25 will 'hopefully' play for Man Utd on Sunday. Also says younger players will play. (Assume Greenwood, Chong).

OGS on Daniel James: "I can’t comment on every individual signing. I don’t like managers talking about my players. I wouldn’t talk about anyone else’s. We have identified players who fit Man Utd squad. Let’s hope we can get them over the line."

OGS does not expect a @ManUtd title challenge next season: "I have been quite honest, challenging for the title would be miraculous next season. This summer is about players who last here for many years. We have never been a ready made club. That will always be the model here."

Fair play if we pull this off, exactly the direction I want to see our signings going this summer! No big money corporate market selling players just for the sake of it. Build for the future with hungry players who want to be a success here. Not playing for the money and nothing else.

Seen a few highlights of him on the right looks just as comfortable. Especially cutting in on his left which is his natural foot.

There's no chance he's left footed from what I've seen of him mate. What makes you think he's left?

Oeh we could have used him these playoffs... F*** Swansea

But yes, he can play all front three and behind striker, but would say right side is his weakest. But can make it up with pace and learn the position.

There's no chance he's left footed from what I've seen of him mate. What makes you think he's left?
Few highlights I’ve seen on Swansea site and match clips from YT showed him using his left quite a lot. Also remember City in the cup he used his left a fair bit. Could be comfortable with either which would be a bonus! This from a 56 yr old Swansea fan I was speaking to about him.

"So you have come to grab our winger. I kind of suspected this would happen because of how highly Giggs rates him".

"I dont throw around the word "world class" generously, but this guy is going to reach that level. At the start of the season we saw his brilliant pace and technique, but also a guy with absolutely zero end product. Slowly but surely through the magic of Graham Potter, Dan James has become more and more efficient in and outside the box. These last months he has caused our opponents several red cards".

"But you know, end product and technique and all that aside; his pace is the truly abnormal thing. I've never seen a quicker footballer ever, simple as that".

It looks like a Scouse scouting report. All you needed to throw in was 'RAPID'

It looks like a Scouse scouting report. All you needed to throw in was 'RAPID'

I would say rapid would suit in his case

Bad quality but you get the point.
[video=youtube;H5DNUJLmNH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5DNUJLmNH4[/video]

Sessegnon, Clarke, James.. press love a winger in the championship.

Asked Solskjaer about Herrera: 'Ander might play, I don’t know yet. We haven’t picked the team and he’s probably going to announce himself later on where he’s going to continue his football.' #mufc

Sessegnon, Clarke, James.. press love a winger in the championship.

Take me back to the Zaha vs. Tom Ince hype days.

On that, still maintain the former should never have been sold.

Back