The Manchester United Thread

Daley Blind showing why you guys probably sold him with that second half performance. He was bullied by Llorente couldn't hack the physicality of the PL and it showed.

Daley Blind showing why you guys probably sold him with that second half performance. He was bullied by Llorente couldn't hack the physicality of the PL and it showed.

He was virtually never exposed for his physical shortcomings in almost 100 appearances in the PL, including consistently pocketing Lukaku among others. Was so, so good at playing to the percentages and knowing how to avoid wrestling matches, foot races etc. whilst still containing CF's. So are we really going to ignore all of that in favour of coming to rash, recency-bias-filled conclusions based on one half of football?

He was sold by Jose because he was 1.80 and slow. He wasn't interested in how he compensated it, he was always going to be just small and slow in his eyes. Maybe instead of crying about how he had nobody to build from the back to be able to play like Spurs/Liverpool/City, he should've kept & used Blind more, huh?

He was virtually never exposed for his physical shortcomings in almost 100 appearances in the PL, including consistently pocketing Lukaku among others. Was so, so good at playing to the percentages and knowing how to avoid wrestling matches, foot races etc. whilst still containing CF's. So are we really going to ignore all of that in favour of coming to rash, recency-bias-filled conclusions based on one half of football?

He was sold by Jose because he was 1.80 and slow. He wasn't interested in how he compensated it, he was always going to be just small and slow in his eyes. Maybe instead of crying about how he had nobody to build from the back to be able to play like Spurs/Liverpool/City, he should've kept & used Blind more, huh?
If you say so you've watched him more than I have so i'll take your word on it. Although what's happened with Bailey he was one of the standout CB in his debut season and now out of favour?

If you say so you've watched him more than I have so i'll take your word on it. Although what's happened with Bailey he was one of the standout CB in his debut season and now out of favour?

He never really recovered from that knee injury. It all went downhill from there.

Central Coast Mariners have said today they are still waiting for talks to finish between Phelan and Utd about the Directors role.

In terms of ability, he should be up there with the best by now. In terms of decision making (and possibly IQ in general), he's not helped his case. Losing runners/not being switched on (e.g. PSG 1st leg), nonsensical lunges, etc. Possibly confidence related too.

The point still stands that this frugal Tottenham team is little different to Liverpool's. How he's chosen to spend the money is irrelevant but there's still on a £21 million or so difference.

Outside of the last two windows, we had a negative spend every one under Klopp.

You have bought and shuffled more players. Yes in fact there are morons who buy Bentekes(30mil) and Couthinios(140mil), that has been good edge for you. Add to the fact like you say players want to join Pool more than other clubs.

Lets not forget that they just build new stadium also. This would risk and effect every club financial.

But I have already understand that anything Spurs does wont be accepted by Pool fans(read enough topics in Pool reddit, other forum topics)

L'pool have bought more what now?

I think you'll find we haven't.

It's plain facts Bujakaa. This is no anti-Pochettino/ 'Spurs thing.

This. The kind of intelligent defender Solskjaer would kill for right now.

He would probably be playing DM for us

I disagree. Part of me believes LVG's structure masked Blind's deficiency (for the most part) just as it did for Mike Smalling. He hasn't looked like the same player since then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

how reliable a source is ian mcgarry?claims a fee has been agreed for dybala.Not one to believe anything i read but thought id ask

Netspend last 5 years. 19th... insane.

690.jpg

180m less.. ****.

how reliable a source is ian mcgarry?claims a fee has been agreed for dybala.Not one to believe anything i read but thought id ask
Baldy Egg head was saying the same all weekend. Would be happy but not believing anything.

Also Spurs' finances cant be compared to Liverpool, let alone the Manchester clubs. They are by far the "paupers" of the top 6. when you look at the overall finanical numbers, its not even up for debate

Also Spurs' finances cant be compared to Liverpool, let alone the Manchester clubs. They are by far the "paupers" of the top 6. when you look at the overall finanical numbers, its not even up for debate

They have just posted record profits for any football club in history. And earned upwards of £90 million for the run to Madrid so they're moving up there. Which will be boosted further next year after the first year the new ground.

But regardless, absolutely. Which I, for one, wasn't doing.

Last edited:
MEN poll suggests the fans think vic lindelof should be our player of the year.sounds about right doesnt it?i think shaw performed well certainly his best season for us overall and i do really like mctominay but hasnt featured that much.

MEN poll suggests the fans think vic lindelof should be our player of the year.sounds about right doesnt it?i think shaw performed well certainly his best season for us overall and i do really like mctominay but hasnt featured that much.
Fair call, actually. He improved massively under Solskjaer, and hasn't dropped off. ****, one part of the CB conundrum is done, just need to find him a reliable partner. Honestly, if we can get Alderweireld, I would be happy.

Also, ecstatic at Dybala if it happens (not that I have my hopes high. Have a stinking feeling Madrid or someone else will be in for him). Kicker will be if Juve manage to get Joao Felix, Dybala will be forced to move. He is the kind of forward almost any manager would crave - a creator as well as a scorer//

True, I said I don't think they'll reach their full potential there. They might still do a decent job. Then I thought about it 2 more minutes and thought those 2 would actually fit. I'm not afraid to change my mind :)
At last someone who is willing to admit on reflection things aren't always what they first seem. There are too many round here who aren't flexible enough to do that.

Sounds like that’s who the players are gonna vote for at there award ceremony tonight. Greenwood to get u23, Levitt u18, Mollie Green to get the women’s imo.

Back