The Manchester United Thread

OGS in prog: “It may be end of season but this is where our journey begins. We are all going to work our socks off the moment we get back for pre-season. There will be a few changes in personnel but whoever is here we need to see a fitter, sharper hungrier @ManUtd next season.”

United squad that arrived at the ground exactly the same as last night’s reported by MEN. No Herrera, but he is coming to the game. No Shaw, Lukaku, Matic or Sanchez, either. #mufc

Mason Greenwood in starting 11. Garner and Gomes on the bench. No Chong unfortunately.
Nevertheless, plenty of reasons to watch this game.

Mason Greenwood in starting 11. Garner and Gomes on the bench. No Chong unfortunately.
Nevertheless, plenty of reasons to watch this game.

Plenty of reasons? Most people expected more than 1 youth starting. Don't see why we didn't just stick Garner and Gomes in as well, see what they bring in a nothing game. I'm more excited to see Garner and Gomez than Pereira, no offence to him.

Plenty of reasons? Most people expected more than 1 youth starting. Don't see why we didn't just stick Garner and Gomes in as well, see what they bring in a nothing game. I'm more excited to see Garner and Gomez than Pereira, no offence to him.
Bug off with your misery.

Bug off with your misery.

True though, don't get at all how Chong isn't in the squad because pretty sure he travelled. Considering he was one of our bright sparks last week against Huddersfield.

True though, don't get at all how Chong isn't in the squad because pretty sure he travelled. Considering he was one of our bright sparks last week against Huddersfield.
Chong got injured yesterday in the last training session. He was gonna start shame but it happens.

Hope to see changes at half-time, **** off back to Abu Dhabi Lingard, been useless for months now. As have most of them to be honest, Greenwood the only bright spark.

lETS SEE gARNER, gOMEZ AND ANYONE ELSE WHO ACTUALLY FANCIES PLAYING FOR THE SHIRT. Some of these clowns shouldn't even have the privilege to put the shirt on again.

Last edited:
I'm not even watching them :D
I've two screens going with the important matches on.

Oh surprise surprise, Jones is being subbed as he is struggling with another ****** injury. The cycle of Jones. *facepalm*

Look what Mahrez, a bench player for Man City, is able to do. We barely have players in our first 11 who are able to do that, let alone in the bench. Unbelievable that some fans and the board are averse to signing two players for the same position.

Look what Mahrez, a bench player for Man City, is able to do. We barely have players in our first 11 who are able to do that, let alone in the bench. Unbelievable that some fans and the board are averse to signing two players for the same position.

Mahrez cost 60m and has been average for them. Not sure I'd be using one highlight as an example.

Also that second goal is criminal. Basic errors

Mahrez cost 60m and has been average for them. Not sure I'd be using one highlight as an example.

Ah now Mike??
Just make instant observations on what your brain has absorbed in the last few seconds.
Don't be making sense XD

The point being that he has the creativity and the technical quality to do that even if he's somewhat a third choice in his position, whilst we don't even have a RW despite being the third most expensive squad in Europe. To some players, you can allow space and time that nothing will happen outside the box.

The point being that he has the creativity and the technical quality to do that even if he's somewhat a third choice in his position, whilst we don't even have a RW despite being the third most expensive squad in Europe. To some players, you can allow space and time that nothing will happen outside the box.

We have the players to do that. The issue is that they havent done it anywhere near enough. You can't solve everything by moaning about transfers.

This isn't football manager lads. We could buy 6 new players, but if the mentality and conditioning of the whole side doesnt change then it means ****.

The one big plus is that we have a manager who actually coaches. A lot of work to be done. And I suspect plenty of players will be seeing the door

I know we don't boo our players, but everyone at OT today should have gave the lot of them both barrels and make it 100% clear that this is unacceptable. Its bad enough losing away to already relegated Huddersfield but to lose at home in the final game to already relegated Cardiff is just taking the ****.

I know we don't boo our players, but everyone at OT today should have gave the lot of them both barrels and make it 100% clear that this is unacceptable. Its bad enough losing away to already relegated Huddersfield but to lose at home in the final game to already relegated Cardiff is just taking the ****.

Didn’t watch. How did the youngsters get on? Literally a nothing game and people still losing there **** lol!

The problem isn't quality or tactics. It's attitude and it stank out there. I hope and expect pre season to be brutal, because they dont know what it means to play at United right now. We know they are capable, because we saw it for 2 months where they were thrashing teams left right and centre. That's what makes it all the more damning

Didn’t watch. How did the youngsters get on? Literally a nothing game and people still losing there **** lol!
Because we were ****. People are entitled to lose their **** at this point, ToD. I'm completely on-board with Mike's point, mind, just that our players have been disgraceful, and I'm not talking about their form, but their mentality. They have just given up.

I'm still cautioning patience regarding transfers, and patience regarding Ole, in giving him a proper pre-season. But that still doesn't excuse the **** performance that our current team have been turning up. Gah. This is beyond them being fried out with high pressing and low conditioning. This is them not giving a ****. And that, no matter where, is unacceptable.

Back