The Manchester United Thread

Reminds me of Lakers when Dr. Buss died. Wrong people took over and its a major mess for last 6 years. At least Lakers will always have LA as a major thing to attract the bball players. What can United offer beside of history and completely disfunctional hierarchy?

Just add old and then retired Bryant there also. Basically their Ronaldo. It has been shame to look at them truly

We have completed signing of Isak Hansen-Aarøen from Tromsø. His only 14 years old been in trial a few times an really impressed. Nearly went through in Jan but clubs couldn’t agree on the compensation at the time.

Neutrals the world over knew this season was going to be a ******* disaster for Man United. But what we found out is that instead of players just laying down tools because they are unhappy with the manager, there is something rotten in the team. A bright spot is that United did not finish that far out of the top 4 and a return to the tup 4 should be easy if they are ruthless and cut out the cancer and make a couple of good signings. Making a run at Man City and Liverpool are a long ways away.

It turns out Scouse was right all these years - United really did become a new Liverpool. Fallen giant obsessed with reliving past glories. The entire operation needs to be rebuilt top to bottom.

It turns out Scouse was right all these years - United really did become a new Liverpool. Fallen giant obsessed with reliving past glories. The entire operation needs to be rebuilt top to bottom.

This is why I wasn't keen on Solskjaer in the first place, it's clear the decision to make him permanent screwed our season as well the timing of it,. As soon as he was appointed permanently the players took a time out and were back on la la land again.
,it is all built around the past once again. Phelen as assistance. Carrick as coach, the DOF now suddenly has to be someone who knows United as well like Fletcher. It's such dated mentality,

Talk about inexperienced manager at top level, apart from Phelan you've got a naff coaching team and no structure at present above them. Talk of Fletcher because he knows United.... I despair.

So 8 losses in the past 12 games huh?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

If this season continued we'd be more of a relegation team than a top 6 fighting team with our form. No clean sheets in like 15 games.
Mourinho had to go but things were never this bad in terms of form. None of the basics are right at United and this for me is deeper problems than just the players. If we think next season a few signings and players being hungry again will turn us around then I'm deeply worried.

Last edited:
This is why I wasn't keen on Solskjaer in the first place, it's clear the decision to make him permanent screwed our season as well the timing of it,. As soon as he was appointed permanently the players took a time out and were back on la la land again.
,it is all built around the past once again. Phelen as assistance. Carrick as coach, the DOF now suddenly has to be someone who knows United as well like Fletcher. It's such dated mentality,

Talk about inexperienced manager at top level, apart from Phelan you've got a naff coaching team and no structure at present above them. Talk of Fletcher because he knows United.... I despair.

If this season continued we'd be more of a relegation team than a top 6 fighting team with our form. No clean sheets in like 15 games.
Mourinho had to go but things were never this bad in terms of form. None of the basics are right at United and this for me is deeper problems than just the players. If we think next season a few signings and players being hungry again will turn us around then I'm deeply worried.

Eh? The fact that the players stopped playing isn't his fault. Absolutely mad thing to blame on him. If they have a **** mentality then you get rid. You don't blame the manager

Zz I know you love something new and shiny but Carrick isn't some link to the past, Phelan is a highly experienced assistant manager who should never have been released in the first place. If Moyes had kept him, he might still have a job. The managing unit isn't really the issue here. The playing attitude isn't. And then the DOF situation.

I don’t know how giving Ole screwed up our season. **** me of all the things to blame him for lol. That’s all on Mourinho and partially Woodward but mostly Mourinho.

Oh and players attitudes!

From a Norwegian Utd fan who watched the new signing while on trial

https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/norsk-14-aring-klar-for-manchester-united/3423683986.html
We've signed 14 year old Isak Hansen-Aarøen on a pre-contract. He's been on trial with Everton and Liverpool as well. Really talented lad, bit small but quite agile and quick on the first meters, top pace is OK. Technically he's oustanding in his first touch, close control and dribbling. Tactically he's impressive too, knows where to be very well, decision-making is great. Passing, vision and combination-play are his best attributes.

Zz I know you love something new and shiny but Carrick isn't some link to the past, Phelan is a highly experienced assistant manager who should never have been released in the first place. If Moyes had kept him, he might still have a job. The managing unit isn't really the issue here. The playing attitude isn't. And then the DOF situation.

I'm not blaming Solskjaer for the announcement of him being permanent.... that's totally on the board jumping the gun needlessly. No need to make the players feel comfortable and not leave that decision until end of season when we have a fill picture of where we are at. Not just a snapshot of a happy camp and a good flow of results.

Solskjaer however for me (and the coaches) do have to take at least some blame for the run of results since because it has been terrible. Yes we know the players have portion of blame as well, but we can't think that there haven't been mistakes from all sides here.

Zzeezzy, have you ever crossed that white line and put in a **** performance? I know I have!!
Wasn't the managers fault... Was mine.

Once you cross the white line...

Zzeezzy, have you ever crossed that white line and put in a **** performance? I know I have!!
Wasn't the managers fault... Was mine.

Sure thing. But you know what, If I were crossing the white line while making more money a week than my parents used to make in a year and supermodels were ready to jump on my **** and get impregnated just seconds after I introduced yourself, I have a feeling a bit on an ego creeps into most people. Because obviously I'm amazing if everybody treats me like a second coming, so perhaps its the manager that sucks.

Personally think we should sack Ole & rehire him as interim. Do that 2-3 times per season, should win the league.

If Glazers really want to clean up the place they should start by sacking Ed Woodward.

People can call him excellent moneymaker but even that is suspect. Sponsorship and advertisement revenue has been driving up like mad all across football. All the elite teams are signing record breaking deals. United with their massive global fanbase would always be taking a big part of that pie. So at best you could say that he's doing okay on the commercial side of the club.

Everything else though, is a mess. Transfer dealing are awfully hit and miss and there's always some problems with contract renegotiations. Manager appointments also have been ****. LVG was perhaps the only one who wasn't questionable from the start, he just came rd in the WC with an average Dutch NT. But Moyes was clearly out of his depth, Mourinho was a massive gamble just coming off having Chelsea in relegation and leaving scorched earth in every club he worked at, and Ole is basically a bleeding heart fan service appointment.

Ultimately Woodward is the person responsible for the state of the club and in 6 years as the boss he's spend untold billions and club is in far worse place than when he started.

If Glazers really want to clean up the place they should start by sacking Ed Woodward.

They don't want to clean up anything though, which is why this whole thing is a never ending shitshow until they go.

Everyone says how good business men they are, I personally think they are ****. They are using United's name to attract sponsors, pretty easy. But the thing I can't get my head around is why they took us over with £400m debt and they've not paid it off even still now? It has been like £1bln down the pan in debt repayments.

Back