The Manchester United Thread

Didn’t watch. How did the youngsters get on? Literally a nothing game and people still losing there **** lol!

Thats the problem. The players treating it like a nothing game. Did the Cardiff players do that? We could have gone 5th if Arsenal didnt win. Huddersfield wasnt a nothing game. They was relegated. We needed to win. Two games in a row against already relegated teams and we lose both and you think thats acceptable because its a nothing game?

Because we were ****. People are entitled to lose their **** at this point, ToD. I'm completely on-board with Mike's point, mind, just that our players have been disgraceful, and I'm not talking about their form, but their mentality. They have just given up.

I'm still cautioning patience regarding transfers, and patience regarding Ole, in giving him a proper pre-season. But that still doesn't excuse the **** performance that our current team have been turning up. Gah. This is beyond them being fried out with high pressing and low conditioning. This is them not giving a ****. And that, no matter where, is unacceptable.

It's a send off, at home. Its never a nothing game that either. Forget Dof, transfers, fix the mentailty first

It’s just funny last since the Cardiff match 99% of people have been. Pointless match, not gonna bother watching, end the season now, I’m done blah blah. Then the same people are losing there **** over stuff we was all expecting. If anyone thought the players were gonna put on a dominant performance or whatever or be any different then more fool then we’ve known for a while they couldn’t give a toss and likely won’t be here.

Yes the players should give a **** but they haven’t for weeks. Totally agree with Mikes points! They have all been warned! And Ole will have seen enough now and most likely told a lot of these they won’t be here. And the ones that are told there staying have no excuses!

It’s just funny last since the Cardiff match 99% of people have been. Pointless match, not gonna bother watching, end the season now, I’m done blah blah. Then the same people are losing there **** over stuff we was all expecting. If anyone thought the players were gonna put on a dominant performance or whatever or be any different then more fool then we’ve known for a while they couldn’t give a toss and likely won’t be here.

Yes the players should give a **** but they haven’t for weeks. Totally agree with Mikes points! They have all been warned! And Ole will have seen enough now and most likely told a lot of these they won’t be here. And the ones that are told there staying have no excuses!

They should be sacked, if I don't turn up and do my job to a good level then that would happen.

If we beat Huddersfield and Cardiff then we finish 4th... it's pathetic how much we screwed our season. So many second chances as well, this club let alone team needs a total revamp.

They should be sacked, if I don't turn up and do my job to a good level then that would happen.

If we beat Huddersfield and Cardiff then we finish 4th... it's pathetic how much we screwed our season. So many second chances as well, this club let alone team needs a total revamp.
Yep. Role on the Summer/Pre season where we shall start getting an indicator of what to expect.

Anyways know told me how Greenwood, Gomes, Garner played?

Yep. Role on the Summer/Pre season where we shall start getting an indicator of what to expect.

Anyways know told me how Greenwood, Gomes, Garner played?

I only seen the first half. Greenwood had a couple of good chances. One header one on one with the keeper that was saved. Should really have done better with the chance but not gonna get on his back. Pereira was absolute *****. If he is Herrera's replacement we are in trouble.

We have the players to do that. The issue is that they havent done it anywhere near enough. You can't solve everything by moaning about transfers.

This isn't football manager lads. We could buy 6 new players, but if the mentality and conditioning of the whole side doesnt change then it means ****.

The one big plus is that we have a manager who actually coaches. A lot of work to be done. And I suspect plenty of players will be seeing the door

I don't see eye to eye with you in this point. It's irrelevant if we have the players to do that in the first team, since the point being made is about how deep is their squad and about how they made a proper job of building a balanced squad with a lot of competition in each position.

The argument about FM is mistaken. If this was Football Manager, given how much we have spent to build this squad, we would suck at it. Again: this squad is far from being cheap, and the quality doesn't match the amount of money we spent in it.

In the end, this is not an argument about signing 6 more players, tho we sure need it: it's about how clueless we are in the market. We can have any manager in the world, if we keep buying mediocrity for the price of wc quality, it will be a long road back to the top.

Thanks guys. Happy Greenwood played well in a ***** team performance. Seems he had a couple of good effort near injury time. Glad to see Gomes get some mins. Also happy to see the back of this lot. No way is Periera the replacement for Herrera.

Missed the game but seen the reports, all I can say is so much for playing the youth today! At least if the youngsters had played there may have been some excuse for the shambles. This lot of over paid ponces would even look out of place playing in the Conference. That said if they can get rid of certain toxic elements, plus make them work on their fitness over the close season and beast them in pre-season then maybe some respectability will return. Continue playing as they have been for much of the season then even the Europa Cup maybe a pipe dream.

I don't see eye to eye with you in this point. It's irrelevant if we have the players to do that in the first team, since the point being made is about how deep is their squad and about how they made a proper job of building a balanced squad with a lot of competition in each position.

The argument about FM is mistaken. If this was Football Manager, given how much we have spent to build this squad, we would suck at it. Again: this squad is far from being cheap, and the quality doesn't match the amount of money we spent in it.

In the end, this is not an argument about signing 6 more players, tho we sure need it: it's about how clueless we are in the market. We can have any manager in the world, if we keep buying mediocrity for the price of wc quality, it will be a long road back to the top.

I'm not bothered if you dont see eye to eye. The issue isnt squad depth here. The issue is the whole squad simply not playing well enough full stop. Transfers at this point are completely secondary

I'm not bothered if you dont see eye to eye. The issue isnt squad depth here. The issue is the whole squad simply not playing well enough full stop. Transfers at this point are completely secondary

When this group of players have played consistently well to sugest that they can take us to, say, a title challenge? Mind you, i'm not talking about selling everyone in the squad. I strongly believe that we need good competition in every position and that we need some elite players to raise our level. This squad's depth is so thin we have players with no direct substitute, and that's laughable if we consider how much we've spent.

It doesn't matter if we had the same players as City. If they can't be arsed, then it simply doesn't matter. Whereas, if you can motivate the players, then even an average bunch can romp to the title (and ****, we have seen it with Fergie and his final season - ****, many of his seasons). You need players with the right mentality. That's the majority problem with the players we have - the ones with the right mentality aren't influential enough, and the influential ones are turning out to be toxic.

I do agree with your point, mind, that we need more depth. Not denying that. But we need to fix their mentality first. The reason why Ronaldo and Messi are revered till date whenever they play (beyond the superhuman ability) is the mentality to not give up and try to win each and every single thing. That, is badly missing, and no matter what depth you get, if that isn't fixed, we are royally screwed.

Honestly, what the squad needs now is a swift kick up the ****. And the willingness to enforce the message, no matter who. If Pogba doesn't give a ****, don't play him. Sends a message, which is more important.

It doesn't matter if we had the same players as City. If they can't be arsed, then it simply doesn't matter. Whereas, if you can motivate the players, then even an average bunch can romp to the title (and ****, we have seen it with Fergie and his final season - ****, many of his seasons). You need players with the right mentality. That's the majority problem with the players we have - the ones with the right mentality aren't influential enough, and the influential ones are turning out to be toxic.

I do agree with your point, mind, that we need more depth. Not denying that. But we need to fix their mentality first. The reason why Ronaldo and Messi are revered till date whenever they play (beyond the superhuman ability) is the mentality to not give up and try to win each and every single thing. That, is badly missing, and no matter what depth you get, if that isn't fixed, we are royally screwed.

Honestly, what the squad needs now is a swift kick up the ****. And the willingness to enforce the message, no matter who. If Pogba doesn't give a ****, don't play him. Sends a message, which is more important.

This. Squad depth doesn't matter if no one turns up

Also, our transfers have been terrible. Since Ferguson left, we have had Fellaini, Mata, di Maria, Shaw, Herrerra, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Schweini, Pereira, Romero, Pogba, Miki, Bailly, Zlatan, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred and Dalot.

Of those, the only ones that worked are Shaw, Mata, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Romero, Zlatan, Lindelof (Lukaku and Bailly at a stretch, too). Around 8 out of 26 odd transfers. And even those 8 aren't stand out, they're iffy. When you can't name one standout good transfer in the last 5 years, you know you're in trouble and your transfer strategy is ****.

Just going out and buying depth is not enough - we have been buying players, and paying insane amounts of money for them too. We need the players with the right mentality. That is what will take the team forward. Can't say the Glazers don't spend - they have. Our transfer strategy and identification has been woeful (despite the huge number of scouts we apparently have). If that doesn't improve, no amount of depth is going to help us.

Also, our transfers have been terrible. Since Ferguson left, we have had Fellaini, Mata, di Maria, Shaw, Herrerra, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Darmian, Schweini, Pereira, Romero, Pogba, Miki, Bailly, Zlatan, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred and Dalot.

Of those, the only ones that worked are Shaw, Mata, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Romero, Zlatan, Lindelof (Lukaku and Bailly at a stretch, too). Around 8 out of 26 odd transfers. And even those 8 aren't stand out, they're iffy. When you can't name one standout good transfer in the last 5 years, you know you're in trouble and your transfer strategy is ****.

Just going out and buying depth is not enough - we have been buying players, and paying insane amounts of money for them too. We need the players with the right mentality. That is what will take the team forward. Can't say the Glazers don't spend - they have. Our transfer strategy and identification has been woeful (despite the huge number of scouts we apparently have). If that doesn't improve, no amount of depth is going to help us.
Agree! Wouldn’t right off Fred or Dalot yet. But I get what your saying. I actually have faith in Ole to have a complete reset and sort this **** show squad out but as he has stated it won’t be quick! Wouldn’t be surprised if Matic, Lukaku being left out today was transfers related and won’t be seen again!

And it's Woodward that's paid what he has for players. He needs to go asap. And it's not just what he's paid. It's what he's sold players for as well. He's practically let some players walk over the years where somebody like Levy can get good fees for average players. It's a shambles and won't change while that clown has the final say. He needs to stick to what he's good at. Getting extortionate money for an official bog roll sponsor. Anything on the playing side he needs to be kept as far away as possible.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Even if Ole doesn't win anything or gets fired I still feel like he can lay the foundation for a future United team and staff!

Thats not that bad, thats 30% success rate. Take a look at City:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281

Difference is - they replaces their dross with good players, United only with average.

Also, it is about the transfers. Not all, but some. You can let players do what they have done this season. Acting like they own the club, playing good when they want, being a spoiled *******. Identify the cause and cut it without second thought. You are an employee at Manchester United. Like any other 'company', workers need to have certain qualifications and they need to behave in certain way. This thing at United, its shameful.

Reminds me of Lakers when Dr. Buss died. Wrong people took over and its a major mess for last 6 years. At least Lakers will always have LA as a major thing to attract the bball players. What can United offer beside of history and completely disfunctional hierarchy?

Sell the troublemakers, send the message to the others. Theres no single person in the football world thats greater than United.

Even if Ole doesn't win anything or gets fired I still feel like he can lay the foundation for a future United team and staff!

i think he definitely can but i do fear for him if we have a poor start to the season.I truly hope hes given time and by that i mean two seasons minimum to get us back in the top four.

Back