The Manchester United Thread

If true, that's ****** depressing. Need to get rid of Rojo, has been rather useless the past three years. And maybe Jones too, now that we can maybe get a sell-on value for him. Leaves us with Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly, Tuanzebe and a new CB, which is good.
Got a feeling 2 of Jones, Bailly or Tuanzebe will be out the door in the Summer the latter depending if Villa get promoted. If they do they might leave Tuanzebe getting a full season under his belt at Villa starting every week. If that’s the case Rojo staying as 5th choice for a season won’t be bad. He’s on low wages can cover 2 positions and is left footed and can pass out the back. Plus can never question his determination on the pitch.

Mino Raiola obviously trying to use United to get Barca giving De Ligt a better contract..

Nah. Barcelona can't afford his current demands, or his fee at the minute. So there's not much chance of getting them to pay more. It's a genuine make a move for him now Barcelona or he could end up elsewhere.

I wouldn't sell or trade Lukaku. In his first season with us, he scored 16 league goals. With Everton, in his last two seasons he scored 18 and 25 league goals. He has a proven record and a CF is not nearly a priority for us.

That being said, trade him with Perisic is absolutely nonsensical. He's a 30 yrs old left winger and we're signing James. The only players we should look from Inter's squad are Brozovic and Skriniar, maybe De Vrij.

As for Dembele, he's a similar player to Lukaku, and would be a good squad player. Not one to lead our attack. It all depends why we'd sign him.

Last edited:
Considering our toxic dressing room and wages..... Griezzmann is the last thing we would need.
If we're keeping Rojo, then who really is going? My worry for Solsjkaer is that he won't get these guys out.
Think we may be disappointed in terms of the OUTS. I guess Darmian, Valencia but honestly we needed a lot more then that in my view. De Ligt is the only player I would not care how we get him really because this guy is the most important block of the rebuild we need.
Think a few will leave. Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia already gone. Still think Darmian, Rojo, Sanchez, Mata, Lukaku will leave. Think De Gea will stay if it it looks like we will turn things around next season on an upwards path he will likely sign a new deal if not leave on a free then Henderson will take his place. Big call for the club on him this summer to risk losing him for nothing. Agree with De Ligt just do what ever to get him. Especially now that Koulibaly looks like no chance of happening.

Griezzmann and Pogba dressing room could backfire so quickly. You dont have guy like Simeone and other leaders who can keep them in line.

For CB idea why noone is talking about Jonathan Tah? Could be a bit cheaper than De Ligt, definitely less wages, proven more than him already on top level, huge and bulky guy who wont be bullied. I like De Ligt potential but clubs seems going too crazy over him currently, hope he grows WC but still the expectations are a bit much on the kid.
But Leverkusen will be playing CL so it might be hard to get him out of the club.

Griezzmann and Pogba dressing room could backfire so quickly. You dont have guy like Simeone and other leaders who can keep them in line.

For CB idea why noone is talking about Jonathan Tah? Could be a bit cheaper than De Ligt, definitely less wages, proven more than him already on top level, huge and bulky guy who wont be bullied. I like De Ligt potential but clubs seems going too crazy over him currently, hope he grows WC but still the expectations are a bit much on the kid.
But Leverkusen will be playing CL so it might be hard to get him out of the club.
CB I would look at De Ligt, Tah, Dias (Benfica), Andersen(Sampdoria), Milinkovic(Fiorentina)

Griezmann may think of himself as a social media star, but i don't recall any trouble he had with his teammates and he always gave his sweat and blood for Atletico and France. He is trained by one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time, and he works hard off the ball and is selfless in possession.

I have him in my book as a top 5, and i couldn't care less how he acts off the pitch. We've had the two biggest primmadonnas of football's history (Beckham and CR7), and both of them thrived because they were talented and professionals in the pitch.

Griezmann may think of himself as a social media star, but i don't recall any trouble he had with his teammates and he always gave his sweat and blood for Atletico and France. He is trained by one of the greatest defensive coaches of all time, and he works hard off the ball and is selfless in possession.

I have him in my book as a top 5, and i couldn't care less how he acts off the pitch. We've had the two biggest primmadonnas of football's history (Beckham and CR7), and both of them thrived because they were talented and professionals in the pitch.

But dont forget that at Atletico he has Simone as coach and teammates who are more leader - Godin, Juanfran, Koke.
Same with Pogba in Juventus, but we have seen how he reacts if things dont go right for him at United.

Ofcourse all is speculation, but I would like money and wages invested somewhere else.

Yeah, not too enthused about Griezmann. No doubt he is WC, and among the best, but considering his prima-donna ways and his wages in relation to his age, I would rather we avoid him. We have so many other problem areas instead of wasting a huge chunk of our budget on a luxury item right now.

Sort out CB,M,RW,RB first. Then, look at a striker. And even then, a long list before even considering Griezmann. He is undoubtedly available, especially since Barca has to sell before buying, and I'm not sure of anyone else wanting him (Maybe PSG, but who don't they want?), but I'd rather we avoid him.

Be surprised if Barca end up with both De Ligt and Griezmann. They will have to sell a lot of players to get that done.

Be surprised if Barca end up with both De Ligt and Griezmann. They will have to sell a lot of players to get that done.
They are due a clear-out. I reckon they will try to offload both Coutinho and Rakitic. That should help them with room for wages. Coutinho will definitely be for a huge loss, though, unless some club has a brain-fart.

They are due a clear-out. I reckon they will try to offload both Coutinho and Rakitic. That should help them with room for wages. Coutinho will definitely be for a huge loss, though, unless some club has a brain-fart.
Yeah think they could sell Rakitic, Malcom and Coutinho but know one is gonna stump up what they want.

Yeah think they could sell Rakitic, Malcom and Coutinho but know one is gonna stump up what they want.
Malcom seems to be their only bright patch in recent games, and the players definitely trust him more than Dembele, but Valverde doesn't seem to rate him.

Back