The Manchester United Thread

Yeah mate I know they were from Sunday with Holland. I read them last night.

Just saying most of the rumour B/S that some are buzzing off is no-doubt coming out of Raiola's agency.

In that interview he got asked aswell if staying another year at Ajax was an option aswell and he still had a contract so that might be possible.

Don't take anything they say seriously...

Lizzie Arnot and Kirstie Smith both played well in Scotland’s win against Jamaica last night

BREAKING:

Dylan Levitt included in Wales senior squad for 2 games in June.

Daniel James also makes the cut

De Ligt said in an interview that Rashford was the hardest STR he’s ever played against :)

Last edited:
Yeah, he will most likely get more opportunities this season, considering the state of our squad. Especially if Mata is leaving, and we can't replace him. Although, I have to say, if we get de Ligt wrapped up, that's some good business already this season (I'm still not optimistic about it, mind) - Daniel James, de Ligt, maybe Meunier/AWB and that's three potential problem areas taken care of. We need maybe two CMs (or one, but that's a risk) and then a FW. I'm not optimistic about getting both positions, mind, but we should manage a CM and a young FW.
Yeah should do. But he didn’t rule out a loan move he said. With Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia already gone from start of last seasons squad. And if we lose Darmian, Rojo, Lukaku and possibly Sanchez.

We need at min FB, RW, CB, CM, FWD. Then add to that the likes of Gomes, Greenwood, Garner, Chong being promoted more often then TFM and Tuanzebe coming back we should be in a good position going into the star of next season.

Yeah should do. But he didn’t rule out a loan move he said. With Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia already gone from start of last seasons squad. And if we lose Darmian, Rojo, Lukaku and possibly Sanchez.

We need at min FB, RW, CB, CM, FWD. Then add to that the likes of Gomes, Greenwood, Garner, Chong being promoted more often then TFM and Tuanzebe coming back we should be in a good position going into the star of next season.
Not counting Tuanzebe, think he will be better off at Villa, where he will start every week, and gain valuable PL experience. Here, he would be a rotation/backup option - not what he needs at this point in his career. Although, we need to get his contract wrapped up first. I expect Chong and Greenwood to be promoted more often. Both don't look out of place. Garner and Gomes, sporadically, get them used to the team. Expect Laird may also get some minutes, but more likely to be loaned out.

If he’s given a monstrous contract, it needs to be heavily based around success clauses & bonuses, like Rooney’s last one was.

Not counting Tuanzebe, think he will be better off at Villa, where he will start every week, and gain valuable PL experience. Here, he would be a rotation/backup option - not what he needs at this point in his career. Although, we need to get his contract wrapped up first. I expect Chong and Greenwood to be promoted more often. Both don't look out of place. Garner and Gomes, sporadically, get them used to the team. Expect Laird may also get some minutes, but more likely to be loaned out.
Yeah I agree with Tuanzebe mate was gonna say the same. Yeah Laird will get some mins in the cups like Garner and Gomes. Also forgot Mata potentially leaving.

Then Hopefully next Summer it’s just minor changes. Grant, Matic, Young then one of the Chuckle brothers gone.

GK: DDG, Romero, Grant

FBs: Shaw, Young, Dalot, Laird, (New Signing)

CBs: Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Jones, (New Signing)

CM: Pogba, Matic, Fred, Mctominey, Periera, TFM, Garner, (New Signing)

Attack: Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Chong, Gomes, (2 new signings)

Happy with that for next season!

If he’s given a monstrous contract, it needs to be heavily based around success clauses & bonuses, like Rooney’s last one was.

It's rarely publicised. But this is how United operate already

As it should. If you're paid top money, you should play like a top player.

Great news :)

So, in the past we had a girls team structure run by the MU Foundation that used to operate teams up to 16 - our U16s won their League last year. This year we were also running what was effectively an U19 team - that got into the final of the Academy Cup, but they weren't in a proper league.

Next season with the women in WSL1, we'll also be running an official U21 Academy complete with support for continuing education and we're announcing trials for it.

Want to join our #MUWomen Academy, or know someone that would?

Good news: trials are now open for the 2019/20 season — here's how to apply
1f447.png
https://cards.twitter.com/cards/18ce53w5hu5/7g8ie …

Matthijs de Ligt to tell Manchester United his decision over transfer in coming days

TELEMMGLPICT000192056639_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqels-WTGZ5Wa0BigE5U3wYG43joXhpxfYai9mW_ikL4o.jpeg

The Holland and Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt will update Manchester United about his transfer plans in the newx few days CREDIT: PETER LOUS/SOCCRATES/GETTY IMAGES

31 MAY 2019 • 1:40PM
Follow

Manchester United have been told to expect a decision from Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt in the coming days with the Premier League club still hoping to beat Barcelona in the race to sign the centre back.
Although United sources have been privately briefing that they believe Barcelona agreed a deal with the 19-year-old and his representatives months ago, tellingly that has not stopped them trying to scupper the move.
If you are convinced one of your main transfer targets has already made up his mind, why waste time and effort working so hard to get your own deal done?
Telegraph Sport revealed last month that De Ligt was still tempted by a move to United, despite the lack of Champions League football and had not made any commitment to sign for Barça before winning the league and cup double with Ajax.

And there is a view in Holland that the move to United is the better option. De Ligt’s sole motivation since he first arrived in the Ajax Academy at the age of six was to turn himself into the best defender in the world and a move to England would arguably make him a more complete defender.

Although United need to begin a major rebuilding project this summer, sources close to De Ligt have indicated that appeals to him in much the same way as it did when became captain of Ajax during their own rejuvenation project two years ago.

The faster, more physical style of football in England would expose him to a completely different style of football to the one he has experienced in Holland. He is also young enough to spend five or six years in England and then move to Spain if he wished to do so.
Barcelona see De Ligt as the long-term successor to Gerard Pique, but the youngster is well aware of the fact that Pique spent several years at United and admitted he benefited hugely from his time in England, before returning to Spain.
There are also question marks as to whether De Ligt will play regularly if he signs for Barça this summer, which would mean going from Ajax captain, and the first name on the team-sheet, to a substitute in La Liga.
United, on the other hand, have made it clear they would like to build a new look defence around the most coveted teenager in Europe.

De Ligt had been taking Spanish lessons for more than a year, but Telegraph Sport was informed he had begun to question whether the move to Spain was the best option for him before the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Tottenham.
That has given United a window of opportunity to make their sales pitch, even if many still believe he is Barcelona bound, both in this country, as well as Spain.
“I’m very excited for what could be coming in the near future,” said De Ligt when speaking to Dutch media. “But I’m calm too. I see it as a challenge, that’s the most important thing. There are various options, what I’m doing is looking for the best option.”

One way or another this will be over soon
Yeah, this is getting way too long. Thankfully, it hasn't turned into a farce like Griezzman last year.

But anyhow, I'm still not particularly optimistic. I still reckon he is Barca bound, and that they will offload Coutinho to afford him and his wages.

Yeah, this is getting way too long. Thankfully, it hasn't turned into a farce like Griezzman last year.

But anyhow, I'm still not particularly optimistic. I still reckon he is Barca bound, and that they will offload Coutinho to afford him and his wages.
hes defo off to barca but its nice to dream

Back