The Manchester United Thread

Gotta say, i'm not the big enthusiast of signing AWB for 55m. He has great defensive technique, but has a lot to improve in the buildup and in the offensive third. And we already have a RB wonderkid in Dalot. I'd much rather try more experienced players like Meunier or Trippier. Cancelo's fee has been reported in around 60m too.

Gotta say, i'm not the big enthusiast of signing AWB for 55m. He has great defensive technique, but has a lot to improve in the buildup and in the offensive third. And we already have a RB wonderkid in Dalot. I'd much rather try more experienced players like Meunier or Trippier. Cancelo's fee has been reported in around 60m too.

He's miles ahead of Dalot, and also good going forward. His offensive numbers will go up in a team that can attack.

Tripper is bang average, Cancelo is off to city

Rather stick with Young than Trippier both have been awful defensively plus he off to Napoli anyways. Was never gonna get Cancelo over City. Meunier or AWB will both be good. But we need to stop shipping gls so AWB most probably the most logical. 55m in today’s market isn’t much tbh.

Btw, Mata has been envolved in 8 goals and 10 assists over the last 2 seasons, in wich he played 67 games (50 as a starter). He completed 90 minutes only 14 times. Gotta be a **** of a pay cut to make the deal worthwhile.

Btw, Mata has been envolved in 8 goals and 10 assists over the last 2 seasons, in wich he played 67 games (50 as a starter). He completed 90 minutes only 14 times. Gotta be a **** of a pay cut to make the deal worthwhile.

Mata is also one of the few regular penetrative passers. Something we massively lack

Trippier is slow, and has a good cross on him, that's about it. Plus, his form this season was rather bad. Cancelo wasn't going to move without CL, I reckon. While I like Meunier, AwB seems a lot better. And as someone claimed earlier, I reckon Ole sees Dalot as more of a winger. That's where he used him more often last season, with Young at RB. And considering his crossing, could be a decent backup option there too. A utility man on the entire right side, while also covering the left.

If true then the club should be in good hands at FB for once. Shaw, Dalot, AWB, Young, Laird, Williams. Possibly O’Connor and TFM.

Can’t see Lukaku going to Inter. They wanted to offer cash plus Icardi. He or us doesn’t want the move. We want Skrinrar but he or Inter don’t want the move. Can’t see Inter finding the sort of cash needed. Won’t mind him staying tbh.

Can’t see Lukaku going to Inter. They wanted to offer cash plus Icardi. He or us doesn’t want the move. We want Skrinrar but he or Inter don’t want the move. Can’t see Inter finding the sort of cash needed. Won’t mind him staying tbh.

Icardi won't come here because he'd be second choice. We also dont need a poacher.

Mata signing a deal is a non-discussion. Makes no sense to let him go and create another squad gap when we’re already working within a set budget as it is.

However, I don’t expect him to retire here. I’d expect another year out of him being our creative back up and hopefully Gomes will be ready for integration by 2020-21 season. 2+1 looks to me like we’re securing a fee for him. Sell him back to Spain for ~10M.

He needs to find the right balance between getting a good fee and moving the player on, no point in keeping him if he doesn't want to be there.

PSG are willing to pay that price. The market is there. As for Pogba's fears, Juventus are currently struggling to meet his wage demands so he's hardly making it easy. United don't need to sell him to do business.

Clubs are not beholden to sell because another club demands it. If they really want it they'll pay.

Back