The Manchester United Thread

Boothroyd again talking about AWB to Utd. Saying he will have no problem letting him leave for a medical. Can see this being done fairly quick especially since England lost again.

Last edited:
Sanchez will be back walking his dogs next season and picking up a healthy pay packet. We're not seriously thinking he will turn it around at United are we? He wasn't even good in his last season for Arsenal when we signed him. Still here cos we can't get rid sadly.

Sanchez is currently playing really well. That's all the conclusion you can draw right now.

Sanchez will be back walking his dogs next season and picking up a healthy pay packet. We're not seriously thinking he will turn it around at United are we? He wasn't even good in his last season for Arsenal when we signed him. Still here cos we can't get rid sadly.
That would be a fairy tale. It would be interesting if that happened, mind. Or if he atleast contributed to half decent performances. It was always expected that we wouldn't be able to move him on, and in such a scenario, if he reaches a stage where the team is not carrying him, then good.

Also to note that he injured himself, and continued on despite that to score. Commitment, yes, but I don't know if there will be an injury lay-off because of that.

That would be a fairy tale. It would be interesting if that happened, mind. Or if he atleast contributed to half decent performances. It was always expected that we wouldn't be able to move him on, and in such a scenario, if he reaches a stage where the team is not carrying him, then good.

Also to note that he injured himself, and continued on despite that to score. Commitment, yes, but I don't know if there will be an injury lay-off because of that.

Yep, it's just a wait and see game with him for now. Continue restructuring the rest of the side

So De Ligt could be on around 450k a week at Juventus. Safe to say, that's probably done Pogba no good, unless Juve clear wages off the books

So De Ligt could be on around 450k a week at Juventus. Safe to say, that's probably done Pogba no good, unless Juve clear wages off the books
You're kidding me? That's more than the supposed PSG offer. Jesus. He will be on a Messi/Ronaldo level salary come late 20s. And how is Juve affording this? Ramsey on 400k, de Ligt on 450k. Ronaldo on god-knows-how-much. Juve used to be known for their shrewd business, now it's that, combined with insane salaries.

You're kidding me? That's more than the supposed PSG offer. Jesus. He will be on a Messi/Ronaldo level salary come late 20s. And how is Juve affording this? Ramsey on 400k, de Ligt on 450k. Ronaldo on god-knows-how-much. Juve used to be known for their shrewd business, now it's that, combined with insane salaries.

Ramsey is on about 275, tbf, but still. Ronaldo is apparently on 30m a year after tax... which would mean a million a week

There’s a man badly advised who just went chasing the money way too young.

Never winning a European big one in Turin that’s for sure.

Ramsey is on about 275, tbf, but still. Ronaldo is apparently on 30m a year after tax... which would mean a million a week
Are you sure about Ramsey? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47203118 Unless they include other stuff in it, or have exaggerated the amount, I'm not sure. With Ronaldo, Ramsey and now de Ligt, the salaries they are bandying about are Galactico levels. I have no idea how they are affording it. I know there were protests in Turin when Ronaldo was signed, based on the cost and the wages he is earning (I think Jeep financed that deal, I'm not sure).

There’s a man badly advised who just went chasing the money way too young.

Never winning a European big one in Turin that’s for sure.
Well, I'm not sure if it is that dire. Money-spinning move, yes, but it is not as bad an option as say, PSG. With Juve, now the league is getting slightly more competitive too, and he has a better shot at Europe there than with PSG. Plus, he can learn more with Chiellini/Bonucci there too. And playing with Ronaldo is an obvious attraction. Admittedly, the only other feasible options were United, Liverpool and Barcelona - he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at Liverpool/Barca and I don't think any of the three clubs could afford the wage anyway.

Not saying he hasn't moved for money, but you have to see that he has some positives too at Juve.

Are you sure about Ramsey? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47203118 Unless they include other stuff in it, or have exaggerated the amount, I'm not sure. With Ronaldo, Ramsey and now de Ligt, the salaries they are bandying about are Galactico levels. I have no idea how they are affording it. I know there were protests in Turin when Ronaldo was signed, based on the cost and the wages he is earning (I think Jeep financed that deal, I'm not sure).

Ramsay is on the same wage as Dybala. Ronaldo is on more than people thought

Well, I'm not sure if it is that dire. Money-spinning move, yes, but it is not as bad an option as say, PSG. With Juve, now the league is getting slightly more competitive too, and he has a better shot at Europe there than with PSG. Plus, he can learn more with Chiellini/Bonucci there too. And playing with Ronaldo is an obvious attraction. Admittedly, the only other feasible options were United, Liverpool and Barcelona - he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at Liverpool/Barca and I don't think any of the three clubs could afford the wage anyway.

Not saying he hasn't moved for money, but you have to see that he has some positives too at Juve.

United was only a feasible financial option if we’re honest. Outside of that, per de Ligt, he wanted CL football. With a club as unstable as you currently are, that didn’t fit at all save for the £ signs.

L’pool and City would never have been that ridiculous on the wage side. Although he’d of had no better coaches/ clubs on an upward trajectory, in World football to round himself out. And he’d of got more than his share of games at either with both looking at 50 odd/ 60 plus games a season going forward. Barcelona, IiMHO, was the most feasible and best situation if he hadn’t gone chasing the money. Série A is getting better. But not at the top end where it’s still a cake walk for Juve’s financial might. Ala Germany with Bayern and France with PSG. No real test domestically there at all. And that transcends into Europe when they come up against the real elite and a pace they struggle to live with.

He’ll become tactically savvy in Italy. Walk to a lot of domestic silverware. And be very rich. Not that any of that’s a bad thing at all. Just far better situations his agent, if he wasn’t such a greedy ******* himself, should have been steering him toward for me.

Last edited:
Still matters that Juve is not the lifetime destination for him. He will most likely look for another move around 3-4 years down the line, once his period at Turin has passed. And he will have domestic silverware, be much better tactically and have played a lot, while still looking to compete in Europe every season, reaching into the later stages quite easily. Remember, Juve are much more competitive than PSG, atleast have better mentality.

While I agree that Barca were his best option for development, he would probably have earned a quarter of his Juve salary. The way he is probably looking at it, learn from the best in the business, play with the best in the business and then go to Barca/elsewhere as a WC player, getting a salary increase on his current wages.

His worst move would have been PSG, Juve I feel are a suitable middle-ground between competitiveness and pay package. Plus, Italy is not the schoolboy league (with the schoolboy stadiums) that France is. What I'm still puzzled at is how Juve can afford that salary. On top of Ronaldo's salary.

Sánchez has been really good, and that is a great thing for us if we are to offload him.

Back