The Manchester United Thread

Greenwood scores England’s 3rd :) and a new signing :)

Man Utd sign 16-year-old Spanish wonderkid Mateo Mejia from Real Zaragoza for £600,000 transfer fee.

From what hat I can see is a goal scoring winger. Hannibal Mejbri expected to be done soon also.

Last edited:
Few reports going round that Mata took a 45k pw pay cut to remain at OT. And has been promised an ambassador role at the end of his contract.

I was just listening to this to add weight to a reply to someone elsewhere and there's some interesting views on the AWB gamble for the price and the direction of the club from the Sunday Times excellent Johnathan Northcroft in particular (Castles is the downside but hey ho) that might be of interest.

The Utd talk is from 21:17 through 39:23.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/8bb016dd-932c-458a-a200-e221de6ede74

Good news you transfer impatient transfer muppets :))) Ducker saying Utd and Palace holding talks later today to finalise the AWB deal. And Ole wants to push forward with the Bruno Fernandes deal. Lukaku still in talks with Inter and Juve have enquired about Darmian.

Also saying Ole is still interested in Longstaff on top of Fernandes. Inter also have made enquires about Sanchez.

James, Fernandes, AWB, Longstaff and a CB will be a very good window.

Last edited:
Good news you transfer impatient transfer muppets :))) Ducker saying Utd and Palace holding talks later today to finalise the AWB deal. And Ole wants to push forward with the Bruno Fernandes deal. Lukaku still in talks with Inter and Juve have enquired about Darmian.

Also saying Ole is still interested in Longstaff on top of Fernandes. Inter also have made enquires about Sanchez.

James, Fernandes, AWB, Longstaff and a CB will be a very good window.

In other words you've been reading the papers and there is no actual news!

In other words you've been reading the papers and there is no actual news!

No because it’s from Ducker not some random toilet paper and Simon Stone of the BBC is reporting similar news so enjoy and cheer up you miserable sod ;)

TBH you're both wrong. Clearly stuff is happening ZZ, but also it's not anything different TOD. Signings are still on going.

Zz you need to stop acting like its the end of the world, its boring and inaccurate, Tod you need to stop acting like every tweet is news, its boring and inaccurate

Eh, we will make more signings, atleast one more for sure, it's fine. It's just that it will stretch on forever, and make us want to tear our hair out by the time it gets completed. Also, doesn't help facts that everyone gets linked, and noone has any actual information (good thing, mind, club atleast seems to have learned something from Moyes).

I reckon we should be able to complete both AwB and Fernandes, hopefully. What business we do after that is the more important question. Another CM and a CB, and it's a really good window.

Oh, and just for the record, Ndombele over Longstaff. Just saying.

Eh, we will make more signings, atleast one more for sure, it's fine. It's just that it will stretch on forever, and make us want to tear our hair out by the time it gets completed. Also, doesn't help facts that everyone gets linked, and noone has any actual information (good thing, mind, club atleast seems to have learned something from Moyes).

I reckon we should be able to complete both AwB and Fernandes, hopefully. What business we do after that is the more important question. Another CM and a CB, and it's a really good window.

Oh, and just for the record, Ndombele over Longstaff. Just saying.
Ndombele and Dias would be the best window we've probably ever had

Two years ago Inter Milan refused to sell Ivan Perisic to Manchester United for less than £48m. United well within their rights not to accept a penny less than £75m for Romelu Lukaku

**** right! And the fact Perisic only had 1yr left on his contract. I’m actually happy Ed/Judge are not having us get our pants down all the time!

View attachment 1209796

That's how important Pogba was to us this season and how deeply unbalanced our squad is.

Conversely, show how much everyone else underperformed. It doesn't matter who you bring in, if the current squad doesn't step up you're ****** anyway. It's why I worry less about transfers than any else.

Conversely, show how much everyone else underperformed. It doesn't matter who you bring in, if the current squad doesn't step up you're ****** anyway. It's why I worry less about transfers than any else.

While i agree that some players underperformed, i'd argue that for most it's as good as it gets.

While i agree that some players underperformed, i'd argue that for most it's as good as it gets.

Given that we've seen virtually all of them perform better, I'd argue that's not true. And if it really was, then we might as well pack in the transfers as well

Given that we've seen virtually all of them perform better, I'd argue that's not true. And if it really was, then we might as well pack in the transfers as well

De Gea, Lukaku and Sanchez underperformed. Matic had two bad seasons in a row, hardly a surprise now. Fred had a necessary time to adapt to a new league, but we have no record of him in a top league (i still believe in him).

Martial has always been hit and miss. Last season wasn't even his worst in terms of goals and starts. Rashford actually had his most prolific season yet. Shaw, Lindelof and Mctominay were solid.

Jones and Smalling have always been inconsistent. Young is 33, his golden days are gone. Bailly is hit and miss plus injury prone. Nobody ever saw anything from Rojo and Darmian.Mata's season was discrete, as it has been for a while.

That's about it.

De Gea, Lukaku and Sanchez underperformed. Matic had two bad seasons in a row, hardly a surprise now. Fred had a necessary time to adapt to a new league, but we have no record of him in a top league (i still believe in him).

Martial has always been hit and miss. Last season wasn't even his worst in terms of goals and starts. Rashford actually had his most prolific season yet. Shaw, Lindelof and Mctominay were solid.

Jones and Smalling have always been inconsistent. Young is 33, his golden days are gone. Bailly is hit and miss plus injury prone. Nobody ever saw anything from Rojo and Darmian.Mata's season was discrete, as it has been for a while.

That's about it.

And almost every single player underperformed. We saw for 2 months, what they could do, and they beat almost everything in front of them. Using the very players you mentioned, the key is extending that into a season with people staying fit.

This idea that transfers are the sole key is a fantasy, current players will have to step up regardless

Last edited:
Back