The Manchester United Thread

For me RW was the biggest area of weakness, maybe after RB actually but we literally was watching a team attack down one side of the pitch for most the season. Yet we should continue with what we have when there are players like Pepe (and others) available?

Seems bonkers to me really does, I'd prioritise a RW over CB and CM for sure given how stacked we are in those positions. Not that I think we have much quality but we have quantity at least.

Lingard is not a RW. Works best centrally, whether that’s #10, false 9/tip of a diamond, or part of a pressing front 2 (I.e. how José used him vs Conte a couple seasons back) - he lacks the physical aspects among other things required to be a wideman; he’s nippy off the mark, but his top speed is quite average and he’s basic as **** 1v1. Conversely, he’s very good at carrying in tight, central spaces (e.g. community shield final goal a couple years back) when the onus isn’t on him to burst into space & use physical attributes once a man is beat. Our best RW currently is Lukaku ffs, and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.
That puts it into perspective. Hopefully James takes to it.

Honestly, sorting the right wing out would benefit he functionality of the team immeasurably. Hopefully James/AWB is that, because it’s not Lingard

Last edited:
Lingard is not a RW. Works best centrally, whether that’s #10, false 9/tip of a diamond, or part of a pressing front 2 (I.e. how José used him vs Conte a couple seasons back) - he lacks the physical aspects among other things required to be a wideman; he’s nippy off the mark, but his top speed is quite average and he’s basic as **** 1v1. Conversely, he’s very good at carrying in tight, central spaces (e.g. community shield final goal a couple years back) when the onus isn’t on him to burst into space & use physical attributes once a man is beat. Our best RW currently is Lukaku ffs, and I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.

Honestly, sorting the right wing out would benefit he functionality of the team immeasurably. Hopefully James/AWB is that, because it’s not Lingard

Spot on, I don't know how anyone sees Lingard or Mata as a good option for RW, I really don't. But that's just me, this has been debated for years now and we're still no closer to fixing the issue. Sanchez literally hardly ever plays there for some unknown reason, so I don't even consider him really.

Unless like you say James hits the ground running, here's hoping he does but more than anything I'm happy he will keep first team players like Martial on his toes hopefully......

From Ducker: Internal email from Ed Woodward reveals #MUFC plans to sign more “exciting” players who fit club's “long-term vision”. Recognition they’re operating in an “inflated” market but says club are working “calmly” behind scenes amid all the talk

LMAO 4 people showed up to the #Glazer out protest today outside OT LOL! When are people going to realise protests and # bollocks on twitter isn’t going to to jot!!! 4 people FFS :))))))

LMAO 4 people showed up to the #Glazer out protest today outside OT LOL! When are people going to realise protests and # bollocks on twitter isn’t going to to jot!!! 4 people FFS :))))))

4 people who didn’t get the memo; it was cancelled. Rearranged for first home match

4 people who didn’t get the memo; it was cancelled. Rearranged for first home match
Not according to one of the organisers who was there. It’s wasnt postponed just suggested they move it. Still doesn’t change the fact **** all will happen either way.

Then you get 100s of fans complaining no one turned up today lol on twitter.

Last edited:

Lingard will start the season there. Whether he finishes the season there is another debate entirely.

But we're not going to sign a winger this window. Because he wants Sancho there next season. Unless Lukaku goes. Then you'll see a flexible forward come in (Pepe)

For me RW was the biggest area of weakness, maybe after RB actually but we literally was watching a team attack down one side of the pitch for most the season. Yet we should continue with what we have when there are players like Pepe (and others) available?

Seems bonkers to me really does, I'd prioritise a RW over CB and CM for sure given how stacked we are in those positions. Not that I think we have much quality but we have quantity at least.

Right wing was never the biggest weakness. It's the least of all the issues.

Honestly **** em, they're legit complaining because of who we didn't sign. It's embarrassing

Honestly **** em, they're legit complaining because of who we didn't sign. It's embarrassing
A local reporter tweeted there was more people going in and out the megastore lol. I said exactly the same Mike about it starting because of lack of signings from impatient kids. And twitter attention seeking idiots. Jeez the absolute pelters of abuse I got was ridiculous lol.

On RW yeah it’s not a priority for me over a top CM or CB. They are a must this window. 2 CMs infact!

Lingard will start the season there. Whether he finishes the season there is another debate entirely.

But we're not going to sign a winger this window. Because he wants Sancho there next season. Unless Lukaku goes. Then you'll see a flexible forward come in (Pepe)
To be honest I don't even think we'll sign anyone there if Lukaku goes. Especially if Sanchez keeps up this form. I honestly believe it's lingard and dalot on the right. Martial and James on the left, and rashford and Sanchez up top if Lukaku goes. And they are all pretty much interchangable. They key is Sanchez keeping his formthen we should have enough regardless of Lukaku. If he stays you move dalot to RB, James to RW and Sanchez LW to keep Lukaku up top

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Who's that mate?

Rashford. Rewarding him 250K when he hasn't even moulded into what he's supposed to be yet 4-5 seasons in is silly. What happens if & when he develops into what he's supposed to be? What does he earn then? Is he going to demand another raise?

Benzema is on 150K at Madrid.

Wage structure is a circus, this isn't sustainable. Only players at the club who should be earning more than 200k are De Gea & Pogba. If you want world class wages, become a world class player.

Rashford. Rewarding him 250K when he hasn't even moulded into what he's supposed to be yet 4-5 seasons in is silly. What happens if & when he develops into what he's supposed to be? What does he earn then? Is he going to demand another raise?

Benzema is on 150K at Madrid.

Wage structure is a circus, this isn't sustainable. Only players at the club who should be earning more than 200k are De Gea & Pogba. If you want world class wages, become a world class player.
It's not that easily fixed. While I agree with you, that's a byproduct of Sanchez's wages (in contrast to his performances) and Woodward's habit of leaving it till the last year to negotiate contracts. Both of those put you in the hands of the player, especially if there is interest from outside.

It isn't fixed that easily unless you get rid of a lot of players, which is never realistic. Slow burn, but when we do manage to get Sanchez's wage off the books, it should balance out.

Also, Rashford was made the de-facto starter under Ole, and started performing better. So, he will demand first team regular wages. It's higher than anticipated, but can't help it now, I guess.

Rashford. Rewarding him £250K .....

Seriously? Jesus!

Those legit Barcelona links must have scared the living P out of Woodward then huh?

That's madness. Compounded by him being more or less totally non-existent after the PSG game. Talk about rewarding mediocrity/ a poor attitude.

If he couldn't be motivated before, how's that going to work out now he's got superstar money?

Seriously? Jesus!

Those legit Barcelona links must have scared the living P out of Woodward then huh?

That's madness. Compounded by him being more or less totally non-existent after the PSG game. Talk about rewarding mediocrity/ a poor attitude.

If he couldn't be motivated before, how's that going to work out now he's got superstar money?

I'd disagree with you about his attitude, I'd say his attitude is one of the better ones - but it doesn't hide the fact he's still raw, inconsistent and doesn't even look like a ****** striker yet. How the **** does that warrant 250k?

Back